Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

heavy liquid posted:

I love this movie!

I associate that phrase with on cinema at the cinema.

Hey guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Except he’s grumbling about the MSM and professional journalism, with its nasty left wing bias.

His entire motivation for removing the verified check mark was to balance things out with “citizen journalism” which is quite obviously right wing social media screaming.

So, I feel like Musk has a couple layers of communication with the outside world. One layer is the online left, who is mean to him and constantly reminds him that, though powerful enough to buy entire communication platforms, he can’t buy being cool or clever. There’s the mainstream media, who is like a softer, more professional version of the online left in his eyes because it is gradually becoming unilaterally critical of him, reminding him that the whole end of history brain disease, which framed the existence of capitalist tech strivers like himself as an unambiguous good, is near fully passed through our system and now he’s just another rear end in a top hat with money. There’s the online right/musk fanatics, who offer him the hope that maybe those other two voices might just be full of poo poo, he’s actually cool, and his impulsive drive to possess the future is a salvational expression. Then, finally, there are his employees who are simply trying to continue being paid and advance their careers; they kiss his rear end or stay out of his way, but try to keep their interactions with his political desires as shallow and neutral as possible just because… why get involved with the psychosis of your volatile boss more than you need to?

You’d think his genuine, non-transactional friends and immediate family would be another layer, but I don’t believe he has any of the prior, and doesn’t speak with the latter.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

heavy liquid posted:

I love this movie!

Angry Chris Farley is my favorite SNL movie. Like Dancing Clubber Guys.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Moon Monster posted:

Medical woes bad enough to bankrupt Musk would be truly gruesome.

True. He would be a husk of a musk

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Angry Chris Farley is my favorite SNL movie. Like Dancing Clubber Guys.

(There actually was a Night at the Roxbury movie. It was horrible.)

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

quote:

Lost in an image, in a dream
But there's no one there to wake her up
And the world is spinning, and she keeps on winning
But tell me what happens when it stops?
They go
Isn't she lovely, this Hollywood girl?

And they say
She's so lucky, she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night? (Oh)

🤣🤣🤣🍀

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

heavy liquid posted:

I love this movie!

I don't remember this episode of that 70s show who is that yelling at Eric and Donna

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Verdugo posted:

Because just like the Trump thread they need to run it completely into the ground until it loses any trace of humor. Much like my posting.

As someone whose majority of posts are in iterations of a Trump thread and guilty of that, I agree. I don't post there anymore

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 15, 2022

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This dude's brain, vernacular, and cognitive handling has been entirely eaten by being deep-poo poo in bitcoins, which would basically explain all his business practices

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1592012792240181255?s=46&t=lbEYoiqo52sOFb8Zt5EX9Q
Literally replying to a bot that posts your own quotes. Musk might be the most pathetic man on earth

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Lmao
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1592301644666245120?t=d97qrBiJFiGQHZfNEzansw&s=19

Edit: screenshot in case

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol the department that does this absolutely has a musk bullshit alert and they are right to have and keep it into eternity

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1592012792240181255?s=46&t=lbEYoiqo52sOFb8Zt5EX9Q
Literally replying to a bot that posts your own quotes. Musk might be the most pathetic man on earth

Wow, normally the Twitter narcissist “thought leaders” only retweet their own bots

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Matt Foley goes to park his Tesla van down by the river but instead it accelerates to 80mph and takes out an entire boat of children

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
This is just a weird connection I came across today, but there's an SCP persona called "the slasher" who pays a shitton of cash for companies, rips out their entire infrastructure and makes them so shittily insolvable that multinational buyers can just step in for nothing and rebuild them on their terms

So, uh

That's a thing

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Chrpno posted:

Has he considered a sack lunch?

According to Grimes, he is a complete miser. They lived in a $44,000 house in a bad area, and lived off of peanut butter for a week. The guy is a billionaire and refuses to spend any of it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

postmodifier posted:

This is just a weird connection I came across today, but there's an SCP persona called "the slasher" who pays a shitton of cash for companies, rips out their entire infrastructure and makes them so shittily insolvable that multinational buyers can just step in for nothing and rebuild them on their terms

So, uh

That's a thing

Sounds like the Slasher is completely owned.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

postmodifier posted:

So, uh

That's a thing

I mean, that's basically like shitheel firms like Bain Capital do

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

According to Grimes, he is a complete miser. They lived in a $44,000 house in a bad area, and lived off of peanut butter for a week. The guy is a billionaire and refuses to spend any of it.

has anyone told him he can spend money for fun stuff that will make him happy?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

kazil posted:

Musk’s bioneurology is fuckled. There’s no happiness to be had. Only a dragon to chase

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

kazil posted:

The rush he got from buying Twitter is a dragon he's going to be chasing for the rest of his life

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

postmodifier posted:

So, uh

That's a thing

Jeez have you kids not seen Pretty Woman? That's what Richard Gere would do until Julia Hooker stepped in and then he started investing in a company with heart and soul and then George Constanza was like "she's a whore man a goddamned whore" and she came in with shopping bags and stuff and said "biig mistake". People's Choice award winner 1990! Look it up

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
he could buy 100 private islands, all with mansions, live in a different one every day stocked with anything he could ever want forever

but he chooses to sit hunched over in some $1000 herman miller office chair on a dirty rear end laptop making dumb twitter posts all day long

his brain is loving mush

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

God that poor girl.

If you've never been to one of her concerts, go sometime; she does great sets and handles bass in ways that not even Bassnectar touches.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Horsebanger posted:

Hey guys!

when you've got movies like John Belushi in 'em, you can't lose

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Philthy posted:

he could buy 100 private islands, all with mansions, live in a different one every day stocked with anything he could ever want forever

but he chooses to sit hunched over in some $1000 herman miller office chair on a dirty rear end laptop making dumb twitter posts all day long

his brain is loving mush

Elon Mush

(ACCOUNT SUSPENDED)

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Philthy posted:

his brain is loving mush

He's not even good at it. D- poster at best

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Philthy posted:

his brain is loving mush

How dare you make fun of a freedom fighter to give all the bots the freest of chud manipulation free speech!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I requested a download of all my twitter data earlier today, but haven’t received a download link yet. Maybe I was too late and Musk ripped out that system because he didn’t see any use. I bet the EU disagrees, though.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Philthy posted:

his brain is loving mush

Dumb as hell if you think he's sitting on something as pedestrian as a Herman Miller

He's sitting on that dumbshit sink he carried in, duh

Also every twitter video embed that's been posted in this thread the last three days is now a legit sideshow, I get 10 frames in a 40 second video, good job guys

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Horsebanger posted:

Hey guys!

Elon welcoming fired employees back to the office

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

postmodifier posted:

So, uh

That's a thing

Aren't SCPs supposed to be fictional?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Lmao, gently caress. I thought I was bad for being a cheapass even after getting a good computer janitor job.

How the gently caress do you force yourself and others to live in poverty conditions when you're blowing millions and billions on impulse? 1% of the twitter deal cost would set drat near anyone for life.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This sounds like the ftx guy that was showing off his Toyota carolla but has a $50 billion penthouse. Anytime he spends in the hood is some childish cosplay since he has multiple ex special ops bodyguards at all times.

On Joe Rogan musk said he sold his homes because it eliminated attack vectors or some dumb poo poo like that. As of not owning a home he is suffering like someone that has to worry about where to sleep.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If he put 0.5% of his wealth into the bank he would get $40,000,000 interest per annum

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chrpno posted:

Has he considered a sack lunch?

I gotta sack lunch for ya!

It's egg salad sandwich and pretzels, little cup of pears on the side. Sorry, money's tight right now.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Most of his wealth is theoretical, he does not have much in the way of liquid assets.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Isint their some late 90s footage of him taking delivery of a Bugatti?

Seems like he spends money.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

davecrazy posted:

Isint their some late 90s footage of him taking delivery of a Bugatti?

Seems like he spends money.

He bought his former employee/mistress a big mansion. He crashes/sleeps there on occasion and claims he has no houses because none are in his name. I'm sure he has lots more of such locations everywhere.

He does have these periodic manic episodes where he slept in a rental box on SpaceX runway for a week or got a roach apartment in the hood together with Grimes for a while. These look like roleplay things he does once in a while to tell himself he's normal. He once slept on a Tesla factory floor and has been using this story for years since then to force his employees to work 18-hour shifts.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Deki posted:

Lmao, gently caress. I thought I was bad for being a cheapass even after getting a good computer janitor job.

How the gently caress do you force yourself and others to live in poverty conditions when you're blowing millions and billions on impulse? 1% of the twitter deal cost would set drat near anyone for life.

That’s 400 million dollars holy gently caress