Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blood Boils posted:

Genuinely fair question!

According to whom, the court wizard? How convenient!

according to the goddamn fisher king you peasant piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

mawarannahr posted:

these lion king spin-offs are Verrit out of hand

sublime autocorrect

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

josh04 posted:

sublime autocorrect

i didn’t notice lol. I’m glad it’s in the dictionary

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i haven't seen a peter daou post in a long time

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

i haven't seen a peter daou post in a long time

last I recall he uploads himself playing piano, some original pieces

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He should start a band with Hinkley.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

babypolis posted:

is that in the amazon page or the prime video page

your overall Amazon account page

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Instead of black panther just watch the woman king its good

I am going to watch neither, preferring instead to watch Train to Busan again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Episode six of Andor had me clenching my butthole something fierce.

Also I love that "can you check for me in the back?" exists in Star Wars. I'm sure it's been discussed at length but Andor showing all of the mundane details of living in that galaxy is what makes it all the more relatable as the viewer.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

C-Euro posted:

Episode six of Andor had me clenching my butthole something fierce.

Also I love that "can you check for me in the back?" exists in Star Wars. I'm sure it's been discussed at length but Andor showing all of the mundane details of living in that galaxy is what makes it all the more relatable as the viewer.

I was joking about space family court and someone pointed out that's basically where Mon Mothma's plot line is headed and now I genuinely want to see it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh perrin would have fantastic divorced dad energy, i'm totally down

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

finally watching Yellowstone because there was a marathon. it's got the same vibe as a CW show where they can swear, so it's my sort of trash.

Also, Yellowstone fans begging to get branded is that same feeling of guys who want to be Heisenberg
https://twitter.com/andrewschulz/status/1481505688769921025?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w
https://twitter.com/Justalexbennett/status/1577066792962650112?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/1480801943115100162?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it is very funny that the olds have their MCU

my dad is so pumped for the premiere lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

finally watching Yellowstone because there was a marathon. it's got the same vibe as a CW show where they can swear, so it's my sort of trash.

Also, Yellowstone fans begging to get branded is that same feeling of guys who want to be Heisenberg
https://twitter.com/andrewschulz/status/1481505688769921025?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w
https://twitter.com/Justalexbennett/status/1577066792962650112?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/1480801943115100162?s=20&t=MHz1DN85SdkL1-2o3b_D8w

what does it mean getting branded in this context

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
isn’t Yellowstone the biggest show on tv that just isn’t in the pop zeitgeist that shows like thrones or whatever disney stuff occupies

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

indigi posted:

what does it mean getting branded in this context

Getting a cattle brand on the chest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vHE6-idNQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so you have to be a criminal and then get jumped in to the gang. of good guys. lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

indigi posted:

so you have to be a criminal and then get jumped in to the gang. of good guys. lol

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In this most recent season of Yellowstone apparently Kevin Costner's character runs for office. This element of the plot will make it possible for him to just directly turn to the camera and say horrible poo poo. This will be like the purest fentanyl for conserva-olds

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

christmas boots posted:

according to the goddamn fisher king you peasant piece of poo poo

what does Robin Williams have to do with this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Like once an episode there's a scene about how Yellowstone Ranch is hosed up or how Kevin Costner's character, John Dutton, is a hypocritical rear end in a top hat. This isn't even subtext, it's in dialogue most of the time. The show follows the normal prestige gimmick of the antagonists being just a little bit meaner and crueler than the main cast, so viewers can be happy when the protagonists win.

Although I am getting vibes that the show will end with the ranch being turned over to the indigenous nations which will be extremely funny for the discourse.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

In this most recent season of Yellowstone apparently Kevin Costner's character runs for office. This element of the plot will make it possible for him to just directly turn to the camera and say horrible poo poo. This will be like the purest fentanyl for conserva-olds

Kevin Costner wins the election because he shoots a gang robbing a diner. The campaign slogan is "I'm the opposite of progress."

edit: also I think he runs solely to screw over his adopted son who was planning on running for governor too.

Atrocious Joe has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Nov 14, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

Can someone post the clip of one of the yellowstone guys owning a vegan hippie lady.

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Nov 14, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

yellowstone is just sons of anarchy for people who finished high school

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

guess the show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bro Dad posted:

guess the show

Walking dead

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

that's ivan the space biker and you can't convince me otherwise

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bro Dad posted:

guess the show

red armor black man: 2099

I know it's not red peach isn't a good title word though

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bro Dad posted:

guess the show

why would you mount backwards-facing tactical hooks on bracers that are just strapped onto your forearms

those bracers aren't attached to gauntlets or anything, they can rotate 180 degrees around the forearm and then you'd stab yourself with the hooks when you brought your arms into your body

so dumb that I'm going to vote the same way as Mr Hootington

Mr Hootington posted:

Walking dead

...or one of its spinoffs

edit: also mounting your combat ax with the blade right next to your walkie-talkie is just asking for you to slice off your own thumb when you reach for it

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Nov 14, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKJ1-OTrYE

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you don't kill worms when you plant a field, you leave them in and even bring in more to help aerate the soil if necessary

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

I don't know or care about Star Wars Discourse but I gave Andor a spin because of this thread and, friends, it is good. Well-written, good casting, good performances, shot like somebody gave a poo poo. Click the "skip intro" button at the start of every episode and there's nothing particularly star wars about it at all. Steal an ex's disney and go with god.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

I don't know or care about Star Wars Discourse but I gave Andor a spin because of this thread and, friends, it is good. Well-written, good casting, good performances, shot like somebody gave a poo poo. Click the "skip intro" button at the start of every episode and there's nothing particularly star wars about it at all. Steal an ex's disney and go with god.

emptyquote

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

yellowstone is just sons of anarchy for people who finished high school

kurt sutter walked so taylor sheridan could run

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the paramount+ app sucks but the twin peaks transfer is gorgeous.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Atrocious Joe posted:

Although I am getting vibes that the show will end with the ranch being turned over to the indigenous nations which will be extremely funny for the discourse.
They're gonna have twist ending where Yellowstone blows and everyone is buried under three feet of ash.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what the hell 'prestige' movies have come out this year? who's gonna make the best picture shortlist? i think my favorite movie all year was weird al so lol

gonna watch top gun 2nite

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

what the hell 'prestige' movies have come out this year? who's gonna make the best picture shortlist? i think my favorite movie all year was weird al so lol

gonna watch top gun 2nite

what counts as a prestige movie? i presume you mean "not summer blockbuster bay action flick / judd apatow comedy" right?

like does EEAAO count? Northman?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
it's been a pretty lovely year for movies overall but we got (not that all of these are great but well, they're watchable)

Northman
Everything Everywhere
Ambulance
Deadstream
Triangle of Sadness
X
RRR
Top Gun 2
Men
Nope
Funny Pages
Prey
Thor Love and Thunder (ok this one isnt watchable it just sucks, not gunna dignify listing dr strange 2 because its even worse)
Elvis*
Weird Al*

i didnt hate bodies bodies bodies but it wasn't particulary good or worth watching

and probably some other pixar/disney junk that sounds boring as hell

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think both have a good chance at getting nominated, i just have a hard time seeing a clear favorite. imo eeaao was terribly overrated but i guess it's the frontrunner? this was the 'back to theaters' year so i could see a couple big-budget movies making the list too

elvis (great first half), weird al and RRR all deserve it i think but all three are extremely unlikely?

edit yeah i gotta check out triangle of sadness, that could get some hype

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Nov 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i'd probably say Northman was MOTY in terms of 'prestige' kinda artsy movie, then if EEAAO counts that'd be second. ambulance whips but i dont think it'd be 'prestige'. really just depends on how you're defining it