Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I've been told before to check this out and keep forgetting to. Thanks.

Just a heads up that while it's a great show overall, there is a definite bell curve to the quality. Season 1 is very mediocre 90s sci-fi, but it lays a lot of foundation that's important for later in the story. Season 5 suffers because the show had a 5-year plan and at the start of year 4 the studio told them they were canceled and this was their last season, so they crammed all the stuff planned for seasons 4 and 5 together, causing season 4 to be one of the greatest things sci-fi television has ever graced us with. Then, because it was so good, the studio said "never mind you can have season 5 after all" but now they didn't have any plot left and had to wing it.

Edit: Jesus, what a nerdy loving snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dabir posted:

based on what?? based on what????!!!

Usul is the strength of the base of the pillar. Bi-lal kaifa

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Based is good slang. My reason for this belief is that my brother says it multiple times a day yet still gets absurdly mad when someone (me) says "based on what?"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I prefer the term artificial fabric myself

A great post.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's cringe when you're 35 and try to sound 15. I'm 34, so it's based when I do it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thought for the longest time based was essentially the same as red-pilled since I only ever heard it from MAGA chuds

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
poo poo is straight bussin

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-n5qVwn-Xc

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
i aged 20 years reading the last 20 posts

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
also cohost is where it's at right now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Boba Pearl posted:

i aged 20 years reading the last 20 posts

just don't ask what a sussy bussy is.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I thought for the longest time based was essentially the same as red-pilled since I only ever heard it from MAGA chuds

Correct. Lil B was the one who started the use of the term, calling himself BasedGod. Then the alt-right picked it up to use it ironically to refer to stuff and people they liked. Then it got adopted by the wider online community to just mean anything good

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

rydiafan posted:

Just a heads up that while it's a great show overall, there is a definite bell curve to the quality. Season 1 is very mediocre 90s sci-fi, but it lays a lot of foundation that's important for later in the story. Season 5 suffers because the show had a 5-year plan and at the start of year 4 the studio told them they were canceled and this was their last season, so they crammed all the stuff planned for seasons 4 and 5 together, causing season 4 to be one of the greatest things sci-fi television has ever graced us with. Then, because it was so good, the studio said "never mind you can have season 5 after all" but now they didn't have any plot left and had to wing it.

Only kinda true. They always planned to have an after war period and stuff, but they shuffled around the more important story arcs so they could close them out in season 4. Which meant they had to stretch some of the less interesting stuff out a bit in season 5.

Season 5 of Babylon 5 is still a better season of sci fi on tv than almost everything else though, so it's all good.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

Usul is the strength of the base of the pillar. Bi-lal kaifa

cool wahad bro

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
In Germany there's a yearly vote for the Jugendwort (word of the youth) of the year, and the presenter of the most-viewed and trusted news broadcast of the nation has to read the candidates and the winner live on air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBvZGRa6I-E&t=9s

"Cringe" won and she had to explain what it means. "Cringe is the feeling you get when I say the following sentence: «Bro, how fly is the Tagesschau when it flexes with youth language»"

Anyway, I am a fan of Susanne Daubner.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mein Digga, haben Sie LSD probiert?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You've just outed yourself as a super old, that's not how you use Digga. It's short for "Dicker", i.e. someone you are thick with, best friend, bro etc, and you can't put "Mein" in front, that just doesn't work.

You old person.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Mein Digga, haben Sie LSD probiert?

need one of those Hamburg vs Düsseldorf memes to follow this one up.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bussin on that boba postin

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

need one of those Hamburg vs Düsseldorf memes to follow this one up.

I can only offer a

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

I can only offer a

LOL

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sagebrush posted:

I thought the same thing. Seriously what is wrong with her head?

There’s some sort of bizarre perspective distortion thing going on (MTG’s head didn’t make it out of this one very well either but you can see it everywhere in the photo that isn’t dead center), and stretching her neck out kind of awkwardly really isn’t helping matters.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

rydiafan posted:

I generally like to see the fifth season as one big epilogue. Instead of having the show end after the main plot lines have wrapped, B5 offers an answer to "What happens next?". With that in mind, I really enjoyed the fifth season.

Bigger spoilers: Plus, I really like how the final episodes has the crew slowly leaving the station, one by one. It's not just one episode where everyone suddenly decides to pack their bags, it just goes gradually. That final shot on the bridge with the next generation of officers really brings it all together.

Plus, there is still some heart breaking stuff in there. Bit of a rough start, but still extremely good at the end.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Baron von der Loon posted:

I generally like to see the fifth season as one big epilogue. Instead of having the show end after the main plot lines have wrapped, B5 offers an answer to "What happens next?". With that in mind, I really enjoyed the fifth season.

Bigger spoilers: Plus, I really like how the final episodes has the crew slowly leaving the station, one by one. It's not just one episode where everyone suddenly decides to pack their bags, it just goes gradually. That final shot on the bridge with the next generation of officers really brings it all together.

Plus, there is still some heart breaking stuff in there. Bit of a rough start, but still extremely good at the end.

Yeah, that last part really tugs at you, drat good show.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

You've just outed yourself as a super old, that's not how you use Digga. It's short for "Dicker", i.e. someone you are thick with, best friend, bro etc, and you can't put "Mein" in front, that just doesn't work.

You old person.

Wait, do it's not a deutsch wigga? I misunderstood a lot of Azzlacks if not.

Also

Antigravitas posted:

You old person.

Alter,

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, that last part really tugs at you, drat good show.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

SpacePig posted:

I've been told before to check this out and keep forgetting to. Thanks.

The first season is pretty rough, and it has some real stinker eps throughout the series, but it is overall great and I am really looking forward to the original creator re-creating the entire series for "modern" audiences soon.

edit: soundly beaten, should of known

The Demilich posted:

He's never seen stiff wood before give him a break

His cousin says otherwise

😭

`Nemesis has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Nov 15, 2022

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Internet slang always goes

queer Black community -> drag -> the rest of The Gays -> boring heteros -> boots hunty tea the bussy fierce

or

young Black community -> white kids trying to sound “hard” -> other white kids trying to sound cool/ironic -> non-Black influencers trying to take credit -> newsmedia and websites that refer to decontextualized Black slang as “zoomer words”

hth

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scholtz posted:

I think that's just what she looks like lmao

Whoever sold them this lens better change their phone number

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/kgCannarile/status/1592307542369370112

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Busket Posket posted:

Internet slang always goes

queer Black community -> drag -> the rest of The Gays -> boring heteros -> boots hunty tea the bussy fierce

or

young Black community -> white kids trying to sound “hard” -> other white kids trying to sound cool/ironic -> non-Black influencers trying to take credit -> newsmedia and websites that refer to decontextualized Black slang as “zoomer words”

hth

Same as it ever was

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

cats can listen to little a slam, as a treat

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I've always been so focused on the partially muscled skeleton that I've never noticed the guy in the background losing his lunch!
Happy Partially Muscled Skeleton Day, everyone

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

How he scream with no lungs

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Very carefully

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I think he's actually saying "aw hell yeah" and righteously flexing. As indeed any of us would, if we had rad biceps like that for all the world to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Ah, more news from Twitter HQ.