Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tree Reformat posted:

I'm sorry, I can't process the idea of "having too many R5 prototype ambers".

I'm no theorycrafter , I have very little idea how the game works under the hood (and honestly dont care to learn, I dont enjoy the spiral abyss so I just dont do it, so no real need to learn what peoples ascension stats are, or what that in fact even means), I just go by the helper spreadsheet when picking artifacts/weapons, and I've just double checked, the only character where thats the highest rated 3 or 4 star option are Kokomi (who I dont have) or certain specific builds of characters that sounded complicated so I just avoided (if I was running yanfei as shield support, but I'm not, I run her as DPS so she has a Widsith). So I'm not actually sure I have any prototype ambers built because the guide has never recommended it as anyones best option! I probably have one, I tend to craft one of everything then horde billets for a rainy day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
prototype amber is never the 'best' option for any character's dps
but it brings teamwide heals
so if your team needs a healer and you have no actual healer that would fit in, but you have space for a catalyst support like sucrose or mona or whatever, then you can throw in an Amber get some basic heals going

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Prototype Amber on a 40 burst catalyst can often provide enough healing to carry you through stuff if you can burst on CD with that character. Add in a little secondary healing/shielding and it'll be enough to carry you through Abyss most of the time as long as the corruption modifier doesn't return.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I used an R5 amber on Nahida on floor 12 (with Zhongli) and it kept everyone nicely topped off whenever something managed to break through the shield. Wouldn't rely on it if I didn't have Zhongli or if I was facing corrosion.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

prototype amber is never the 'best' option for any character's dps

Kokomi :colbert:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Best 4 star weapon for her except when on a taser team.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

hey by the way I've never progressed past Abyss 10 (partially out of laziness and partially because I used to suck bad at team-building)

do you get anything for clearing it all for the first time???

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Just the name card achievement and the rewards for the stars you earned.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

hey by the way I've never progressed past Abyss 10 (partially out of laziness and partially because I used to suck bad at team-building)

do you get anything for clearing it all for the first time???

You also get 50 primos for every 3 stars you get per floor(9-12) which resets every 1st and 16th of the month. 600 primos for all 36 stars.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Garrand posted:

Sacrificial Fragments (4*) and Magic guide (3*) have EM substat. Magic Guide has bonus damage on units afflicted with electro and hydro although if you aren't using somnone like xingqiu she tends to just eat all of that immediately with her insanely strong dendro application. e: I say that but I realize i don't know the order of operations so it may be functioning just fine.

Prototype amber also works if you need some healing and don't need the EM.

Xun posted:

I would be looking at maybe Widsith and Sacrificial Fragments if you can. Sacrificial Fragments has the EM substat while Widsith is just generally good for off field characters. Pure F2P wise I would consider maybe the Prototype Amber because her burst is up all the time and the healing is nice and maybe the Hakushin Ring if you're doing a lot of electro reactions. Maayybee the sumeru craftable weapon could work too, but it's got one of those weird passives so it seems really finnicky.

Edit: I never noticed that sacrificial fragments has an EM substat, fixing. Also I have no idea where you get the Mappa Mare recipe from but it's craftable and should be pretty decent for Nahida if you've got the recipe :psyduck:

Thanks for the info. I do have the catalysts mentioned so nice that I have some options to mess around with.

As for artifacts, would I be correct in guessing that trying to gather Deepwood artis is a good direction to go for at the moment? From everything I've seen so far Deepwood is to Dendro what Viridescent Venerer is to Anemo. So that makes the most sense (plus the L90 run I can take down in 90 seconds or less with Xingqiu/Rosaria/Kazuha/Fischl). Just wasn't sure what arti experiments others have tried that may have yielded interesting results.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Nyaawn posted:

The only five star catalyst I have, sadly, is the lost prayer to sacred wind

This is what I use for Nahida and (with damage-focused gear) it works well. I'm sitting at 69/181 with 400 EM (so it turns into 75/201) and hit hard enough for abyss 12, though I expect to hit even harder when I've decked out Raiden in EM instead of her normal Emblem set.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wait did early english paimon have slightly different direction? she sounds way less high pitched and significantly more aurally tolerable

(I'm listening to her voice lines in the menu / pot)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

wait did early english paimon have slightly different direction? she sounds way less high pitched and significantly more aurally tolerable

it's been posted before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vou1LDGQZ4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

what the gently caress man we got loving robbed

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Early japanese paimon also had a different tone, she really grew into the role.

And yes, I enjoy the high energy float goblin

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus Christ...the second voice put me into a state of immediate PTSD. Why mihoyo...

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I listen to Chinese paimon and I see what they mean about her sounding more like a little sister type

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I really really dislike Dragonspine. This cold mechanic from a gameplay standpoint is very much not doing it for me. I am constraining my frustration posting this trying to unlock the Blizzard Strayer domain.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lt. Cock posted:

I really really dislike Dragonspine. This cold mechanic from a gameplay standpoint is very much not doing it for me. I am constraining my frustration posting this trying to unlock the Blizzard Strayer domain.

Eat goulash, use a pyro character, light fires. I agree it's pretty annoying though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I didn't do whatever sidequest it was to unlock the goulash recipe until I was almost done exploring it.
Don't make my mistakes.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
There's also the warming bottle recipe.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm still missing chests on dragonspine, and the mondstadt compass doesn't work there. Guess they'll stay missing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'd rather die in the cold than use items like a coward.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
every now and then, an event will have you revisit dragonspine mostly to spot chests you missed a year before

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm glad they didn't do some dumb heat mechanic thing for the Sumeru desert

Also I dread the day Mihoyo decides to kill Paimon (thats not okay)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I liked the initial exploration, but I wish that after you finished the quest you would end the cold mechanic, so you could explore at leisure afterwards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

every now and then, an event will have you revisit dragonspine mostly to spot chests you missed a year before
Yeah it took until that Albedo event there for me to finally 100%* the place.

*Map 100%, probably at least a dozen or more chests I haven't found still.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

I liked the initial exploration, but I wish that after you finished the quest you would end the cold mechanic, so you could explore at leisure afterwards.

Same but for Stormterror Lair all the way before the Chasm was a thing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dragonspine has some of my favorite combat music in the game.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Nyaawn posted:

Yeah her VA wanted to change it because the old one was hell on their vocal cords in prolonged sessions.
Same goes Barb's old voice.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dragonspine has some of my favorite combat music in the game.

Dragonspine has some of the best music in the game, period. I think it rivals Sumeru in terms of how many of its tracks are just incredible.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Yeah her VA wanted to change it because the old one was hell on their vocal cords in prolonged sessions.
Same goes Barb's old voice.

You have a source for that?

The voice director has literally said the change in Barbara’s voice was because “The wrong files were uploaded”. The VA had no say, it was a creative decision on behalf of the director.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I haven't come across a single character voice, including Paimon, that I found annoying, but for some reason Layla's is super grating to me. I get that it's sort of her character but the dispassionate monotone sucks to listen to.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Best interview I've found with Paimon's voice actress: https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2021/02/10/genshin-impact-paimon-voice-actor-on-fandoms-and-dealing-with-haters/

quote:

When I originally auditioned for Paimon, I actually had her set closer to my natural tone. Once I booked the character, that was when I sat there with miHoYo for a good 30-40 minutes and they were like, ‘Okay, we want it higher – go higher – can you go higher?’, and it kept getting higher until we’re at the highest point of my register, and then they were like ‘Now just add breathiness, we want a whole bunch of breathiness to make it more ethereal, to have that ethereal feeling for Paimon.’ So yeah, that was definitely a direction.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There is apparently a furniture chest that spawns in Apam woods out of one of the bubbles you pop. But there's only a chance of it spawning - you need to go back every day to see if this is the day it spawns.

You also need to make, not kidding, 28 of these items for one of the primogem furniture sets. This is some next-level griefing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

on a similar note I hated having to buy *22* of the stupid little planters, for Nahida's gift set, from the Teapot vendor.

3 per day.

Scrolling alllllll the way down every time.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's up to 3 per day? I thought it was 3 per week.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

There is apparently a furniture chest that spawns in Apam woods out of one of the bubbles you pop. But there's only a chance of it spawning - you need to go back every day to see if this is the day it spawns.

You also need to make, not kidding, 28 of these items for one of the primogem furniture sets. This is some next-level griefing.

The best part is it looks horrible, imo

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That's interesting because I'd figure the new Paimon voice was the extremely high pitched and breathy one and her old was more natural. At least based off that clip the old is way better, but that's also why I play with jp voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

That's interesting because I'd figure the new Paimon voice was the extremely high pitched and breathy one and her old was more natural.

That's what she says in the interview. The higher pitch was coached, but the increased sassiness was in response to fan feedback.

I hate higher pitched voiced characters as a whole, but they're pretty much a staple in anime.