Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah gently caress, sat down to continue my Zaku and the little snorkel mouth fell off and I can't find it

Put a sock over your vacuum cleaner and search for it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just get on my hands and knees and do the shuffle. Drag my hand over things. If I whap it away I still didn't find it, or I stop when it touched something weird.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Also be sure to check literally the entire room because those things can get some impressive bounces.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Found it!

My biggest fear about it was less having an incomplete Zaku and more worrying if it had gotten in my cat's digestion. Fuckin' mouth never wants to stay on.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Yeah my RX78-2 is missing a panel on one of the skirt armor pieces, and... white armor, white carpet, there's no way i'm ever going to find it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

Happy birthday!

Reported for death threats.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Waffleman_ posted:

Found it!

My biggest fear about it was less having an incomplete Zaku and more worrying if it had gotten in my cat's digestion. Fuckin' mouth never wants to stay on.

I know that gunpla is generally snapfit but poo poo like this is why I always use a lil dab of superglue to hold on small gribles like snorkels or V-Fins

Burns
May 10, 2008

Count Thrashula posted:

Yeah my RX78-2 is missing a panel on one of the skirt armor pieces, and... white armor, white carpet, there's no way i'm ever going to find it

I dunno try making a tape pad and just press into carpet. I have a grey floor and any grey pieces are a terror.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Prize made it here safely Midjack! Been wanting a 7/11 gundam since I started building in April

Thanks again for providing prizes and grassy gnoll for running the show!

boz fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 11, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love it

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The 7/11 kits rule, I have the RX-78. I kinda want the unicorn.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Oh my god I didn't know that existed

I was supposed to get my Zeta Gundam in the mail today but suddenly it's "undeliverable" and I'm getting a refund :mad:

I just wanna build a robot this weekend

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boz posted:

Prize made it here safely Midjack! Been wanting a 7/11 gundam since I started building in April

Thanks again for providing prizes and grassy gnoll for running the show!

Have fun with it! :cheerdoge:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
anyone want surplus gunpla care of the canadian government?

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm...str=151&lotnf=1

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The government's cheapest shipping option to AB is 97 goddamn dollars by Purolator

They can keep their gunpla

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Phy posted:

The government's cheapest shipping option to AB is 97 goddamn dollars by Purolator

They can keep their gunpla

That's a hundred less than shipping it to Newfoundland. What the gently caress...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just finished building the aerial

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

just finished building the aerial

Same nippers!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm almost done with my first RG build, the Tallgeese III, and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or if the kit is just wonky like that. The waist panels are supposed to snap into a hole on the legs, but the pegs are nowhere near close enough to connect. Its hard to get a clear picture of it, but you can sort of see the peg won't reach the hole. Has anyone else run into this?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Space Opera posted:

I'm almost done with my first RG build, the Tallgeese III, and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake or if the kit is just wonky like that. The waist panels are supposed to snap into a hole on the legs, but the pegs are nowhere near close enough to connect. Its hard to get a clear picture of it, but you can sort of see the peg won't reach the hole. Has anyone else run into this?

they seem to reach fine on mine, though when the leg is almost perfect straight down like that is it a stretch

can you take a picture of the inside of that skirt part so i can see if the peg unit looks the same??

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Space Opera posted:

You might also look at the Dalong review of it and see if any of his pics help identify something off. He often posts about unintuitive or difficult assembly steps

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Chromatics posted:

they seem to reach fine on mine, though when the leg is almost perfect straight down like that is it a stretch

can you take a picture of the inside of that skirt part so i can see if the peg unit looks the same??

I tried to get one of them off so I could disassemble it, but really doesn't want to come off the ball joint where it attaches to the hip and I'm afraid of snapping it off.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Space Opera posted:

I tried to get one of them off so I could disassemble it, but really doesn't want to come off the ball joint where it attaches to the hip and I'm afraid of snapping it off.

You should be able to turn that thin piece with the ball end so it comes out farther, then you'll be able to maneuver it and get it to fit into the leg.

There's a peg that'll fit throught the slot on the hip armor when it's in the right orientation.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Go get em buddy

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Napoleon Nelson posted:

You should be able to turn that thin piece with the ball end so it comes out farther, then you'll be able to maneuver it and get it to fit into the leg.

There's a peg that'll fit throught the slot on the hip armor when it's in the right orientation.

THANK YOU that's what it was! I didn't pull the peg through all the way when I put it together. No wonder the piece didn't snap together flush like it does on Dalong's.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hey folks

After over a decade of absence I've gotten back into model kits and while I'm not building gundams (I do mecha kits from kotobukiya and good smile company) I assume I'll still find some help iit :v:

I've built three small to medium kits over the last year to get back into the swing of things and it worked out pretty well for me. Which means I didn't gently caress up anything that can't be fixed though I need to buy some better sanding tools and improve my skills at cleaning nubs and steering the exacto knife.

My next big step is getting back into actually painting things and while I do have a lot of questions I'm mostly educating myself via youtube and such. However one thing that has been bothering me is that a lot of mecha kits have a fair number of moving parts. I just can't shake the feeling that a layer of primer and a few coats of paint can't be great for all those joints? Especially since I won't be getting into airbrushing and will go with spray primers and brush painting with acrylics. I've watched someone paint one of the small good smile kits I own and while they were pretty easy going about the whole thing kotobukiya kits are a bit different when it comes to complexity and the number of articulation points. I'd gladly read words about joints and how to not gunk them up if anyone has some thoughts on that :cheers:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Paint before assembly or in small assemblies and mask the joints off.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was sitting on RG Tallgeese in my cart and then someone bought the last one the other week and it jumped up $15 and now has to be imported from japan :sweatdrop:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And what did we learn? Always go for the impulse buy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

And what did we learn? Always go for the impulse buy.

It's pretty flimsy tho, better off with the Strike

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/deltythe73rd/status/1591713477214683136?s=46&t=0I1F3F3-Ah5gl_cw4ds6Lg

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

lmao

https://twitter.com/deltythe73rd/status/1591741442820825088

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Happy with my Red Comet shelf for now, The Rick Dom 1.5 and Zaku I are of course custom paintjobs using Gundam Color rattlecans

I'm going to build some Federation suits before dipping back into for Sazabi and Hayaku Shiki. Any clue as to when the Rick Dias might get a reissue?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

War and Pieces posted:

Happy with my Red Comet shelf for now, The Rick Dom 1.5 and Zaku I are of course custom paintjobs using Gundam Color rattlecans

I'm going to build some Federation suits before dipping back into for Sazabi and Hayaku Shiki. Any clue as to when the Rick Dias might get a reissue?

Love the SD Zaku flying the Red Baron's Triplane.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Kibner posted:

Paint before assembly or in small assemblies and mask the joints off.
Masking is a good tip I didn't think about thank you for that.

Coupling painting and assembly in steps is probably something I'll end up with in the long run. I still need to buy various things to pick up painting again but it'll happen in the next few weeks. Luckily the few kits I have built so far are easy to take apart again for painting.

Like this one

From the obsolete moderoid line from good smile. All the parts sit firmly when built but it's very easy to take them apart again imo. Everything is snap-fit and requires next to no force.

Bonus shot of it being folded for go-fast mode

Love these little guys :allears:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d like to see one of these painted like a marbled steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

Very nice! Despite not being into gundam all that much I've always liked the zaku and pretty much all the other "bad guy" suits.