Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

HonorableTB posted:

i can no longer tell if elon is deliberately destroying twitter because he never wanted to pay for it in the first place and $44 billion still leaves him with 200 more billions, or if he truly is this stupid. or both

It’s both, sort-of.

Elon has really, really obviously resigned himself to the fact that Twitter will never be profitable and that he’s spent 44 billion dollars (and counting) on trash. He’s not “destroying the company”, though, because the company was already DOA as far as he was concerned.

So Musk is genuinely running Twitter for “fun” at this point. It’s just that his idea of “fun” is to run a company, turning the whole thing into his own personal libertopia. The goal is to make Twitter into a website purely devoted to himself, regardless of whether it makes money (because it won’t). It’s like if Elon accidentally bought a McDonalds location, and decided to just lock the doors, paint the walls in ketchup, and play in the ball pit for hours at a time.

The twin pressures of public scrutiny and the dull awareness that he’s spent 44 billion dollars on this are what give everything the stink of desperation. He’s trying to prove to the world that he’s not owned and has the bestest little exclusive website, and that’s going exceptionally badly. It’s all tacky and moronic.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Zil posted:

Most of his wealth is theoretical, he does not have much in the way of liquid assets.

This is true, but even the most dire consequences for him, short of going to actual prison, will still leave him in extreme luxury for the rest of his life.

Like, he can lose 99.99% of his net worth and still be in the top 1%. Even if all the banks and creditors and lawyers and feds teamed up and seized every single thing he owns, leaving him in his underwear on the side of the Delaware turnpike, he could pick up a seven figure contract as the new technology analyst for Fox News the next day.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

His wealth is all in cryptocurrency isn't it

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

People are expecting Trump to announce that he's running tomorrow. I don't think Twitter will even make it to the World Cup.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SirPhoebos posted:

People are expecting Trump to announce that he's running tomorrow. I don't think Twitter will even make it to the World Cup.

WoW: Dragonflight releases tomorrow

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

I gotta sack lunch for ya!

It's egg salad sandwich and pretzels, little cup of pears on the side. Sorry, money's tight right now.

drat son, I'm not much for egg salad but that's not too bad. Not too bad at all.

Everyone post your sack. Sack gang gotta stick together. :hai:

this is not an invitation for Wayne Gretzky

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 15, 2022

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

His wealth is all in cryptocurrency isn't it

Tesla stock actually. And you're close in the sense that it's wildly overvalued and he can't sell without crashing the price.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SirPhoebos posted:

he's going to announce he's running, but he's referring to the seal around his legs of his adult diapers

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

According to Grimes, he is a complete miser. They lived in a $44,000 house in a bad area, and lived off of peanut butter for a week. The guy is a billionaire and refuses to spend any of it.

Uh why wouldn't she just buy some groceries

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Maybe she just really likes peanut butter, and it was the other stuff that was the problem

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Maybe she just really likes peanut butter, and it was the other stuff that was the problem

Maybe there was a crunchy vs. creamy schism

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh, Elon's probably a crunchy guy, isn't he :yikes:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

IShallRiseAgain posted:

According to Grimes, he is a complete miser. They lived in a $44,000 house in a bad area, and lived off of peanut butter for a week. The guy is a billionaire and refuses to spend any of it.

I don't believe any of that and neither should you or anyone else.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

based on her shopping lists for the boat voyage down the mighty mississippi, grimes might have even less understanding of groceries than musk

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Zil posted:

Most of his wealth is theoretical, he does not have much in the way of liquid assets.

DickParasite posted:

Tesla stock actually. And you're close in the sense that it's wildly overvalued and he can't sell without crashing the price.

Most of his wealth is unrealized and overvalued, but he's still sold off like $36 billion in stock over the past year. It's theoretical but he can theoretically generate insane amounts of cash on demand. He just only does it in moronic circumstances apparently.

As for crashing the prices of his businesses... lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

madmatt112 posted:

That’s 400 million dollars holy gently caress

$441,000,000

but what's the diff
lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the big win isnt musk going broke because he never will its him losing everyones attention so he cant do poo poo like kill cali's plan for a high speed rail because he doesnt like trains

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Waffle House posted:

God that poor girl.

If you've never been to one of her concerts, go sometime; she does great sets and handles bass in ways that not even Bassnectar touches.

wow not even bassnectar??

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Waffle House posted:

WoW: Dragonflight releases tomorrow

poo poo, really? WoW's really fallen from grace when none of my nerd friends are talking about it on expansion eve.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't believe any of that and neither should you or anyone else.

I'm not sure whats so unbelievable about Musk being a miser. He very much wants to project the image of a self-made man from humble beginnings. He probably also spends most of his time getting in the way of his employees and barely spends time at his house.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Deki posted:

poo poo, really? WoW's really fallen from grace when none of my nerd friends are talking about it on expansion eve.

No. The xpac launches after Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow is prepatch events and the new dragon race/class.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/14/23459244/twitter-elon-musk-blue-verification-internal-warnings-ignored
Elon Musk ignored Twitter’s internal warnings about his paid verification scheme

No surprises here really:

quote:

Days before the November 9th launch, the company’s trust and safety team had prepared a seven-page list of recommendations intended to help Musk avoid the most obvious and damaging consequences of his plans for Blue. The document, which was obtained by Platformer, predicts with eerie accuracy some of the events that follow.

quote:

It was presented to Esther Crawford, a director of product management at the company who in recent weeks has risen to become one of Musk’s top lieutenants. Musk was briefed as well, sources said, as was his attorney Alex Spiro. And while Crawford appeared sympathetic to many of the concerns in the document, sources said, she declined to implement any suggestions that would delay the launch of Blue. (Crawford did not respond to a request for comment.)

But:

quote:

Employees continue to show a great deal of solidarity among one another. But not to the coterie of volunteer venture capitalists and on-loan engineers from Tesla and the Boring Company that have been carrying out Musk’s orders: those they refer to universally, including on Slack, as “the goons.”

THIS IS LIBEL!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Why does he have a boner for cars? think about how many people could kill if he made a self driving train

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm not sure whats so unbelievable about Musk being a miser. He very much wants to project the image of a self-made man from humble beginnings. He probably also spends most of his time getting in the way of his employees and barely spends time at his house.

You can't believe that the world's richest man and his super famous pop-star wife lived in cheap house in a bad neighbourhood.

Do you get how absurd the picture she's trying to paint is?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1592308273071681536
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1591857120768843776

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Klyith posted:

based on her shopping lists for the boat voyage down the mighty mississippi, grimes might have even less understanding of groceries than musk

Lmao gently caress me I forgot all about that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Why does he have a boner for cars? think about how many people could kill if he made a self driving train

Trains have many advantages in terms of killing people, but until they are able to freely travel without the use of preexisting tracks their overall capability is fundamentally limited

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

Trains have many advantages in terms of killing people, but until they are able to freely travel without the use of preexisting tracks their overall capability is fundamentally limited

Yet another capitalist pig who doesn't want to put in the effort of building a better society where we simply tie people to the tracks

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1586044469262299138
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1589426843522076672
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1590413667233038336
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1591857907184070656
https://twitter.com/sachee/status/1592311202868494336

She knew what she was doing, and I salute her for it. It's dare I say it, SA worthy.

tech lead/staff software eng @twitter was her role.

Good luck replacing all these people, Elon, you douche.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

You can't believe that the world's richest man and his super famous pop-star wife lived in cheap house in a bad neighbourhood.

Yeah I don’t buy this either. Dude has some kind of top tier security team and all that he’s not just crashing in some flophouse.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

quote:

They named the boat "Velvet Glove Cast in Iron" and renamed themselves "Veruschka and Zelda Xox" for the trip, as the Tribune reports.

Boucher and Gratz painted murals with "fantastical creatures" on the side of the vessel, which they filled with live chickens, a sewing machine, and 20 pounds of potatoes.

:allears:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There’s no better evidence for him growing up insanely wealthy than how hard he cosplays as poor. Nobody who grew up struggling to pay rent or make grocery budgets ever does the “I’m so humble” poo poo he pulls

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Musk and Grimes are really a stack overflow of stupid.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Deki posted:

The mount flight has been overhauled to be fun to use, and it's really pretty. But my guy, let me tell you, that is just the shot, here is the chaser:

now we know that elon musk doesn'r actually do anything, we know that everyone else itt is better than this dumbfuck and it feels good

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Musk and Grimes are really a stack overflow of stupid.

Her shenanigans are cheeky and fun! His shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m way smarter than Elon just for the mere fact I wouldn’t have bought Twitter even if I had the money to. I’m a stupid dum dum and even I could see the thing never really made money.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ror posted:

Her shenanigans are cheeky and fun! His shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Evil shenanigans.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I may be severely underestimating how bad an area can get, but where the hell are you going to find anything selling for $44,000 in LA or the Bay area?

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Does Musk even have any hobbies? Beyond desperately trying to be a Twitter Superstar, to the point he bought the entire platform to give himself a leg up, he doesn’t seem to have anything to do in his life.

He literally is the most boring individual in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He throws money at things.

like for example, the white lumpy beach bod pic was taken summer or spring of this year ? and then throw money at the problem till he could fit into his dumb halloween outfit.