Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nothing learned just copy/pasting rbg args (she/they are a national “treasure” and can’t be replaced)

https://twitter.com/angryblacklady/status/1591901311599271936

e: lol

https://twitter.com/angryblacklady/status/1013428207696031750

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Nov 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i fell asleep with this playing once and was very disoriented when i woke up and it was still playing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

nothing learned just copy/pasting rbg args (she/they are a national “treasure” and can’t be replaced)

https://twitter.com/angryblacklady/status/1591901311599271936

e: lol

https://twitter.com/angryblacklady/status/1013428207696031750

i'm so tired

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Nichael posted:

[Nina Turner-ishly] WITH THESE (goated) JUGS

HiroProtagonist posted:

hope she sees this bro

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

[Nina Turner-ishly] WITH THESE (goated) JUGS

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

please gently caress off nancy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

when was neoliberalism cool?

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Isn't neoliberal a pejorative? Are they taking it back?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Blockade posted:

Isn't neoliberal a pejorative? Are they taking it back?

it was just an accurate descriptor before people started using it as a burn, not everyone got the memo

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

TBF there actually was a genuine attempt!

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1591958058108080128?t=qmfsMqeZl2WldgJqswTcxQ&s=19

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

gallego starting his primary run at simema now that the midterms are over

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1592013389374660609

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm very excited to see all the good things Democrats are going to do now that they've secured the senate majority.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I can’t wait for the democrats to codify row (lol) and do… other things? maybe some sort of tax credit for poor women working in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods for greater than 10 years?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yikes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gallego starting his primary run at simema now that the midterms are over

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1592013389374660609
She’s dead. Even normie dems hate her. I still think she’s not going to run for re-election.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

mcmagic posted:

She’s dead. Even normie dems hate her. I still think she’s not going to run for re-election.

Even if she doesn't run again she's set for life as long as she doesn't gently caress up like Cawthorn and start talking too much about the coke orgies

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I am the coke orgy - Louis XIV

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

mcmagic posted:

the thing is as soon as she leaves congress her value to the moneyhavers goes to zero - it’s not like she’ll have any connections or pull. so her sinecure relies on the loyalty and esteem of the worst and most disloyal people on earth. Bad plan imo

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lord of Pie posted:

Even if she doesn't run again she's set for life as long as she doesn't gently caress up like Cawthorn and start talking too much about the coke orgies

my guess is Sinema's going to get some insanely lucrative boards of directors appointments, she's made a lot of money for the corps and they want to encourage more sociopathic Dems to block regulations in a similar vein

then maybe in a decade she'll pull a Tulsi and join the GOP

Best Friends posted:

the thing is as soon as she leaves congress her value to the moneyhavers goes to zero - it’s not like she’ll have any connections or pull. so her sinecure relies on the loyalty and esteem of the worst and most disloyal people on earth. Bad plan imo

you've got to reward the major earners like her to entice others to take the risk of blowing up their long-term careers in politics; there are few cushier positions in the world than being a sitting US senator

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 08:11 on Nov 14, 2022

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
lmao at getting turned down by MattyG

perhaps the dumbest fucker to ever post

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Best Friends posted:

Her value to money havers is "here's what happens if you serve us."
The entirety of the democratic establishment is based on enticing people to sell out their principles in favor of their career.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RasperFat posted:

luckily she’s old enough that she’s going to retire in some fashion relatively soon.

Not until a group of adventurers manages to find and destroy her phylactery she won't :colbert:

Edit: Have some syq

quote:

Who are these people who think elected officials are competent that you are referring to?

That is the polar opposite of every popular conception of elected officials.

the_steve has issued a correction as of 12:28 on Nov 14, 2022

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

I'm very excited to see all the good things Democrats are going to do now that they've secured the senate majority.

biceps crimes posted:

I can’t wait for the democrats to codify row (lol) and do… other things? maybe some sort of tax credit for poor women working in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods for greater than 10 years?

The Dems did in fact pass some legislation. By this falsification-proof framing, any blockage less than the full, theorized ideal set of policies can be a “coincidence” proving conspiracy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

spacetoaster posted:

hopefully the remove joe biden

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Filthy Hans posted:

it's important to note that the Tennessee version specifically states that forcing convicts to work is not slavery, so the bills are not the same

So what do they suggest they call it when you deprive someone their freedom of movement and force them to labor?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BrotherJayne posted:

So what do they suggest they call it when you deprive someone their freedom of movement and force them to labor?

Criminal justice, duh

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I just realized that the funniest possible thing that could happen in the next two years is the Dems voting to impeach Biden for whatever reason and the Republicans refusing to go along with it out of spite.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
lemme tell you how much it's inspriing me to voot or donate or whatever when the prize at steak is continued schumer leadership

very inspired

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

[succ] voot or donate or whatever

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
mm steak prize

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

finally something Kamala could be bothered to cast the tie breaking vote for

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

docbeard posted:

I just realized that the funniest possible thing that could happen in the next two years is the Dems voting to impeach Biden for whatever reason and the Republicans refusing to go along with it out of spite.

lmao

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
idk hillary has 2 years to try and do something which has humor value

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zvahl posted:

idk hillary has 2 years to try and do something which has humor value

when has hillary done anything funny

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

“We want to make sure that there’s a relationship that they’re able to defend themselves and take on what is purely the ugliest aggression that’s occurred since World War II on a massive scale, on the part of Putin, within Ukraine. And there’s so much at stake,” Biden said
For a dude obsessed with Iraq, he sure does forget it when it's convient

Unless he actually meant "since ww2 by putin in Ukraine. "

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7zmjyhSpbs

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

be born