Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah we are quibbling over semantics i agree the card is probably bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

three turns is brutal, if it were three of your turns that'd still be rough but you can easily see some use.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
1. Play FFF Death Knight
2. Draw a lot of frost spells that can go face
3. Tutor out Malygos with Tealan Fordring
4. Play and kill Bonelord and Lady Deathwhisper (copy frost spells in your hand)
5. Play free Malygos and send your opponent to the cold storage

edit: Nevermind spell damage maly isn't even in standard. Guild Trader will have to do. Spelldraw Malygos is still good to fill your hand with frost spells

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 12, 2022

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
You can make 4 Al’Akirs with Rockbiter using Criminal Lineup for a very cool 48 charge damage

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Maybe if it had a better statline it would work as a hail mary in an aggro deck but a 6/6 just isn't going to do anything at that point.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I am very unhappy to find out that Dozy Whelp and Whelp Smuggler do not interact in BGs. It seems very unintuitive and frustrating, considering the naming.

Edit: Yup. Just wiped out 4 hours of progress with a top 8, -100 MMR run with that one. Extremely annoying.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 13, 2022

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Nice example of power creep on display here with amber whelp. The last version of this card did 2 damage and wasn't a tribal itself

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

I am very unhappy to find out that Dozy Whelp and Whelp Smuggler do not interact in BGs. It seems very unintuitive and frustrating, considering the naming.

Edit: Yup. Just wiped out 4 hours of progress with a top 8, -100 MMR run with that one. Extremely annoying.

Never tilt, though. Just push back strong. Take your frustrations out by damage capping everyone from turn 6 on.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Today's spoilers:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

whole lotta pack fillers

the egg is okay

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I love the undead chicken and want to feed it human flesh

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Toshimo posted:

I mean it works just like it's supposed to. Buffs in combat don't normally stay after combat. Dozy whelp has the card text that makes the attack buff permanent but Whelp Smugglers health buff is temporary.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Obfuscation posted:

I mean it works just like it's supposed to. Buffs in combat don't normally stay after combat. Dozy whelp has the card text that makes the attack buff permanent but Whelp Smugglers health buff is temporary.

I wasn't even getting the in-combat buff. It just wasn't doing anything.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Why am I facing non-stop legendary card backs after trying to play this game again for the first time in 5 years at the bottom rank? lmao.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

WarEternal posted:

Why am I facing non-stop legendary card backs after trying to play this game again for the first time in 5 years at the bottom rank? lmao.

A lot of people coming back? On top of everything else I know I can't be the only one who got annoyed with how buggy MTGA's client is who wondered what was going on in Hearthstone after a few years and decided to stay.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

You can dump a lot of stats on the board on T6 with Blood Crusader. Elitist Snob to recover the HP or... Tirion Fordring! He's back! In blood form!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

blood crusader into lightlord

6 mana 13/13 on the board

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I do like the idea of that set of Shaman cards, especially if a swarm-y undead tribal package comes together, but I'm not sure if Shaman's good enough at building boards to make it come together.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Weirdly, my first thought was Totem Shaman. That deck’s great at tossing a bunch of bodies onto the board, it’s just terrible at turning them into a real threat in the absence of Stonewright or Bloodlust. Maybe play the three mana spell and the legendary and suddenly clearing your board is a lot less free. The Murloc even works with Macaw, which you kind of want to be playing anyway (for Stonewright/Denathrius/Fool) but is also capable of creating do-nothing hands.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Toshimo posted:

I wasn't even getting the in-combat buff. It just wasn't doing anything.

Were the whelps getting hit for exact damage? I just saw the interaction work, but the whelp survived and got the health buff afterwards.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

A lot of people coming back? On top of everything else I know I can't be the only one who got annoyed with how buggy MTGA's client is who wondered what was going on in Hearthstone after a few years and decided to stay.

Yeah but I mean, you think after losing 80% of my games my MMR would be a lot lower.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Oh, wonderful, they’re pushing Discard Warlock again. Does anyone actually like this archetype?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I dunno, I liked the design spaces that let you mitigate the discard by returning the card to your hand, or making it targeted discard instead of random. The two 5-mana minions revealed so far are pretty bad, but the spells are good. I mean warlock has been top tier for a while now, it's alright if the next set is somewhat lower in power level, but there's still a few more to be revealed. I'm calling it now, there's gonna be a double-sided disruption card among them, where both players discard a card, or possibly even multiple, and it's going to lead to so much frustration.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

bravesword posted:

Oh, wonderful, they’re pushing Discard Warlock again. Does anyone actually like this archetype?

i liked it in the extremely brief, one-week period after Rastakhan's where it seemed decent

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

bravesword posted:

Surely better than this curse crap

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think sanguine soldier looks really strong, cheap and efficient divine shield minions are really strong with all the handbuffs Paladin has going for it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah paladins’ life total is relatively* untapped resource unlike warlock where any other damage is denying you hero powers later in the game, and they often have a number of incidental life gain cards that are run anyway so they will often end up not costing anything

* weapons are the exception here but right now paladin doesn’t really have too many that see play

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I like the discard mechanic but never liked how it was tunned.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Discard really is just the devs stapling arbitrarily strong effects to a terrible mechanic. Without MTG's op rear end graveyard there isnt a sense that discarding forwards any game plan beyond triggering other cards that say discard on the text. Like that's fine and all, card games, it just is hard to get excited about it as a mechanic when it can mean summoning a 0 mana 3/3 or drawing 3 cards from set to set.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 15, 2022

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I like mechanics that are negative but can be turned into positives, when they are done right at least, because sometimes they have literally no support, other times they are overtuned and usually undertuned.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Looks like Dragon Paladin is going to be a thing again. Anachronos is the kind of flashy unique effect I enjoy playing and presumably it locks all other minions into Dormant-like bubbles, but probably without summoning sickness when they come out.

Daring Drake is a solid minion but it's a bit awkward being the same cost as Timewarden since getting its effect on curve would be really strong.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 16, 2022

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Anachronos looks very interesting. I don't know if it would be good to include in a deck, but could be great to discover if you're behind. Either way, great flavor.

Anachronos
7-cost Paladin Legendary
Dragon 8/8
Battlecry: Send all other minions 2 turns into the future.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Best case scenario is you lock a wide board and get a near Time Walk for two turns. Expensive minions need to be really, really good to see play (which is something Blizzard started recognizing with that 8/8 DH guy that attacks whatever your hero hits) and while I don't know how good this one will actually be, it looks like a lot of fun to me so it's already 90% of the way there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Anachronus actually removes the minions from the board and they come back in 2 turns. If the board is full they just don’t come back, and won’t trigger deathrattles either.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Blessed be every Wronchi card reveal animation we get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvfVLNjNWG8

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Kalko posted:

Anachronos is the kind of flashy unique effect I enjoy playing and presumably it locks all other minions into Dormant-like bubbles, but probably without summoning sickness when they come out.

Based solely on Wronchi's animated card reveal, I expect they're all actually removed from the board because he shows one minion not coming back due to board space.

Edit: beaten, that's what I get for not refreshing the page for an hour.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Oh, I like that more because it really is a unique effect. Even harder to say how good it will be though. It kills their momentum and suspends annoying deathrattles. I'm gonna say it will be good, at least in the kind of deck that would want to run it.

It's also a good way of starting a turn with Bran in play to get away with 8-10 cost Battlecry shenanigans.

edit: playing it with Bran in play would send everything away, then send the dragon itself away... I think?

Kalko fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 16, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Kalko posted:

edit: playing it with Bran in play would send everything away, then send the dragon itself away... I think?

It’s “all other minions” so it never sends itself

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way they're doing a showmatch thing today and tommorow. Watch 2 hours between both streams for 2 Lich king packs