Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

what are these jiggly brussels sprouts alien isopods?

please don't tell me i'm experiencing small pastry blindness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1592166356400611328

Screenshot for if/when twitter dies:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They hadn't invented cholesterol back then, so it was probably okay

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

hallo spacedog posted:

Are the eels in question the same or different than like, unagi eels

Unagi is mostly japanese eel, Anguilla japonica. Eel in the UK is the close relative, European eel, Anguilla anguilla.

European eel is on the verge of going extinct, stocks are down >90% since the 1980s, because of overfishing. The Japanese eel is endangered, but not critially endangered.

Eel can't be farmed. Eel spawn is caught and raised on farms, but we pretty much know nothing on how eels breed.

Please don't eat any kind of eel. :(

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
remmebr this lol
https://twitter.com/BorednHungry/status/1512873861145976833

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yep that's just the face that would attract me to dine someplace else
And if you know what that poo poo stands for you either find the theme unattractively stupid or you believe yourself too good to be eating at a place like that.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

axolotl farmer posted:

Unagi is mostly japanese eel, Anguilla japonica. Eel in the UK is the close relative, European eel, Anguilla anguilla.

European eel is on the verge of going extinct, stocks are down >90% since the 1980s, because of overfishing. The Japanese eel is endangered, but not critially endangered.

Eel can't be farmed. Eel spawn is caught and raised on farms, but we pretty much know nothing on how eels breed.

Please don't eat any kind of eel. :(

It was actually recently discovered where European eels breed, turns out they migrate about 10,000 km to the Sargasso sea.

But yes, don't eat eels!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FFT posted:

we have such delights to serve you

...Turkish delights?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Okay it actually sounds grosser than it is, because it sounds like ranch dressing in water, but actually it's tequila in carbonated water.

Here's another:

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1587967292679360512

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SlothfulCobra posted:

Okay it actually sounds grosser than it is, because it sounds like ranch dressing in water, but actually it's tequila in carbonated water.

Here's another:

Yeah ranch water is just a tequila highball. They’ve been around for a bit but I think some company started making a canned version so it’s seeing more popularity outside of Texas.

e: gonna make a ranch water with the Thirsty Dog

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ror posted:

Release the meat from its prison!

If you insist

ZZZIIIIIPPPP!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Where's the floating flakes of dill and chive? It should look like Goldschlager but green. Greenschlager.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

yeah ranch water I think predates ranch dressing as an idea

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SlothfulCobra posted:

Here's another:

JFC don’t give carbonated beverages to your pets

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

More fish soda for me, then!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
riding the subway, i make uncomfortably long and intimate eye contact with you which only ends as i take a great big swallow of my fish seltzer.

i burp contentedly and resume staring.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1592319621256073216

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Chunkolate fountain.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

We all have days like this.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I hope that Golden Corral guy is doing okay

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Okay, what about

https://twitter.com/BuschBeer/status/1579865933341810688

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pretty sure those aren’t carbonated so they’re probably fine in moderation :shrug:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It just takes a little bit of water to do this to melted chocolate right?
It probably happens pretty often

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ror posted:

I think it's another haggis-esque stuffed offal sack. Not sure the contents of it though.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

EoinCannon posted:

It just takes a little bit of water to do this to melted chocolate right?
It probably happens pretty often

Yeah it’s just seized. If you were making a chocolate sauce in a pan you would just try adding some more liquid to it to thin it out and get it flowing again, but I don’t know how you reliably do that in a fountain.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Turkey Flavored Dog Brew

TURKEY FLAVORED Dog Brew

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sir Lemming posted:

Turkey Flavored Dog Brew

TURKEY FLAVORED Dog Brew

Has the exact same cadence as "Children love the meat tank", could envision Hot Dad belting it out as a whole song. 10/10

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

uber_stoat posted:

i'm going to open the first restaurant to specialize in Wad-based cuisine.

When I fantasize about owning a restaurant, one of the sections of the menu will just be labeled "Mess". You pick (broadly) a carb, a meat, and a fluid, and we'll scramble them all together or pour two atop a third. Ramen, egg, and ham. Potatoes, Velveeta, and bacon bits. Wheat toast, ground beef, and cream gravy. Pumpernickel, alfredo, and liver.

In terms of getting nutrition into your body, it's a decent enough application. But I'm under no illusions that it's something appealing enough to go out for regularly.

KataraniSword posted:

Has the exact same cadence as "Children love the meat tank", could envision Hot Dad belting it out as a whole song. 10/10

Also the same cadence as "Panasonic Blu-Ray"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

AARD VARKMAN posted:

haggis-esque stuffed offal sack
This thread really does generate the most amazing phrases.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dareon posted:

When I fantasize about owning a restaurant, one of the sections of the menu will just be labeled "Mess". You pick (broadly) a carb, a meat, and a fluid, and we'll scramble them all together or pour two atop a third. Ramen, egg, and ham. Potatoes, Velveeta, and bacon bits. Wheat toast, ground beef, and cream gravy. Pumpernickel, alfredo, and liver.

In terms of getting nutrition into your body, it's a decent enough application. But I'm under no illusions that it's something appealing enough to go out for regularly.

It's the Waffle House bowl of stuff, and I love it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

It's beer! For dogs!

quote:

We brew a special kind of beer just for dogs. Potent in a good way, it contains beef base, malt extract and K9 Glucosamine. Don’t worry – this brew is alcohol-free! Your dog will love to lap up Beer Paws Doggy Beer anytime, but we recommend splashing some on their regular meals. Adding the beer is a great way to enhance the appetite of a finicky or older dog. You can also freeze the beer in ice cube trays for a refreshing treat on a hot day.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Ror posted:

comrade, giant isopods were my first impression as well, because i also thought the first dish of boiling fleshy things were deep-sea thermophile tube worms. i figured it was like a Mariana trench sourced seafood course, at one of those pop-up restaurants they probably have on the Plane of Suffering

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

You can eat those isopods but they are apparently not very tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-UuS_YSPKk

Not sure I recommend this vid but it's interesting.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Ebola Dog posted:

It was actually recently discovered where European eels breed, turns out they migrate about 10,000 km to the Sargasso sea.

But yes, don't eat eels!

A Swedish journalist wrote a great book on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%85levangeliet

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Freaquency posted:

Yeah it’s just seized. If you were making a chocolate sauce in a pan you would just try adding some more liquid to it to thin it out and get it flowing again, but I don’t know how you reliably do that in a fountain.

I read somewhere ages ago that most chocolate fountains have the chocolate mixed with cooking oil so it runs smoothly

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SuddenCactus posted:

I read somewhere ages ago that most chocolate fountains have the chocolate mixed with cooking oil so it runs smoothly

Both before and after you eat it

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

It's beer! For dogs!

Gonna get a dog with sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt so I can catch some of the overflow bikini babes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Dareon posted:

Fries, cheese curds, gravy. Ça va faire une maudite poutine!