Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Now you're doing it on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Elmo has basically become Lowtax, the owner of collapsing website hosting a community that hates him.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

fuctifino posted:

Elmo has basically become Lowtax, the owner of collapsing website hosting a community that hates him.

Let’s hope medical woes engulf him soon

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ponzicar posted:

At this point I'd say he's destroying Twitter on purpose, but he's doing it in a way that makes it clear it's directly his fault, undermines people's faith in everything else he's involved in, and obliterates what little remained of his carefully constructed tech genius persona.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
You just know that the overriding narrative will largely be that twitter was too “left wing” poisoned to be saved by Elon and it was already doomed

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

You just know that the overriding narrative will largely be that twitter was too “left wing” poisoned to be saved by Elon and it was already doomed

the internet left doesn't deserve that kind of compliment

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

"Actually Verified"? How much does THAT one cost?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tiny Timbs posted:

the internet left doesn't deserve that kind of compliment

I mean the in the ground left doesn’t deserve it either

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Darchangel posted:

"Actually Verified"? How much does THAT one cost?
44 billion

(it's probably part of a browser extension that makes it easier to clown on $8channers)

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The biggest threat to Elon's net worth is long-term damage to Tesla. Even before this debacle, auto industry analysts were saying that Tesla was going to lose a ton of market share to bigger traditional car companies who probably have the resources to make a better, more reliable, and less expensive EV. Elon's mythical reputation as a wizard and tech God inspiring loyalty from fans, and until a few years ago, a lot of people on the left who now hate him, were all needed for Tesla to survive competition long enough to adapt. But now that Elon has driven away a lot of customers and his reputation is shot to poo poo, Tesla's value is probably massively overinflated and the future is not bright. Over $150B of his net worth had been tied into Tesla stock, and if that company eventually flames out he's going to be..... well, still a billionaire, but just a mere normal billionaire only able to do smaller normal billionaire things.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Has he considered a sack lunch?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I said come in! posted:

jesus watching this guy try to get the approval of others is so sad and pathetic. Imagine being the wealthiest person on earth, you have gone to space, and you own an electric car company that skyrocketed electric cars to the forefront of automobiles, and you still have to lie to people about your interests because you manage to still be that boring of a person.

He has not even gone to space, he is like tiny baby space pioneer

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

They turned off the one of the things that auto-deleted some of the spam accounts that get made every day last week and now musk gets to keep saying that accounts keep going up up up.

https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1590601000863559680

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

this doesn't even prove anything. i can be asked, "do you watch basketball" and reply "lebron james".. that doesn't mean poo poo.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I said come in! posted:

jesus watching this guy try to get the approval of others is so sad and pathetic. Imagine being the wealthiest person on earth, you have gone to space, and you own an electric car company that skyrocketed electric cars to the forefront of automobiles, and you still have to lie to people about your interests because you manage to still be that boring of a person.

Not only that, but the interest you choose to pretend to have is...........anime

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hamelekim posted:

It’s more of a cash transfer from his other businesses to service debt at Twitter. Maybe it’s legal but it’s sad.

Yes but if his plan was to kill twitter why would be fund it from another company? This is proof he's not trying to destroy twitter he's actually a moron.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bugsy posted:

They turned off the one of the things that auto-deleted some of the spam accounts that get made every day last week and now musk gets to keep saying that accounts keep going up up up.

https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1590601000863559680

lol everything elon does is the dumbest, wrongest thing

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The most obvious anime.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

this doesn't even prove anything. i can be asked, "do you watch basketball" and reply "lebron james".. that doesn't mean poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeIr0FVJwGs

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Someone asks me if I’ve properly lurked Something Awful and I go “groverhaus :smug:” as if it’s not the most immediately googlable term

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
One of the most succinct and precise comments on guy. drat.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
trickle-me-down-elmo moscow is looking a little corncobbed, maybe his rethuglican pals don-old drumpftious and kanfivel goes-west can get him on the phone with badasmear poopin for a group therapy session!!!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Strong Sauce posted:

Probably because he found the fan wikipedia and regurgitated the first word he didn't recognize

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Wait, would knowing what Evangelion is make you cooler?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I love this movie!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I mean probably anime is pretty popular right now and has been increasing popularity in the last five or so years

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
mook: "here's a chart I made"
musk: "wow! data based decision making!"

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean probably anime is pretty popular right now and has been increasing popularity in the last five or so years

I am so old

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

madmatt112 posted:

Let’s hope medical woes engulf him soon

Medical woes bad enough to bankrupt Musk would be truly gruesome.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

they sell eva reboot shirts in hot topic now alongside the rick and morty stuff

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Strong Sauce posted:

It's more like replying David Stern

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So are we all

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I am exactly as cool as I was before I watched Evangelion.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

heavy liquid posted:

I love this movie!

Jonah Hill is a great actor

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

heavy liquid posted:

I love this movie!

Yeah, Waterboy is a classic

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Random Stranger posted:

Congratulations

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

Random Stranger posted:

How did you recover?

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/mnateshyamalan/status/1592287177542696963?s=46&t=NURVi01GJzIqqCMU3jXgbQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why are people ITT doing that thing they did (and still do :rolleyes:) with Trump where you deliberately misspell his name?

Because just like the Trump thread they need to run it completely into the ground until it loses any trace of humor. Much like my posting.