Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Finally, a way to unite Tim and Gregg:

https://twitter.com/JasonColavito/status/1589270787374338050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cede your seat to Mr. Amato!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg ceded his seat within five seconds, as soon as it was clear what Time was asking. It makes me not believe Tim's story of him refusing to move all day.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My favorite gag is that Gregg gets there at 4 when Tim, who expects him on set at 5, gets there at 6.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lolllllll

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
HEI Network needs to get a prime app already.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

HEI Network needs to get a prime app already.

they need to get that ranch up and running first

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Steven Spielberg.

From?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Appreciate Gregg's insight as always. It takes a real buff to notice that they make movies about lots of things.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg is either on too much or not enough Adderall this season

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Someone posted this Joe Estevez video on the On Cinema sub-reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR80zXPE5i4

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i stumbled on that previously, not only is it a great story, it makes joe's various attempts to get tim to get sober more heartfelt and thus, funnier

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Someone needs to stop Tim! The show and the network is nothing without Gregg’s expertise.

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/gregg-turkington-placed-on-48-hour-suspention-from-any-activity-on-hei-network/

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Able to paste the text for people who aren't HEI?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Posted on November 10, 2022 by HEI Network Board of Ethics & Standards

Gregg Turkington who often shows up to work in sloppy attire and rinkled clothing has been placed on a 48 hours Suspicion and is barred from any movie related activity until further notice.

This is a direct result of failing to review the movie The Fablemans by Special Spielberg, one of our greatest directors who unformatualy did not make a great film this time. Gregg’s only job at HEI Network is to review movies and now that he has disgraced that job we have no choice but to SEVERELY punish him for his actions, until he can learn his lesson.

Gregg Turkingon must know that this suspension could be reenacted at any point if he continues to act in such a terrible way. He is a disgrace to all fans of movies.

THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORE

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

drat, it sounds like Joe was gone from the last Oscar special bc he was getting cancer treatment. Pretty nuts that he’s right back already

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

drat, it sounds like Joe was gone from the last Oscar special bc he was getting cancer treatment. Pretty nuts that he’s right back already

poo poo prayers for Joe. He’s a king

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tetramin posted:

He’s a king

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Tetramin posted:

poo poo prayers for Joe.

Don't be a dick. Nice prayers for Joe.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I know they've done it to death but every single typo'd word and every actor name Tim stumbles over is still funny to me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love when tim gets a name right on the first try and then is apprehensive about it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Prey for the Joe

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
sometimes when i'm reengaging with media i like a lot after a while i like to go through the threads on here from the beginning. would anyone get super mad if i responded to really old posts from time to time

just finished season 10 and i was legitimately in tears at the end. its such a perfect episode, tim's fury bubbling up as gregg goes through fuckin endless popcorn classics, gregg's obsession with runtime being close to 90 minutes, tim "here's the message for delgados!! i'm done.. i'm done.. you're son is in HELL DELGADO"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tbp posted:

sometimes when i'm reengaging with media i like a lot after a while i like to go through the threads on here from the beginning. would anyone get super mad if i responded to really old posts from time to time

just finished season 10 and i was legitimately in tears at the end. its such a perfect episode, tim's fury bubbling up as gregg goes through fuckin endless popcorn classics, gregg's obsession with runtime being close to 90 minutes, tim "here's the message for delgados!! i'm done.. i'm done.. you're son is in HELL DELGADO"

That's an all-timer line. He literally murdered the kid, and is still a massive baby.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Season 10 with Tim gradually losing control over the course of the season was such a good arc. Though nothing is going to top season 7 with Tom Cruise Jr. getting sicker as the episodes continue. What a brilliant season.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I love Tim telling that very convoluted story about threatening to kill himself on the 6th street bridge until the Delgados gave him his show back. He perfectly captured the delivery style of a delusional rear end in a top hat telling a boring story

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I'm always interested in reliving/relitigating old on cinema moments so i say quote and reply to whatever strikes your fancy

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I'm always interested in reliving/relitigating old on cinema moments so i say quote and reply to whatever strikes your fancy

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I miss Gregg and Mark doing Our cinema Oscar special lmao. I was watching it a while back and was loving dying as they are constantly dropping poo poo on the ground, papers are flying everywhere, their whiteboard falling down. Even Gregg nearly breaks a couple of times

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I am dead serious when I say that having a case of pineapple juice to awkwardly hold while sitting in those high seated chairs is the peak of physical comedy.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Tetramin posted:

I miss Gregg and Mark doing Our cinema Oscar special lmao. I was watching it a while back and was loving dying as they are constantly dropping poo poo on the ground, papers are flying everywhere, their whiteboard falling down. Even Gregg nearly breaks a couple of times

The long break where it’s just dead air after they get the call where Manuel is frantically trying to find Tim and the display alternates between “call 911” and “don’t jump” was great

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This show probably is the best comedy of the last twenty years or more.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

huh posted:

Mr Happy here is definitely going to indulge some time this season.

why does Tim look like he is made from chalk or limestone

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TheBuilder posted:

why does Tim look like he is made from chalk or limestone

I am actually not sure if he is ill in real life, which I certainly hope not, or if it's just part of his seasonal On Cinema deterioration.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean he's lost a lot of weight, but he's a lot less corpselike on Office Hours so that makeup/lighting/clothes/that beard are putting in a lot of work.

In reality he's #1 hansy boy

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I think he said a while ago that his look this season was going to be based on Glenn Beck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mordja posted:

I mean he's lost a lot of weight, but he's a lot less corpselike on Office Hours so that makeup/lighting/clothes/that beard are putting in a lot of work.

In reality he's #1 hansy boy

Only because Eric didn't have any help from Mike Zanetti