Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol there's no way that feature makes it to twitter without some crippling bugs or security flaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

elon baby look i didn't pay $8 for a closed kimono show me them goods

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I know the answer is a non-zero number, but how many organizations would have more than one Twitter account?

I imagine mostly governments lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

sugar free jazz posted:

elon baby look i didn't pay $8 for a closed kimono show me them goods

Wanna see that two foot gnarly hog

🎶 Who's gonna pay the pied piper slowly playing as the kimono slides apart

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

I imagine mostly governments lol

Any multinational will also have dozens of subsidiaries around, like Nintendo, Nintendoofus, etc

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

naw elon sweetie just put on the silk kimono it accentuates the lumps i like that, let me watch cmon

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I know the answer is a non-zero number, but how many organizations would have more than one Twitter account?

For customer service in different languages, I know Blizzard has at least 8 different CS twitter accounts.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

i can't figure out what this is supposed to do.

is this for companies that have multiple PR accounts for different purposes or product lines? or is it so you can enroll employees' twitter accounts and they'll show up with some flair that they're part of your company?

because i can't really see how the former is useful (well, at least before "verified" lost all meaning), and the second seems like a nightmare that no large enterprise would actually want. i work at a large company and they actively discourage us from using social media at all in an annual training course, and especially for work related stuff unless we get it cleared ahead of time.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bad Purchase posted:

is this for companies that have multiple PR accounts for different purposes or product lines? or is it so you can enroll employees' twitter accounts and they'll show up with some flair that they're part of your company?

because i can't really see how the former is useful (well, at least wasn't before "verified" lost all meaning), and the second seems like a nightmare that no large enterprise would actually want. i work at a large company and they actively discourage us from using social media at all in an annual training course, and especially for work related stuff unless we get it cleared ahead of time.

Probably "Well we hosed up, can we make sure we can see on the back and front end who is actually who"

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Any organisation with multi-national operations, for a start.

Picking one at random, Five Guys has

@FiveGuys
@FiveGuysUK
@FiveGuysIre
@FiveGuysDe
@FiveGuysNI
@JoinFiveGuys

amongst others.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
ok, so it's just trying to bail out the flood the old verified badge was preventing, one bucket at a time

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

"For example, if an account is posting pictures of your company mascot giving people the finger, that account is not associated with your organization."

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I also think the idea is more like the ability to link things like employees and support accounts to the primary official one. So not just specific instances of the main brand account, but also the C-suite accounts and the customer service and stuff. A lot of companies start new accounts for new products or events coming up too.

Bad Purchase posted:

ok, so it's just trying to bail out the flood the old verified badge was preventing, one bucket at a time

lol yeah, exactly. As far as I can tell this was never needed in the past because if you claimed to be with a company and were verified, people could believe you. But now they have to set up a new system because they nuked verification.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I kind of read that tweet as "hey, if you're GiantCorp and want a list of the personal accounts of all your employees that we can dig up, we're working on that!"

Like, picking Coke as a random GiantCorp, I see maybe 20-30 Coke Official looking accounts. I am sure Coke's IT knows what all these accounts are, etc, has passwords and 2FA and redundancy because they are better at infosec than Musk (lol).

They don't have a list of all 40,000 Coke employees personal accounts, some of those people might say nasty stuff about coke!

I could be completely misinterpreting the product being offered here but this is what it sounds like to me.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Bad Purchase posted:

because i can't really see how the former is useful (well, at least before "verified" lost all meaning), and the second seems like a nightmare that no large enterprise would actually want. i work at a large company and they actively discourage us from using social media at all in an annual training course, and especially for work related stuff unless we get it cleared ahead of time.

It's a way for companies to network-verify, since twitter won't do it for them.

So if @Coke_Zero tweets something, but isn't a part of "Coca-Cola Company" then something might be off

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

oxford_town posted:

Any organisation with multi-national operations, for a start.

Picking one at random, Five Guys has

@FiveGuys
@FiveGuysUK
@FiveGuysIre
@FiveGuysDe
@FiveGuysNI
@JoinFiveGuys

amongst others.
Videogame companies often have multiple dedicated twitter pages in several languages for the various audiences of their games.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I kind of read that tweet as "hey, if you're GiantCorp and want a list of the personal accounts of all your employees that we can dig up, we're working on that!"

Like, picking Coke as a random GiantCorp, I see maybe 20-30 Coke Official looking accounts. I am sure Coke's IT knows what all these accounts are, etc, has passwords and 2FA and redundancy because they are better at infosec than Musk (lol).

They don't have a list of all 40,000 Coke employees personal accounts, some of those people might say nasty stuff about coke!

I could be completely misinterpreting the product being offered here but this is what it sounds like to me.

This sort of feature would require actual human resources to make. Something they seem to be short of right now.

There are solutions in this vein out there, but nothing quite this draconian, though I'm sure Elon would love to be able to do this to his employees.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My brain, still post-Trump, suffering from Figurehead Effect: Elon Musk is doing these things
Reality: The dude is dumb and parrotting emails from people who he forced into 80+ hour workweeks and not crediting them

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

Xakura posted:

It's a way for companies to network-verify, since twitter won't do it for them.

So if @Coke_Zero tweets something, but isn't a part of "Coca-Cola Company" then something might be off
Wait, won't that mean that hacking into a corporate account means you can 'verify' tons of others really easily?!

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

confused posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591851391773200384

This seems like the first sensible thing Musk has done. Creating an enterprise product that they can charge, say, ~$20k-$50k-ish/year per enterprise would generate a ton of money for Twitter.

Bad Purchase posted:

:lmao: "We're gonna help you spy on your employees' twitter accounts, even if they divorce their work existence and private life into distinct and wholly separate entities." :lmao:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

you know maybe I'm going to add dick Dawkins to the top 30 time travel murders that would improve histroy , or the very least the nameless internet user that started using memes instead of fads.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Whenever someone tweets about a problem with a crypto exchange, in the replies there's an avalanche of scammers pretending to be customer service people from that exchange. This feature would theoretically help stop this kind of scam.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591825833173336064

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Lonnie wants to identify named people as twitter employees and shitcan them with some bullshit "non-defamation" clause, and then sell this tool once he's done screwing over twitter employees

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mistle posted:

:lmao: "We're gonna help you spy on your employees' twitter accounts, even if they divorce their work existence and private life into distinct and wholly separate entities." :lmao:

i don't think that's what this is a about. also, no company would actually want this, especially if it's visible to the public. the last thing a large company wants is all 50,000 of their employees suddenly becoming public spokespeople.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We hosed Twitter up and now your company has a PR nightmare on their hands but we can partially solve it for you for! Plans start as low as $499/mo contact us for enterprise pricing.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Twitter: Fine before, now suddenly MUSK DEMANDS FEATURES

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

love 2 add features to forums software

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Under our new Twitter Bronze plan you can report one infringing tweet to our support team per week, with an estimated response time of 7-10 business days. This is a great plan for companies just starting out in the social media space, or those looking for great value. Our Twitter silver plan lets you report up to 5 infringing tweets per week, and Twitter Gold lets you report up to 20 infringing tweets per week, with an expedited review process of 1 business day.

Still not enough? We created Twitter Pro for our Top Tier users! Unlimited infringement reporting with a guaranteed one business day turnaround. Full control over your social media presence - rest easy knowing the full Twitter team is here for you.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Actually have time to play video games this weekend but the loving content is just too good rn

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/bgleib/status/1591875679377031169

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Would it be fair to assume Twitter would have trouble attracting talent at the moment? Between a toxic CEO, random layoffs, uncertain future, and no WFH are they probably just going to be plugging the critical roles with expensive contractors?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1591813699840495616?s=46&t=HplKhcE8ElikgRZEUUKK4w

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone who complains about “woke poo poo” or wants to fight “wokeism” is just telling on themselves in the most pathetic way.

Hearing that is the quickest way to make me realize this person’s opinions are terrible and is probably a huge rear end in a top hat.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Would it be fair to assume Twitter would have trouble attracting talent at the moment? Between a toxic CEO, random layoffs, uncertain future, and no WFH are they probably just going to be plugging the critical roles with expensive contractors?
At this point the organization is so gutted and so indiscriminately that not only can you not fill seats, you probably have no idea which seats need to be filled. Twitter as an organization relies on its employees to bring value, either through their work in building and maintaining a code base that is maintained via specialty expertise and specific knowledge of its implementation, or the relationships that were built to its real customers, the advertisers. Even if you could find raw technical ability that could replicate what was casually thrown away in a pique of idiocy, you can't replace the institutional knowledge and accrued goodwill that has completely evaporated.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

priznat posted:

Anyone who complains about “woke poo poo” or wants to fight “wokeism” is just telling on themselves in the most pathetic way.

Hearing that is the quickest way to make me realize this person’s opinions are terrible and is probably a huge rear end in a top hat.

I wish I knew what comedy render people's cartesian theater associates and spits out when they say the word "woke"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

kw0134 posted:

At this point the organization is so gutted and so indiscriminately that not only can you not fill seats, you probably have no idea which seats need to be filled. Twitter as an organization relies on its employees to bring value, either through their work in building and maintaining a code base that is maintained via specialty expertise and specific knowledge of its implementation, or the relationships that were built to its real customers, the advertisers. Even if you could find raw technical ability that could replicate what was casually thrown away in a pique of idiocy, you can't replace the institutional knowledge and accrued goodwill that has completely evaporated.

Ah makes sense. My MegaCorp only had to deal with losing tons of folk when WFH became standard and they slowly adapted, but had the benefit of being a stable place to work with a sensible CEO. Dunno how you recruit anyone even with a big salary if they don’t think the company will be around in a year and know the CEO would backstab them in a second on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Why do so many accounts on Twitter with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers get only a couple hundred likes on their posts? Do they buy followers? Bots?

Even Musk with 115 million followers in his current headline making post spree is only getting a few hundred thousand likes. I'd expect more.