Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Epic High Five posted:

Is it normal for only the host to see the scorecard in the end? Everybody else just got a black screen.

Yeah this happened to us too. The autosave is immediately before pressing the button that initiates the final cutscene so I imagine you can go back in solo and see your stats? I meant to do this but never bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

A Sometimes Food posted:

I hope if/when this gets dlc/expac/content patches they add a centipede.

Also ant mimic spiders as like a rare spawn in nests could be fun.

I would love to see weather added to the game, maybe with bugs that only come out in the rain or snow etc.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

explosivo posted:

Yeah this happened to us too. The autosave is immediately before pressing the button that initiates the final cutscene so I imagine you can go back in solo and see your stats? I meant to do this but never bothered.

That's where we're at, I think if that's the solution that's disappointing that they couldn't figure that out after getting so much right but there being a fix and the fix being easy (change it to shared world) isn't exactly something you can count on in this genre so I'll take it.

I would've liked some scanning tools to unlock after you beat it, sort of dreading hunting down the last ~5 molars we need.

A tip for anybody wanting to 100% it regarding the basketball hoop one - Put the basketball hoop at the bottom of a big drop or zipline tower, place your marker on it, climb it until you're at a bit over 40cm, and just drop the pebblets into the hoop. I had a bear of a time trying to gauge where my throws were landing doing it normal.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I mean at this point you might as well look at the wiki for those last 5.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I mean at this point you might as well look at the wiki for those last 5.

That doesn't make it any easier when you don't know which 5 it is you need lol. Current plan that is totally flawless and not going to crash and burn is to just have everybody wander around a bunch until their SCAB chirps.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Divide the map into a grid of scab wide zones and walk the entire length in straight lines

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/GroundedTheGame/status/1591524170013478912

More backpack space finally.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

What's the minimum gear recommendation for tangling with a wolf spider solo? I've got a koi armor since I like perfect blocking but I can make a ladybug armor. Is a tier 2 axe enough?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

T2 axe or black ant sword should be plenty since they're weak to both chopping and slashing. Most of their attacks are easy to perfect block other than the 5 hit combo, with a shield you can easily just hold block given enough stamina.

Alternately, cheesing them by shooting through a small gap in a barricade you place at the entrance to the bottom of the oak tree is honorable and good.

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug

And UI that indicates 3 hotpouches!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
And aren't those koi scale chairs new?

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Copied from the Steam page news.

quote:

Did you catch it all? Koi Scale Chairs, an additional row of backpack inventory, and an expanded HotPouch with three rows. But that's not all! Our focus for this upcoming update is expanding on the quality-of-life features of the game, adding more base building options, and adding a few often-requested features. Here’s a taste of what’s to come:

Additional Inventory Row
We are adding an additional inventory row that is unlocked automatically when you start the game.

Hot Pouch Expansion
With this update, there are now three rows of HotPouch items that you can switch between. With keyboard and mouse, you can move between them with the mouse wheel. With a controller, you can move between them using the HotPouch radial.

New Decorative Furniture
We are adding several new vanity items for your base, including the Koi Scale Chair.

Build from Storage
An often request feature is to build directly from storage containers and pallets. This works very similar to how crafting works.

The ZIP.R Zipline Upgrade
A new zipline upgrade will now be able to be found during your adventure, which will allow you to go up ziplines.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I wonder how fast the ziplines are going to go in reverse, though. More steep = more speed, even backwards? Or is climbing ziplines going to be obnoxiously slow? How are they going to balance this? I kind of wish zipline steepness didn't affect speed and it was always fast, it's frustrating finishing a line and then finding out it's much slower than you expected and you have to add yet more stories to your tower.

No date on when that patch is coming, incidentally.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol two way ziplines would've changed everything about my base setup. Odd that the extra inventory is just automatically unlocked instead of something to craft tho

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Timestamp to the bit from the dev stream where they show off the zipline upgrade :3:

https://twitch.tv/videos/1654616838?t=2009s

Edit:

Recycling now gives all the building material back!

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 17, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Laughing Zealot posted:

Recycling now gives all the building material back!
gently caress I would have loved this feature when setting up ziplines that didn't work out. Multiplayer, so no save/load beforehand.
It seems like the powered zipline tool makes you go faster on all ziplines. Even fully level ones were pretty quick, though I still wish it were faster. If angle didn't matter at all you'd only have to build towers for visibility, not speed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gotta say I love this stuff but really would've preferred it be in at launch when myself and most people who will play it actually did so. Extra inventory is whatever, never had too much of a problem there, but that's a fundamental change to the ziplines. Provided they do DLC of some sort that requires the stuff it'll work out but my group literally finished our 60+ hour playthrough the same week this stuff was teased lol.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Yeah, little unfortunate with the timing. My group is at castle more dork and working on 100% in teeth and collectibles, already have a pretty big zipline network. I'm hoping with the success of the game they have queued up some DLC for it, though I'm not sure how that would work with game pass

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Yeah, little unfortunate with the timing. My group is at castle more dork and working on 100% in teeth and collectibles, already have a pretty big zipline network. I'm hoping with the success of the game they have queued up some DLC for it, though I'm not sure how that would work with game pass

Same as any other game I'd suspect - base game included, DLC is gonna cost ya and if you're getting the DLC you may as well get the same since I think you're in the lurch if it ever goes off GamePass (more a risk for other games than this one, admittedly)

It's why I gave Snowrunner a shot it was on GamePass but when I decided I loved it I bought it on Steam

Also being able to go up ziplines is something that opens up verticality a whole lot more for a DLC that is, for example, based on an interior Tinykin style house. I don't care how many times they flatly say it'll never happen, it's no good.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Boy, the black ant hill is a bit confusing to navigate.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Laughing Zealot posted:

Boy, the black ant hill is a bit confusing to navigate.

Black Ant Hill was a low point for us with the combo of difficult to navigate and some combined self-foot-shooting/game misbehaving.

Two of us died to the boss then took a week or so off. We had a stem scaffolding tower built up on the picnic table to go straight from the shovel to the upper table with a platform for the return-to-base zipline. There was an unbuilt template for a grass platform in that tower that was annoying me every time I went by, so I canceled the blueprint. Apparently it was a load-bearing unfinished blueprint, because it collapsed the entire tower right after we had gotten new gear and were on our way to do the fight again. That turned into a project to rebuild, we spent a bunch of frustrating time lost trying to find the drat boss room again, then our replacement tower fell of its own accord which we discovered doing another runback already annoyed in anticipation of being lost again.

The good news is we're past it and exploring the sandbox to farm antlions ended up being maybe the most fun we've had so far, so I guess the game gives and the game takes away.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The black ant hill had some hidden stuff but we got through it pretty quick, pretty sure we just followed the overhead wires

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
We've just had to give up until there is a patch. We've still been unable to stay connected since launch, with constant disconnects and no reply from support either directly or on their forums.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Pararoid posted:

We've just had to give up until there is a patch. We've still been unable to stay connected since launch, with constant disconnects and no reply from support either directly or on their forums.

Tonight was noteworthy for lag and drops for us, too. I'm always host, and half the time we're split up and I don't even realize until someone drops or complains about trying to build things with a bunch of lag. Got better when we killed the game and restarted, but didn't stay on for an extended period of time after that, might have been a fake fix.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Is there another way into the upper yard than the barbecue spill (other than building a way)? Having made my way up there I'm instantly starting to crave the upcoming zipline upgrade.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Laughing Zealot posted:

Is there another way into the upper yard than the barbecue spill (other than building a way)? Having made my way up there I'm instantly starting to crave the upcoming zipline upgrade.

There's an ascent you can open up on the western part of that retaining wall. I only think we used it once tho because our base was by the pond, so a zipline on the retaining wall meant it could be used for both up and down lines. I'm pretty sure 90% of our travel building was unholy piles of half grass or mushroom half-walls or triangle scaffolding tho. Way easier than even clover roofs.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Just started playing fairly recently and was feeling stuck after the Oak Tree lab. Thanks for whoever suggested hucking pebble spears at everything, that really evened the odds. Though it may stunt my growth as a perfect blocking bug bashing master.

haven't kicked the difficulty down to Mild yet, but decided to be OK with save scumming because I'm not multiplayering with anybody anyway.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The game gets much easier once you get your hands on the next tier of armor and weapons. T1 armor is tissue paper for the most part

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The game gets much easier once you get your hands on the next tier of armor and weapons. T1 armor is tissue paper for the most part

My biggest issue with the game so far is that the tier 2 equipment requires you to kill things that seem to be balanced around needing tier 2 equipment to kill.

I know T2 is not strictly required, but even in full T1 armor, most things bigger than a worker ant can kill you in two hits. My group has taken to cheesing ladybugs with weevil shields, and while it's effective, it probably doesn't mesh with the devslopers' vision of combat.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I cheesed my first ladybug kills on whoa by dragging them over to the ant hill and baiting them into charging an ant. They're brutal.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

WhiteHowler posted:

My biggest issue with the game so far is that the tier 2 equipment requires you to kill things that seem to be balanced around needing tier 2 equipment to kill.

I know T2 is not strictly required, but even in full T1 armor, most things bigger than a worker ant can kill you in two hits. My group has taken to cheesing ladybugs with weevil shields, and while it's effective, it probably doesn't mesh with the devslopers' vision of combat.
I do agree that the transition from T1 to T2 is pretty brutal and I was never sure "am I actually meant to be fighting this yet?" Having beaten the game I can look back and see those transition points more clearly but at the time I just couldn't tell the difference between something too hard to beat and something really hard but you're expected to beat it anyway.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Rynoto posted:

I cheesed my first ladybug kills on whoa by dragging them over to the ant hill and baiting them into charging an ant. They're brutal.

Same but in a group on normal. We basically did a grid search out from the anthill to see what we could aggro and kite back. Great way to kill big bugs and collect ant parts.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Same but in a group on normal. We basically did a grid search out from the anthill to see what we could aggro and kite back. Great way to kill big bugs and collect ant parts.

Yeah I also did it for the stink bugs nearby - and as an easy way to farm ant eggs as their AoE just massacres ants.

Honestly more terrified of ladybugs than any other enemy.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
after a couple days of playing before bed I woke up this morning dreaming about delicately circling around giant bugs in an overgrown garden

It takes so long to do things in this game I can't resist minorly spoiling myself with google. I still haven't gotten to the hedge lab but I gather you get there by climbing up on top of the hedge.

How would I know to do that otherwise? Just thorough exploration? Scour every pathway no matter how many spooky spiders are there? Even if it doesn't look like a pathway?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Best moment of the game so far...

I'm poking around looking for blueberries to make more leather, and suddenly I hear my buddy scream over Discord: "OH loving HOLY poo poo THERE ARE UNDERWATER SPIDERS gently caress THIS GAME".

And a good time was had by all.

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug
The patch details were released a couple of days ago, and it's super easy to update to the test version https://grounded.obsidian.net/news/grounded/flight-110 - there's no official word on whether saves copied to the test version are going to work when it goes live but the changes are so good that my buddy and I are taking the chance and only playing the new patch from now on.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Build from chest and build from pallets is so big. Temporary buff against a creature by marking a trophy is cool, too.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Sivart13 posted:

after a couple days of playing before bed I woke up this morning dreaming about delicately circling around giant bugs in an overgrown garden

It takes so long to do things in this game I can't resist minorly spoiling myself with google. I still haven't gotten to the hedge lab but I gather you get there by climbing up on top of the hedge.

How would I know to do that otherwise? Just thorough exploration? Scour every pathway no matter how many spooky spiders are there? Even if it doesn't look like a pathway?

I thought something in the game, presumably around BURG.L, points to the far end of the hedge. From the bottom you should be able to see (and presumably get the wristband ping) that there's a lab, and from that you can see pretty obvious environmental clues to push you forward. There's definitely an on-screen location message when you get to where you should start climbing. Once you get past the first few branches the path forward gets a lot more obvious, too.

That said, you need to get there pretty early in the day, and I do think that area should have a bit more light, as once the afternoon hits it can be really hard to notice the specific starting point due to the hedge area being really dark.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Build from pallet is insane and would have saved so much time building all the mega zipline towers

Depth of Field also now being an option must have been a response to everyone just turning it off.

Staves may actually be useful now as well.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Zachack posted:

I thought something in the game, presumably around BURG.L, points to the far end of the hedge.
I got to the hedge lab now and in retrospect the fact that there's juice boxes and whatnot in the branches make it more obvious you're supposed to go up there

The BURG.L waypoint I found to be quite useless though because if you just naively navigate to it from the ground you see a closed exit door. it would've been more helpful to just highlight the entire hedge on the map and say "the lab is somewhere in here"

but maybe I will better understand the game's logic when looking for subsequent things