Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lobok posted:

Usually the trial has to conclude first before the judge sends them to the gallows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Carnac: "Ok now, three are coming to me. Wine, mango, and ep."
McMahon: "Hoho, 'ep'? Are you feeling ok, Carnac?"
Carnac: "My powers of prognostication are performing perfectly. Wine, mango, ep."
[opens envelope]
"-steen suicide is on the rise!"
McMahon: "Hiyooo!"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1590412031030661121

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

What size handgun, though? An S&W 500 would impress me.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What size handgun, though? An S&W 500 would impress me.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
“Cormac McCarthy and I got a divorce because I was just too hardcore” is quite an opening line.

Also, Anton She-gurh

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Ashes to asses, dust to butts

Whooping Crabs has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Nov 11, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ArmandDoma/status/1591132883598856194?s=20&t=C5jXezsd6gS_O0J9vSRplg

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well I'll admit that I wasn't sure what to make of the rise in polyamory in today's world but this proves it can be a force for good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/abigail1963/status/1590839415521570816

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bobjr posted:

polycule

I learned a new word today :tipshat:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

"was ran" is melting my loving brain

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I see 'ran' as the past participle of run so often that as a non-native speaker I've occasionally wondered if it's considered an acceptable alternative to 'run'.

Same with 'went' instead of 'gone', that one's also really common for some reason.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Grammar is stupid, rules be stupid, it's all dialects and fighting other peoples dialects is about as morally vanguardist as saying their food is disgusting

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Grammar is stupid, rules be stupid, it's all dialects and fighting other peoples dialects is about as morally vanguardist as saying their food is disgusting

Basically.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Literally

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

quote:

Alexander Tominsky — a.k.a. Philadelphia Chicken Man — says the self-imposed mission left him 'traumatized'

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know someone that works with him. He's apparently a pretty good dude.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/sallyrugg/status/1592092158202630144

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Who came up with 'ending violence against women = jetsky parade'?
How is that a sensical thought in anyone's mind? even if it's Australia we're discussing.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
It's an allegory; the jetskis represent men fighting against the tireless waves of violence against women (represented by the waves). But being sympathetic to women is gay, so said men (the jetskis) are being ridden by other men (who represent men) in a more-or-less SFW allegoric representation of sodomy.

e: you are right to notice that, as this allegory clearly demonstrates, women play no active role in any of this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“On one of Australia’s most iconic waterways, the jetski display puts the work of violence prevention front and centre, igniting conversations that, in our hope, will inspire people to take action to effect change at the local level,” Mr Ball said.

ok they have a history of stupid stuff:

quote:

Australian charity White Ribbon has taken down an appeal and offered an apology after being accused of asking people to donate educate men around violence prevention.

The campaign, which went up on Twitter and Facebook, showed the image of a man wearing a White Ribbon pin, with the words “$49: Educate one man in person around violence prevention”. An identical campaign ad for online education was asking for $19.

https://twitter.com/AngeMaryClaire/status/1562360719286599681

quote:

A White Ribbon Australia senior representative has been slammed after suggesting the domestic violence charity sell 'wife beater' singlets to raise money.

The person suggested selling the merchandise for $1,000 and including a QR code on the item that would direct users to a domestic violence awareness website.

A member of the charity said the representative aired the idea after it was put forward to them by a third party campaign agency.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:wtc:
I know that many charities are just some rich moron's excuse to look compassionate but this one must be run by the universe's laziest do-no-research alien visitors.
I'd just like to say gently caress you Glirp Nimk of tau ceti beta! This isn't a game for us, so get serious or bugger off.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

See, it's starting powerful conversations already

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You're missing the obvious point of having the angriest dudes ride the noisiest machines around the beach ruining everyones day though. It will turn the tide on violence against women.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
This whole group sounds like they're just trolling the idea of being opposed to domestic violence, or like a pro-abuse op or something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They sound like people who can't understand why Homer was fired from his bowling alley job for trying to attract customers by firing a shotgun outside of it.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Comedian Jay Leno has been taken to hospital after his face was burned in his Los Angeles garage when one of his cars burst into flames.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

The weirdest part about this headline is that the car was not a Tesla.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The former late-night TV host, an avid car collector, was burned on the left side of his face and hands in a gasoline incident in his car garage this weekend, a Grossman Burn Center spokesperson told CNN. His eye and ear were not severely damaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Y-pSpnN7M

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

trapped mouse posted:

The weirdest part about this headline is that the car was not a Tesla.

Hey! My car has an alibi!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jay Leno's Flamin' Hot Garage

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
hopefully his chin is ok

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/bbcworldservice/status/1591802276116680706

“Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? They're saying I burnt myself working on one of my cars, Unbelievable!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ooh I remember when that happened, it was the funny thing to talk about for a week, even got referenced in 'the IT Crowd'
Go watch it on the tube if you haven't, the poor guy just trying to go with whatever the interviewer mistakenly asks out of sheer panic.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

It also got him an appearance as a "Mystery Guest" on one of the Big Fat Quizzes, though I can't remember if it was for that year or one of the decade specials.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Germansimp posted:

It also got him an appearance as a "Mystery Guest" on one of the Big Fat Quizzes, though I can't remember if it was for that year or one of the decade specials.

2006 is the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Ooh I remember when that happened, it was the funny thing to talk about for a week, even got referenced in 'the IT Crowd'
Go watch it on the tube if you haven't, the poor guy just trying to go with whatever the interviewer mistakenly asks out of sheer panic.

He does so well at answering the questions, too. That's not sarcasm, he gives the kind of "non-answers" that actual experts give, so it sounds like he knows what he's talking about.