Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nesCPuMPV2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Join the Eremites and Embrace a Wonderful New Life!

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 13, 2022

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So I have to complete the Archon Quest and the Nahida story quest in order to unlock the Boss for Nahida?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

So I have to complete the Archon Quest and the Nahida story quest in order to unlock the Boss for Nahida?

Just the Archon quest. Nahida's story quest doesn't unlock anything to my knowledge. You should still do it though, it's fun.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just the Archon quest. Also the boss door appears in a slightly weird place that isn't that close to where it is in the plot, so check your book to find it if necessary.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I can't speak for the giant legions of Scaramouche fans but I just find him really funny because he's just this tiny angry hamster gremlin child. His over-the-top angst and anger are just really funny when he's a tiny man child.

His hat is pretty absurd

Also, Retribushroom is an excellent fungus name imo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maxwells Demon posted:

Just the Archon Quest, Nahida's unlocks afterwards but you'll unlock the boss and it after you beat it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

You technically don't even have to fully complete the archon quest, just once you've fought the story boss the domain unlocks. You don't have to do the stuff after it to do the weekly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's good because the epilogue is like an hour long.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I did it late sunday night to try and beat the reset timer and was glad to see I could put off the rest of the quest.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm really glad I decided to finally take Tighnari to 90. Upwards of 45~50k total damage charge shots depending on crits.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm really glad I decided to finally take Tighnari to 90. Upwards of 45~50k total damage charge shots depending on crits.

Tighnari is legit good. He also pairs really well with Keqing. They both have 40 cost bursts, so they're always up in the overworld.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

RareAcumen posted:

Holding out hope that Fontaine or Natlan will have a puppet character that hasn't gone insane.

Will you take a character with a puppet who's gone insane?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Rhinedottir/Gold made Albedo and he's held together pretty well so far. Everyone else really needs to get on her level.

Granted, Durin was not as good, but we're not getting playable dragons in this game like it's Skyrim with 48 different mods on it anyway.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'll miss Nahida when we leave Sumeru, but I assume she'll show up again down the road because our consciousnesses are connected or something like that

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Rhinedottir/Gold made Albedo and he's held together pretty well so far. Everyone else really needs to get on her level.

Granted, Durin was not as good, but we're not getting playable dragons in this game like it's Skyrim with 48 different mods on it anyway.

Lies and slander. Durin was excellent at what he did, and what he did was vomit poison all over everything all the time.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I did the Ocean-Hued Clam domain with my overworld team tonight and almost wiped. I thought the Keqing-Nahida Aggravate combo would be enough to carry me, but apparently Sayu's healing isn't enough to cover the stupid rifthounds' stupid bleed.

I swear they can even apply it during the iframes from Keqing's burst, which is just silly.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FractalSandwich posted:

I did the Ocean-Hued Clam domain with my overworld team tonight and almost wiped. I thought the Keqing-Nahida Aggravate combo would be enough to carry me, but apparently Sayu's healing isn't enough to cover the stupid rifthounds' stupid bleed.

I swear they can even apply it during the iframes from Keqing's burst, which is just silly.

Enemies keep moving during your wind ups and bursts. You're immune to damage during them, but yeah the rifthounds still apply their corruption debuff, it's really fun enemy design.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Justin_Brett posted:

Ventriloquists are sorely underrepresented.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

You really just have to dodge or apply really massive AoE damage.

Or have Kokomi on your team. It's the Kokomi domain for a reason

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I usually use my Hyperbloom team, which does have Kokomi on it. I just tried to be spicy. Turns out the wolves are spicier.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah that domain can be annoying. Even if you burst them down quickly you'll still take a bunch of corrosiom damage during your i-frames. So you'll likely have to heal every couple of runs if you dont have a competent healer with you

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
You should just take barabara and qiqi to the barbara qiqi domain. Then you can sayu around to your heart's content, if you'd like.

Also like raiden or fischl, i'm pretty sure they're electrodogs.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

You should just take barabara and qiqi to the barbara qiqi domain. Then you can sayu around to your heart's content, if you'd like.

Also like raiden or fischl, i'm pretty sure they're electrodogs.

Yes, the domain also has a bonus for electro reactions. The domain is meant to be done with healers abd electro damage.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Coolness Averted posted:

Yes, the domain also has a bonus for electro reactions. The domain is meant to be done with healers abd electro damage.

Yeah, no. Don't bring any electro in there. Purple dogs are supposed to be weak to electro, and yellow dogs with geo. I think there's even a tutorial message about it. What actually happens is that the dogs get super aggressive and get new moves when you hit them with their weakness. They'll start teledashing across the room with more attacks than you can possibly dodge.

If you want to maximize your misery, try bringing a superconduct team and winning with physical damage.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yeah, no. Don't bring any electro in there. Purple dogs are supposed to be weak to electro, and yellow dogs with geo. I think there's even a tutorial message about it. What actually happens is that the dogs get super aggressive and get new moves when you hit them with their weakness. They'll start teledashing across the room with more attacks than you can possibly dodge.

If you want to maximize your misery, try bringing a superconduct team and winning with physical damage.

It's not really that they're NORMALLY weak to those elements, their resistances are a flat 25% across the board, but when they enter that aggro state their resistance to Electro/Geo drops to -40%.

Otherwise though I agree, it's not worth it unless you've got some super broken team that can just instantly delete everything.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I had a dream I rolled on Yoimiya's banner for funsies and got her with one pull

I'm slightly disappointed it was actually a dream

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

To fix the super annoying teledashing you just have to walk to the corner of a room and stand with your back to a wall so when they dash 'through' you they end up still in melee range.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
They more or less helpfully group up around you, so the qiqi/barbara combo freezes them for a bit. Once that wears off you get to enjoy electrocharging them, and then you can go freeze stuff again when qiqi's skill's up, if you'd like. Works out just fine, until you're left with just the last guy. He's a pain to pin down with barbara, and you don't get the nice aoe benefits of electrocharge when there's just one guy.

But yeah, for that specific domain, where you get extra damage from doing electro, it is entirely worthwhile to frenzy the dogs. On the overworld there's not much point to going out of your way to swap your team unless you don't have a healer or something.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
That domain, like most things, falls easily enough to Sucrose and Fischl to just bring whoever else you want with. Well except you need a healer for this one.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i just use yae and her turrets do the job well enough :shrug:

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
So I finally acquired Baby Cabbage today. Since the build guide that I've been using (the one that's been linked here many times) hasn't been updated to include her yet, does anyone have any input on weapons for her? Especially for someone who DOESN'T pull on the weapon banner?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

So I finally acquired Baby Cabbage today. Since the build guide that I've been using (the one that's been linked here many times) hasn't been updated to include her yet, does anyone have any input on weapons for her? Especially for someone who DOESN'T pull on the weapon banner?

Sacrificial Fragments (4*) and Magic guide (3*) have EM substat. Magic Guide has bonus damage on units afflicted with electro and hydro although if you aren't using somnone like xingqiu she tends to just eat all of that immediately with her insanely strong dendro application. e: I say that but I realize i don't know the order of operations so it may be functioning just fine.

Prototype amber also works if you need some healing and don't need the EM.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 13, 2022

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ReverendHammer posted:

I would be looking at maybe Widsith and Sacrificial Fragments if you can. Sacrificial Fragments has the EM substat while Widsith is just generally good for off field characters. Pure F2P wise I would consider maybe the Prototype Amber because her burst is up all the time and the healing is nice and maybe the Hakushin Ring if you're doing a lot of electro reactions. Maayybee the sumeru craftable weapon could work too, but it's got one of those weird passives so it seems really finnicky.

Edit: I never noticed that sacrificial fragments has an EM substat, fixing. Also I have no idea where you get the Mappa Mare recipe from but it's craftable and should be pretty decent for Nahida if you've got the recipe :psyduck:

Xun fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 13, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah she cares so little about attack that the 3* EM book is actually insanely good for her and better than any non-EM-non-crit 4* weapons.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The only five star catalyst I have, sadly, is the lost prayer to sacred wind

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The clam domain was easy with Ayato+Fischl because Ayato is very good at hitting floaty enemies that like to dash around.

I keep meaning to crown Xingqiu's burst but it's only a 6% dmg increase. :geno: But it is Xingqiu

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I stuck a mappa mare on her because it had an EM substat and I had a bunch of catalyst billets just gathering dust. I think it was the Liyue craftable weapon because it uses liyue mats to upgrade. Took it to R2 or 3 because I had the billets, then stopped because although I'm not using them and never really have I still cant possibly use up all my billets.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry, I can't process the idea of "having too many R5 prototype ambers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sanctum posted:

The clam domain was easy with Ayato+Fischl because Ayato is very good at hitting floaty enemies that like to dash around.

I keep meaning to crown Xingqiu's burst but it's only a 6% dmg increase. :geno: But it is Xingqiu

Yeah I think Oz keeps zapping them during your animations for bursts too. I wouldn't be surprised if the proc on them taking reactions keep going off during burst iframes, since even just Qiqi+Fischl make that domain really easy and I'm doing it with both level 80 or lower (Fischl is 80/90 and mostly fully geared though)