Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
jesus christ he is in complete meltdown mode today

kazil posted:

Nothing screams sane, forward thinking CEO like the guy in a tweet war with former employees

what about a tweet war with current employees? the android guy is "open to new opportunities. Still @twitter" in his bio.

looks like a good number of people still at twitter do not give a single poo poo if they get fired tomorrow. what a great environment to work in. truly excellect for productivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao yeah go after the Android devs. That will win their hearts and minds. WTF is this clown doing? Someone please give him a time-out for the wellbeing of his remaining employees.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Ah yes, this is sure to make people want to stay and competent prospective employees want to apply.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zugzwang posted:

Honestly what kind of error could even cause a car to go from “carefully parking” to “speeding away and killing pedestrians?” Is this the “hardcore C/C++” that Elon was talking about re: Tesla’s source code?

edit: 🤣🤣🤣

Software written by the sort of person you'd trust to review Twitter source code for a few hours and then recommend 6000 people to fire

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Why would he give a poo poo about food costs for employees? That has to be a drop in the bucket compared to everything else he's royally loving up.

Also, I think I'm going to trust the person who actually ran the entire program as opposed to some prick looking at reports on a desk that were printed out.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
He could buy Soylent and keep the human nutrients flowing for employee performance and as a "perk".

Also the doors are chained closed during mandatory work hours. The fire marshal isn't happy about this, but what are rules to a God?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean twitter blue even at it’s best projections was a drop in the bucket and he still torched his revenue streams for it.

He’s dumb is the point

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Edwardly posted:

Yeah, he did that in his tests with the CEO that got made public.

His life coach probably suggested it.

it's getting mad on the internet 101 is what it is

literally management via flamewar arguement

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Why would he give a poo poo about food costs for employees? That has to be a drop in the bucket compared to everything else he's royally loving up.

Also, I think I'm going to trust the person who actually ran the entire program as opposed to some prick looking at reports on a desk that were printed out.

Spends ~45b on Twitter and lays off half their full-time employees and all of their contracts. Bitches about the cost of employee lunches.
He's just out to punish/hurt Twitter employees. I think that in the end, that's all this is. He wants to ruin these people's lives because they ran a platform that made fun of him.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao yeah go after the Android devs. That will win their hearts and minds. WTF is this clown doing? Someone please give him a time-out for the wellbeing of his remaining employees.

The poor guy is getting piled on by Elon stans. It's so loving frustrating.

"ELON WORKS 10000 HOURS A WEEK AND SENDS ROCKETS INTO SPACE AND IS WORTH 200 BIL. WHAT HAVE U DONE PEASANT???"

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
There’s probably an element of spite in there but his position on things like subsided lunches is pretty typical of hyper capitalist conservatives.

He sees everything in super simplistic zero sum games so it’s why he’s terrified of people stealing time from him while working at home and cost/benefitting feeding employees and keeping them happy.

If Labour wins rights, he is losing. Labour only exists to be ground into dust after all.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

fuctifino posted:

My AI shat out an interesting pic of Elmo earlier

Elon Musk as the opera singer bugs bunny tormented?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dude's trapped in this and the only thing he can do is bully employees around and post not-mad meltdowns and conspiracy theories as he's deep in debt and lawsuits He really is trump

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 14, 2022

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
He may as well be ordering his employees to search for loose change between the cushions of the break room couches every day. He seems to have no clue just how many orders of magnitude separate the money he's saving and what he needs to pull in to break even.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Castor Poe posted:

"ELON WORKS 10000 HOURS A WEEK AND SENDS ROCKETS INTO SPACE AND IS WORTH 200 BIL. WHAT HAVE U DONE PEASANT???"

Well you have to work super hard when you are the CEO of multiple companies.

Clearly they do so much work.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Remember when Elon was illegally forcing his Tesla people back into the factory in May 2020, before we had a vaccine, decent treatments, or even widespread acceptance that masks work?

He does not give a single gently caress about his employees.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
$13,000,000/$400*250 days (generously assuming nobody is in on weekends or public holidays) = 130. He's claiming the SF office had only 130 people in it a day and they only ate lunch. If that 130 people is 10% of the staff he's saying that the SF offices only employed 1,300 people.

I mean, there's probably only 130 people there now.

Fake Edit: And even assuming that 13m is correct it probably includes stuff like the office Christmas party, fancy board meetings etc.

Real edit: And even if it were all true, since he's pushing everyone back to the office surely that brings it back into something economical?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 14, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

Dude's trapped in this and the only thing he can do is bully employees around and post not-mad meltdowns and conspiracy theories as he's deep in debt and lawsuits He really is trump
it's even worse, he's trapped in this of his own volition

he could've just hosed off after buying & twitter would've been better off for it. but he keeps posting!!

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I’m mildly curious about the building entryway setup because he’s saying they had 10% average on site attendance based on badge info vs the 50+% the lady quoted. Unless there’s a security guard forcing everyone to scan badges individually, each scan at the front door can easily represent 5+ people funneling through who will never badge scan that day unless they go into a secured area or re-enter the building at an odd time. Particularly since SF can be a nightmare to drive and people may be arriving in batches if they use public transit.

Either way, $400 per meal sounds insane and like he’s making poo poo up so he can pretend to be fixing more problems than he’s causing.

yook fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 14, 2022

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Splicer posted:

$13,000,000/$400*250 days (generously assuming nobody is in on weekends or public holidays) = 130. He's claiming the SF office had only 130 people in it a day and they only ate lunch. If that 130 people is 10% of the staff he's saying that the SF offices only employed 1,300 people.

I mean, there's probably only 130 people there now.

Fake Edit: And even assuming that 13m is correct it probably includes stuff like the office Christmas party, fancy board meetings etc.

a bunch of executive lunches too, I'm sure.

somehow I bet those will survive...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/elon-musk-mother-hate-mean-twitter-b2223898.html

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

solve world hunger for the paltry 6 bil like you said you could and we'll be nicer

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol trying to fact correct the person who ran it always works

Especially when you're just coming and and weren't there for it so really have no idea how it worked

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

isnt musk an apple fanboy?

0) apple is more expensive therefore better.
n) musk said his iphone can play chess better than a grandmaster, also this lovely mobile 4x civlike game that comes pre packaged with tesla is a way better game than chess.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

yook posted:

I’m mildly curious about the building entryway setup because he’s saying they had 10% average on site attendance based on badge info vs the 50+% the lady quoted. Unless there’s a security guard forcing everyone to scan badges individually, each scan at the front door can easily represent 5+ people funneling through who will never badge scan that day unless they go into a secured area or re-enter the building at an odd time. Particularly since SF can be a nightmare to drive and people may be arriving in batches if they use public transit.

Either way, $400 per meal sounds insane and like he’s making poo poo up.

Companies that take security seriously do have guards, turnstiles, double doors, employee training, etc. to prevent tailgating. Given its high profile, it's quite likely Twitter has some of those things. However, it's also very likely that the entire team in charge of those systems is no longer working for Twitter.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

fuctifino posted:

My AI shat out an interesting pic of Elmo earlier

Elon Musk and Ben Lesnick entering the machine from The Fly would be interesting.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Buglord

PhazonLink posted:

n) musk said his iphone can play chess better than a grandmaster, also this lovely mobile 4x civlike game that comes pre packaged with tesla is a way better game than chess.

I never really had respect for musk to begin with but him calling chess too simple and that’s why he’s not interested was very cringeworthy.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

also likely musk is just...making the numbers up

buglord posted:

I never really had respect for musk to begin with but him calling chess too simple and that’s why he’s not interested was very cringeworthy.

i read an interview with that SBF guy and he said he was too smart for books and had never read one.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

I don’t know much about Teslas other than riding in one once, but….they have prepackaged games? Like…playable on the screen in the middle of the dashboard? Cause that seems like a real good way to kill people.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

a fun thing about the tesla games is they let you use the wheel as a controller while stationary, but it's still linked to the physical wheels, so you grind up your tyres by turning them on the spot as you play

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Genpei Turtle posted:

I don’t know much about Teslas other than riding in one once, but….they have prepackaged games? Like…playable on the screen in the middle of the dashboard? Cause that seems like a real good way to kill people.

It’s true they’ve got cuphead and the mobile fallout game

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Genpei Turtle posted:

that seems like a real good way to kill people.
🤣🤣🤣

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

jeffreyw posted:

There’s probably an element of spite in there but his position on things like subsided lunches is pretty typical of hyper capitalist conservatives.

He sees everything in super simplistic zero sum games so it’s why he’s terrified of people stealing time from him while working at home and cost/benefitting feeding employees and keeping them happy.

If Labour wins rights, he is losing. Labour only exists to be ground into dust after all.
It's probably not even that principled, he's a guy who probably spends a few hundred on lunch because what's a few hundred bucks to a billionaire, and figures because the company buys lunch it must be that much. A few hundred times the clearly thousands of people who eat every day must be a huge expense! It's literally the "what's a banana, like $10???" in life.

He's extremely blinkered and refuses to be educated on anything he's set his mind to already. If he's a narcissist then he almost necessarily is a solipsist who replaces the perspective of anyone else with exclusively his own.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

repiv posted:

a fun thing about the tesla games is they let you use the wheel as a controller while stationary, but it's still linked to the physical wheels, so you grind up your tyres by turning them on the spot as you play
Of course

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I assumed that open kimono was another type of Linux I’d never heard of.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

How do you even get to $400 per lunch served? Caviar and dinosaur steaks?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591849723304071168

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

repiv posted:

there's no way that things could possibly be this stupid, so this is 100% true

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

repiv posted:

lmao this cant be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

kazil posted:

How do you even get to $400 per lunch served? Caviar and dinosaur steaks?

Markups where like a $2 bottle of soda is now a $30 thing because you pour it into a glass with ice. That and general horizontal spread. "Oh you must try this baguette with avocado" and eat one bite just so they can say they tried it.

Y'know, poo poo for the Guillotine.