Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Subjunctive posted:

The Twitter office in SF has turnstiles to enter, so the badge records are probably accurate. You could get to $400/meal by cooking buffet-style and having a lot of it go to waste, not that I trust any of Musk’s analysis.
Maybe if you never adjusted how much food you were making to account for how few people showed up once covid started. My worksite had an outside company providing lunch at our cafe, but you had to order lunches a week ahead of time so they could have them pre-packed for pickup since indoor dining still wasn't allowed.

I'm sure those were expensive as hell lunches still, though that would be if you're accounting for food prep staff wages and the cafe space. That's not really an example of inefficient corporate bloat so much as not wanting to be a monster that lays off someone in a service job in the middle of a pandemic and the fact you can't readily convert that floorspace over to something else more usable in the meanwhile. Also everyone was still expecting the pandemic to end after, like, a month which didn't happen.

To the extent Musk is looking at real numbers, it's probably the equivalent of 'That's X square feet in San Francisco! We could have just slapped a bed in there, called it an apartment, and rented it out!'

yook fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Guys remember, its employee pay and benefits that ruin a company not a guy trying to run it via tweet.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1591970956922454016?t=xj-upxZbj-O2ekEGdvh6Hg&s=19

Big using a credit card to pay off another credit card energy

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

I've been saying Teslas are dangerous and also pieces of poo poo and its nice to have two videos summarizing those two points quite well.

I have a 20 year old General Motors product (03 Blazer) with 120,000 miles on it and while it has a lot of the same problems shown on the Tesla it also is twenty loving years old and didn't have those problems from the assembly line. Even the hatch struts are in better shape than those on a new model plaid. Don't even get me started about the brakes on those poo poo mobiles.

Basically, a terminally online product of racist generational wealth failed to build a car correctly and is failing to run a social media company in real time and you love to see it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait what would advertising for starlink even do?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

amazing there are only 3 hands and not 3 nipples

He really does seem like the kind of slug who'd have extra vestigial body parts

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

funnel government subsidies into twitter

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/jammonravager/status/1591869702598701058

lol

literally saw 2 teslas on the road today (rare occurrence in SEA) and my friend asked "is this the one that just blows up"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

"It's the brainchild of cryptocurrency firm Elon GOAT Token ($EGT), who later this month plan to present it to the billionaire at his Tesla workplace in Austin, Texas.

$EGT said: 'Most people thought we would never do it, but after one year of building the time has come to bring it home to Elon.

'Really we just want to meet the guy and give it to him. After all, he is the most innovative human alive, hence the GOAT - Greatest Of All Time.'"

So was this rocket supposed to look like this from the beginning or did these people got swindled

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
imagine working on that for a year

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Losing 44 billion to own the libs

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Philthy posted:

imagine working on that for a year

It's not even finished! Just like the cars, I guess

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

This is smart, with the reach they get from being the main advertiser on Twitter, they can sell a ton of $67M rockets to cryptobro shitposters.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Use code “BIRDSITE” for $50 off your first Falcon 9 purchase

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/jammonravager/status/1591869702598701058

lol

literally saw 2 teslas on the road today (rare occurrence in SEA) and my friend asked "is this the one that just blows up"
Everything about Teslas I see on the road look engineered to say "luxury" at a distance, and every time I've gotten close to one I get the same vibes I get looking at the budget iPhone line.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Everything about Teslas I see on the road look engineered to say "luxury" at a distance, and every time I've gotten close to one I get the same vibes I get looking at the budget iPhone line.

I think they look like partly melted Porsches, myself.

They also seem to have a statistically significant higher proportion of bad and/or rear end in a top hat drivers, but that might guilt by association on my part.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

crime weed posted:

funnel government subsidies into twitter

Starlink is already two+ years behind on US deliveries for existing preorder holders. Spending money to advertise a product when you don't have it ready to go is next-level stupid.

Watch Tesla be forced to throw a billion ad campaign about Cybertruck next. Orders yours today to get in line for 2027 delivery!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Not gonna lie, I live in an area where I would consider STarlink if it were available.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how does a bunch of sheet metal cost 600K$?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Supplies = 5000
Labor = 15000
Lunches = 580000

Please help me. My company is dying

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's one lunch Twitter, how much can it cost? $400?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

mind the walrus posted:

Earlier this evening I was walking through a parking garage and there was a group of 5-6 people gathered around a Tesla. One guy was showing off how he could press a button and the car would play a Christmas-y song, and the lights would flash in time to the music. The other people were laughing at how cool it was. Which, whatever, I guess it's unusual and interesting?

But it was seriously the tackiest loving thing. What does that add to the car? Everything is designed to trick nerds into thinking they'll spend their time having a bunch of "and then everyone stood up and clapped" moments because of their cool car.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I will never stop thinking the video games that you play in your car is not the most stupid thing

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

mind the walrus posted:

An important difference is that budget iPhones work right.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Happy Landfill posted:

ai was a mistake

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I didn't watch this video so I'm not sure what the spin is but someone posted the very long one (like an hour) from the it's always sunny podcast earlier in here I think. Glenn Howerton was unable to access his car for like a week or more because it was in a parking garage with no cell phone signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2aysBLcjtk

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 14, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

The Kill Bill sirens are going off in my head

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Happy Landfill posted:

I will never stop thinking the video games that you play in your car is not the most stupid thing

Plenty of cars used to have videogames built in!

In the back seat.

For children.

Playing videogames with your car, only accessible via the screen facing the driver, is the dumbest loving idea this side of buying Twitter for $44,000,000,000.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

sethsez posted:

Plenty of cars used to have videogames built in!

In the back seat.

For children.

Playing videogames with your car, only accessible via the screen facing the driver, is the dumbest loving idea this side of buying Twitter for $44,000,000,000.

Tbf the games only work when parked (I think?) and are primarily there for the 45 minute long charging sessions necessary if doing any distance driving

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Zugzwang posted:

He does not give a single gently caress about his employees.

Rich. White. South African.

You can do the math.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can sign up for it - I had one of those ads on the mobile app but I immediately marked it as "I don't like this ad"

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Those tweets with Elon arguing with his own employees make me so mad because I know that’s exactly how he treats everyone at his companies. He knows better than anyone.

And there are so many managers who think that’s how you run a business - ignoring every expert

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mowing down imps and cacodemons in Doom while my Tesla's mowing down kids

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I am the target audience for space link, but I have not been subjected to enough advertising to sway me. Perhaps this is the winning move Mr Musk needs to capitalize on my token credits

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Glimm posted:

Tbf the games only work when parked (I think?) and are primarily there for the 45 minute long charging sessions necessary if doing any distance driving

Yeah, I can get that since there's a shitload of invested waiting time if you're charging anywhere the car's not gonna be sitting around parked on its own. But tying the controls to a functioning steering wheel is exactly the type of lol I know I can depend on Elon for

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm glad that the world's richest clown just made comedy legal on twitter 'cause he's the biggest joke running on the platform. I don't like or hate Elon but god drat did I not expect him to flounder so badly. I'm almost embarrassed for him, the very epitome of divorced dad energy in the form of a billionaire.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There's already a few obvious problems with the Cybertruck, but I can't imagine how many more will come out from it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i dunno how legal it is in the US but it's super easy to mod an android panel on to the dashboard or console area of your car and have it play video and games with a touchscreen. I have sat in separate occasions e-hailing cars where the owners have done that with impressive widescreens, one playing RRR (dudes rock) and the other stock tips on youtube. I've seen on Douyin (chinese version of tiktok) where people mod a vertical car screen to constantly play Douyin videos non-stop, which has to be some kind of personal hell for someone out there.

playing christmas songs? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Due to the recent update, do NOT use the "window go down" touch screen control at this time, or it may trigger the "maximum speed and the car decides where to go" bug at this time.

We are working out pushing out a hotfix, but that last one made the brakes not work sometimes based on RNG.

Please be patient.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 14, 2022