Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Dont worry, Zelensky is strictly enforcing dude process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

yes, hello, i would like to speak to the nationalist militia’s manager

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

can someone tell me why the everyone's still obsessed over what dugin says and does

russian steve bannon

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

lot of teachers going to get murdered

Somewhere in the world, Bill Gates is smiling because you said this.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

mlmp08 posted:

I found the part you made up.

The US did force Vietnam to pay back loans taken by the Republic of Vietnam in the 1990s as a stipulation for Vietnam to enter the "normal" economic community, which is exploitative and hosed up, but you can point that out without lying about what the payments were for and saying they were paying for bombs.

lmao imagine being this gullible and or plain stupid

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the United States is merely rejuvenating the Cambodian economy with deficit spending and the naive Khmer continue to resist

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Nonsense posted:

the United States is merely rejuvenating the Cambodian economy with deficit spending and the naive Khmer continue to resist

But the US didn't expect a visionary to come along and escape their debt trap with this one simple trick!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

someone make a "secretary pol pot my people cry out for x" joke so I won't have to feel guilty about it

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Pol pot kept those pots full, say what you will about what he filled those pots with

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Marzzle posted:

someone make a "secretary pol pot my people cry out for x" joke so I won't have to feel guilty about it

Mr. Pot please send safe deposit box full of C4, my people yearn for debt relief

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

420 Gank Mid posted:

lmao imagine being this gullible and or plain stupid

hosed up to assume that the Vietnamese are a bunch of feckless liars who pay America for bombing them, but assume what you will about the Vietnamese government.

It's entirely possible to hate the US for a variety of reasons without denigrating the Vietnamese leadership so hard.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the khmer rouge are probably a rough chuckles gold mine for the bravest among us...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mlmp08 posted:

hosed up to assume that the Vietnamese are a bunch of feckless liars who pay America for bombing them, but assume what you will about the Vietnamese government.

It's entirely possible to hate the US for a variety of reasons without denigrating the Vietnamese leadership so hard.

no one buys your shtick

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bonelessdongs posted:

Mr. Pot please send safe deposit box full of C4, my people yearn for debt relief

i have never noticed the uncanny resemblance to elon musk before

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
that's a set up if anyone's game enough to take the dunk

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

crepeface posted:

no one buys your shtick

My schtick is that I check the most basic facts when they sound real wild and I don’t assume Vietnam is full of total morons and pushovers.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

crepeface posted:

no one buys your shtick

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

crepeface posted:

Many people already have

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

crepeface posted:

i have never noticed the uncanny resemblance to elon musk before

oh my god

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

crepeface posted:

Musk will return more intellectuals to the countryside than any leader since Comrade Pot

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

mlmp08, kandahar, 2012: hosed up that you would reduce this to a “massacre”. why do you deny the brave afghan people their agency? are they just victims to you??

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Man pol pot had a strong Rhodesian chin

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bonelessdongs posted:

Many people already have

Isentropy posted:

Musk will return more intellectuals to the countryside than any leader since Comrade Pot

:pusheen:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quick reminder Pol Pot was backed by the US

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

due process for military court at like, the very least. is there no one in the Ukrainian government who sees a big problem with murdering lots of people consequence-free? won't this have big long-term ramifications on the relationship between Ukraine and its citizens? i understand that the answer is "no, they don't care." but I don't get how they're prioritizing their goals

due process is a fake idea lmao

any cop in america can kill any random civilian they want and no court will convict them

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Also I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it to NHD but Ukraine in the Crossfire is a good source book to understand why the purging of "pro-Russians" might happen.

To a normal person it makes more sense if you explain how the security services have been taken over by fascists and the beliefs that they hold. And what positions really matter in government - cute Z is president, IMF people run finance and Nazis control many of the guns.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

genericnick posted:

It's an easy name to remember even if you speak no Russian

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Making a literal adult child who never posted here until like 3 months ago the mod here was an excellent troll

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I think if you talk to someone outside about Ukraine and say "there are plans to murder teachers who taught Russia approved content to kindergarteners" the first response someone might have is "that can't possibly be true. There must be something that prevents that. It's insane" but that's all I really have to say about it if you're going to be rude

christ almighty

this is such a wild naive thing to say that I am physically stunned

you should spend a solid, full day doing nothing but reading about the history of american intervention in south american conflicts

you will never again question the limits of human depravity in conflict (or what the US will accept from their allies)

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Nov 15, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I think if you talk to someone outside about Ukraine and say "there are plans to murder teachers who taught Russia approved content to kindergarteners" the first response someone might have is "that can't possibly be true. There must be something that prevents that. It's insane" but that's all I really have to say about it if you're going to be rude

I hadn't heard about the amnesty thing, Jesus christ. I've never heard of anything like this happening before. It's probably terrifying to be a ukranian living near the front anyway, but the added risk of being identified as a collaborator and extra judicially killed must be hell on your mental health

You don't need to pay attention to it but Ukraine situation is bad.

Like when Kharkiv happened some Azov guy accidentally posted a video of his group dumping bodies in a mass grave, and then had to backtrack saying it was actually a video he got from a phone of a dead Russian.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Isentropy posted:

Definition of intellectual may drift over time.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

StashAugustine posted:

Still backed by Noam Chomsky!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

DancingShade posted:

Definition of intellectual may drift over time.

MUCH LIKE THE DUST OF THE INTELLECTUALS BLEACHED SKULLS

:black101:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mirthless posted:

christ almighty

you should spend a solid, full day doing nothing but reading about the history of american intervention in south american conflicts

you will never again question the limits of human depravity in conflict (or what the US will accept from their allies)

Agree tbh. NeatHeteroDude: I recommend Killing Hope by William Blum to start with

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mirthless posted:

christ almighty

I blame the history channel not having non stop hitler documentaries anymore

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mirthless posted:

christ almighty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008