Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think a lot of people upset about this are newer viewers that are used to team sports and don't understand F1 teammates are rivals you are forced to take marketing pictures with. Drivers are generally obligated to help the team maximize points when possible but, unless they are told they are the #2 driver at signing, their responsibility ends there. Sort of funny to watch the broadcasters all initially shrug about it yesterday and see reddit in a boiling rage about today

Max is almost certainly a twat because he is an F1 driver and they are all pricks. Lewis Hamilton has correct political views but he is absolutely a twat. Vettel was a notorious rear end in a top hat until he went to poo poo and stopped caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think a lot of people upset about this are newer viewers that are used to team sports and don't understand F1 teammates are rivals you are forced to take marketing pictures with. Drivers are generally obligated to help the team maximize points when possible but, unless they are told they are the #2 driver at signing, their responsibility ends there. Sort of funny to watch the broadcasters all initially shrug about it yesterday and see reddit in a boiling rage about today

Max is almost certainly a twat because he is an F1 driver and they are all pricks. Lewis Hamilton has correct political views but he is absolutely a twat. Vettel was a notorious rear end in a top hat until he went to poo poo and stopped caring.

The greater the driver, the bigger an rear end in a top hat he is. Senna, Schumacher - absolute scumbags, Mike Hawthorn was a huge piece of poo poo taking great pleasure in teammate Luigi Musso dying in a crash and so on. They are all pricks, every single one of them, even the one you like.

e: except Lance, he is genuinely nice

https://twitter.com/cinnamonxstroll/status/1591879049735204864?s=20&t=iWLM7-_41A8CJTR7QzuzIA

Take the plunge! Okay! fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 14, 2022

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Even Senna and Schumacher moved to let their teammates pass and get a better position at times.

The hilarity here is max just couldn't couldn't let this go in the most benign circumstances, couldn't make himself look like a team player in the slightest, couldn't even just keep his mouth shut and pretend he didn't hear, instead had to blow this up in the dumbest way possible.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://the-race.com/formula-1/i-didnt-eat-for-two-days-the-extent-of-norriss-illness/

Norris is a good lad and future WDC

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Red Warrior posted:

Even Senna and Schumacher moved to let their teammates pass and get a better position at times.

The hilarity here is max just couldn't couldn't let this go in the most benign circumstances, couldn't make himself look like a team player in the slightest, couldn't even just keep his mouth shut and pretend he didn't hear, instead had to blow this up in the dumbest way possible.

:hmmyes:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Yeah didn't Schumacher drive for Irvine in '99? At Sepang or something.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Mick-Merc combo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Apparently Hulkenberg is taking Mick's seat at Haas? Didn't realize Nico is already 35 years old sheesh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mick is a pretty poo poo driver but feels a bit harsh on him overall.

Especially to replace him with a dude who has 0 podiums in 800 years in F1

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mick is a pretty poo poo driver but feels a bit harsh on him overall.

Especially to replace him with a dude who has 0 podiums in 800 years in F1

how many podiums does mick have

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I think the best part of whatever is going on at haas is absolute trashman ricciardo thinking he's too good for the seat(he is in fact not good enough)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Red Warrior posted:

"Blow it up" into a bunch of social media posts.
Oh no the horror whatever will he do about it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/1592140542481244161

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

how many podiums does mick have

The same number as cars he's driven that can break the 100mph barrier

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

I think the best part of whatever is going on at haas is absolute trashman ricciardo thinking he's too good for the seat(he is in fact not good enough)

Well he was better than Hulk last time Hulk actually had a regular drive, but yeah think everyone but Ricciardo thinks the same thing about not taking that spot.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

going to need that pull out page to make sure his entire face fits on it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SocksAndSandals posted:

It's gonna get real spicy when Checo knows his time is coming to an end and he has no reason to do anything the team asks to help Max. Red Bull is in a position now where they have to surprise-fire Checo to avoid this situation. So nothing new for them....lmao.

Max is a dickhead so anything he does is a dick move. That includes winning WDC.

Also I presume you get a lot more $ for being p2 vs p3 in WDC.

The real fun next race is gonna be merc vs. ferrari with now only 20pts between the teams....

I think Sky mentioned 2nd v 3rd in the CC is 12 million US Funbucks. I don't think there's any money in the WDC.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

spamman posted:

Yeah didn't Schumacher drive for Irvine in '99? At Sepang or something.

He did, but under duress. He kept claiming he was unfit and his leg was still not ready, until he got busted playing a footy game...

Schumacher tended to have little regard for his teammate, I know he asked once why he should help Barrichello, because "...what had Rubens ever done for him?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

The greater the driver, the bigger an rear end in a top hat he is. Senna, Schumacher - absolute scumbags, Mike Hawthorn was a huge piece of poo poo taking great pleasure in teammate Luigi Musso dying in a crash and so on. They are all pricks, every single one of them, even the one you like.

e: except Lance, he is genuinely nice

https://twitter.com/cinnamonxstroll/status/1591879049735204864?s=20&t=iWLM7-_41A8CJTR7QzuzIA

That’s because Lance doesn’t want to be an f1 driver

Bottas seems nice too, the only times he was a jerk was against the British, who deserve it

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

straight up brolic posted:

no one cares about 2nd in the WDC

checo does. max should've coasted it out for the last two laps and let perez by. it would've cost him nothing and it would've been a nice gesture. now he just looks like a pissbaby.

acidx fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 14, 2022

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Dudley posted:

I think Sky mentioned 2nd v 3rd in the CC is 12 million US Funbucks. I don't think there's any money in the WDC.

yeah but was assuming that the drivers' sponsors pay out as well depending on final position? not sure exactly how the driver contract(s) are structured

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Lance is a very nice guy unless you try to pass him and then he will literally try to kill both you and himself.

In the immortal words of actual good guy Sebastian Vettel "....Okay."

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Good lads who mean well in F1
  • Lance Stroll
  • Alex Albon
  • Seb Vettel
  • Nick Latifi
  • Valtteri Bottas
  • Mick Schumacher
Everyone else is a prick and will stab you in the back if it meant getting a race win.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 14, 2022

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1’s most thrilling driver*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Max vercrappin

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
i think pierre is nice and handsome

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

MustardFacial posted:

Good lads who mean well in F1
  • Lance Stroll
  • Alex Albon
  • Seb Vettel
  • Nick Latifi
  • Valtteri Bottas
  • Mick Schumacher
Everyone else is a prick and will stab you in the back if it meant getting a race win.

How is Lance “attempted to murder half the field” Stroll on top of that list?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I think a lot of people upset about this are newer viewers that are used to team sports and don't understand F1 teammates are rivals you are forced to take marketing pictures with.

this guy is old as dirt and disagrees with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgzQbhaoCuU&t=659s

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

I made a (terrible) post a couple months ago about how Max had grown up and it was time for Worst Thread participants to give him another chance. People reasonably pointed out that it is easy to look magnanimous when you are running away with a championship, so the true test for Max would come when things got difficult.

But we actually didn't need to wait that long at all. For no reason other than being a petty little conspiracy minded twerp, Max was more than happy to make his teammate's fight for second just a little harder. WDC locked up? Check Team got the WCC squared away? Check. gently caress over Checo the one time you get a chance to help him out and already promised you would? Awww hell yeah.

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

I also find it very funny that some Max fans can't come to grips that he's a tremendous rear end in a top hat. The entire sport is full of tremendous assholes!

He's clearly a very good driver and ran away with the championship - he's also a big dickhead! It's OK! A lot of really good, really fun people to watch in sports are enormous cunts! You don't have to also pretend like he's somehow a good person!

ABen
Jul 11, 2008

Look - we need to have a stiff upper lip about this Black Death business.

Also people that support Max are objectively terrible people. Or worse, Dutch.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

max also turned in on two different people this weekend just because he was pissy the car wouldn't rotate and they were getting past him

I guess he only turned in on sainz he just tried to dive bomb lewis

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Dictator. posted:

How is Lance “attempted to murder half the field” Stroll on top of that list?

Because he doesn't want to be an F1 driver and is only doing it to make his father happy. He is being a good son.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

Because he doesn't want to be an F1 driver and is only doing it to make his father happy. He is being a good son.

:3:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Red Bull Max and all his fans should be banned from every future grand prix event. He's set the sport back centuries with his vile behavior.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It will be very funny if Ferrari are about to do a Chelsea and assume all their problems are the guy at the top

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

Being a good son is literally the worst thing a person can do.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Max should pose in GQ in his swimwear to show off his ripped physique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari have something that plays into the driver intercom when they pass the chequered flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbkzOd2DwoU