Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would it take for you to watch Dana White's Power Slap League?
This poll is closed.
Dana White gets slapped at the beginning of each episode 11 22.92%
Dana's rotating cast of friends and politicians getting slapped on each episode 11 22.92%
Fight Circus crossover 5 10.42%
Literally no force on Earth will make me watch slap fighting 21 43.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think it was Paul Pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hadn’t noticed this before, but when Rumble finally peels his hand away from the Kimora attempt, Bader just immediately covers up and waits to get destroyed rather than actually try anything to prevent his impending doom. He doesn’t even take a hit first.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I think it was Paul Pot.

paul pot's bad parlay beat seemed to be, and let me pause first to lmfao, he bet on Brendan Schaub to beat Big Nogueira

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

Lmao this sounds like something that would happen to me but I'd definitely remember it if it was.

Fentry posted:

I haven't posted here in a while because I'm still healing from going 11/12 on a multi event parlay and having it broken by Tito Ortiz winning. My confidence has been pretty shot since then

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

In 2012, when the Machida puzzle had at least one solution, Bader still thought it was to leap at him throwin haymakers.
Oh gently caress I remember that fight now. It was like Bader ran into a post.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Oh gently caress I remember that fight now. It was like Bader ran into a post.

Yeah, it was like how Forrest lunged wildly at Anderson Silva years after that was clearly a bad idea, except forrest griffin was less likeable in this version.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

loving ooooof

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Everyone should watch the movie Bloodz Vs Wolvez tonight, available now on TUBI

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Fight Week, Pets Week begins with the pets of Invicta 50 athletes!

Katharina Lehner's dog

Danni McCormack has 3 pups

Maira Mazar's lil Tofu

Valesca Machado's dog, Morena

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another funny part of the bader-rumble vid is how the ref sees that Bader has just gone full defensive but still lets Rumble punch him deep into unconsciousness anyway

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
All the Ryan Bader talk reminded me of this

Keith Jardine executing the best sprawl ever seen

I tried to find a gif to show it in all it's glory but no luck, it's incredible how quickly he gets his face on the mat

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Keptbroom posted:

I tried to find a gif to show it in all it's glory but no luck, it's incredible how quickly he gets his face on the mat

Hahaha, I have got to see this in action.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Aye Doc posted:

paul pot's bad parlay beat seemed to be, and let me pause first to lmfao, he bet on Brendan Schaub to beat Big Nogueira
That was a wild ride:

Paul Pot posted:

i was ordered to spend a month on stormfront to improve my posting and it didn't even help my mma betting

Paul Pot posted:

I'd bet on Johnson and Kos, but an arch-jew stole my earnings because I didn't read the fine print of the fine print. :<

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Type Date Horrible Jerk Punishment Reason Requested By Approved By
BAN 02/04/13 10:29am Paul Pot Think of this forum as a woman - it doesn't want you inside it either. fatherdog Debbie Metallica

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

Hahaha, I have got to see this in action.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
Just as beautiful as I remember

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Keptbroom posted:

Thanks I haven’t seen Jardine On Canvas in years.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

From the still, I thought the other guy slammed Jardine down face first.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I miss Jardine. He was so weird but still dangerous to win fights. Who is Keith Jardine in 2022.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I miss Jardine. He was so weird but still dangerous to win fights. Who is Keith Jardine in 2022.

IIRC he's a sanctioned MMA Referee in some states?

e: I realize now youre probably asking who is the Jardine of 2022 :ughh:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Perfection

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

CM Punk

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh wait, you said "win fights", and Punk is 0-2-1 as of 2022.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

CommonShore posted:

Saw some extremely herky jerky movement from Reyes on Saturday

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

poo poo, I'll toss Jordan Leavitt in the ring as neo-Jardine. He's got a weird style and still manages to beat some dudes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

lmao

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

CommonShore posted:

I always think of The Dean of Mean as one of the best guys to ruin almost any MMAth equation because of his ability to win and lose to anyone, so I would go with Michael Johnson, Clay Guida, and Anthony Pettis. all have confounding losses (Johnson to Guida recently and losing to Reza Madadi in between beating Tony/Edson/Dustin, Pettis to Guida before he was champ, Guida to Bermudez when he was still a "top guy" or any of his others later on)...

...but also some great wins: Johnson's aforementioned wins, Pettis dethroning Benson and KOing Wonderboy, Guida breaking RDA's jaw and beating Nate and Pettis.

with the exception of Khabib, you could probably say "they beat this guy who beat..." about pretty much every LW of the last 10-12 years between the three of them. but you could also say the reverse.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
the fact that clay guida can be the 2022 keith jardine is weird to me. I associate them as the same era and the fact that guida is still fighting is very :psyduck: to me

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Guida low key rules. The dude has been around so long that I automatically assume his training regime is old school as hell, like a punching bag on the verandah, but his cardio is insane and he keeps winning at about a 50% rate. He should be a shuffling bag of poo poo from fight miles, but he's a coin flip to win. It's insane. He's living proof this sport is dumb as hell.

Shame he's kinda boring.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Nov 15, 2022

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I come into this thread and get violent reminders of my parlay being ruined by Tito loving Ortiz. It was a three event 12 fight parlay I went 11-12 on that would have netted me thousands

On a different note I seriously miss 10-15 years ago when tons of guys had clear faults in their game that made gambling easier, everyone now is too good

Fentry fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 15, 2022

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Keptbroom posted:

Untrue, the mobn sprawl exists

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
mma is full of mad poo poo but rumble fighting at 170 is truly deranged

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hollandia posted:

Guida low key rules. The dude has been around so long that I automatically assume his training regime is old school as hell, like a punching bag on the verandah, but his cardio is insane and he keeps winning at about a 50% rate. He should be a shuffling bag of poo poo from fight miles, but he's a coin flip to win. It's insane. He's living proof this sport is dumb as hell.

Shame he's kinda boring.

he is possessed by the ghost of hammer house and making his opponents argh, dang it to satiate its bloodlust for double legs

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Fentry posted:

On a different note I seriously miss 10-15 years ago when tons of guys had clear faults in their game that made gambling easier, everyone now is too good

I got into MMA in the mid 2000's because it was funny. It was the only sport where most people seemed pretty bad at it. Every fighter was like Eli Manning, capable of something incredible or something extremely stupid at any given moment. My fandom stuck as the fighters got better, but if I was a teenager in 2022 I'm not so sure I would fall in love with the sport the same way

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blue footed boobie posted:

I hadn’t noticed this before, but when Rumble finally peels his hand away from the Kimora attempt, Bader just immediately covers up and waits to get destroyed rather than actually try anything to prevent his impending doom. He doesn’t even take a hit first.

I saw that, too. That's how you can tell just how terrified he was.

The rogan commentary on the fight was great. He spends the entire time dissecting just how hosed Bader is. I think the only way to watch it with that is to pull it up on fight pass.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Guida was pretty cool when I met him after being upgraded to floor seats at one of the Montréal shows. He’s also far more chill than his walk-out routine and in-cage antics would suggest.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Clay Guida has always been good and I have held this as one of the faithful forever.

Also PFL announced their inaugural pay-per-view next week will cost fifty bucks, so good fuckin' luck with that one

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheTofuShop posted:

IIRC he's a sanctioned MMA Referee in some states?

e: I realize now youre probably asking who is the Jardine of 2022 :ughh:

doesn't matter still interesting. I haven't seen him ref. He has done some acting too - has his SAG card!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea it was cool when for a while he'd keep popping up in the background of random shows I was watching

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Dana's White Power Slap Press Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSDeGysOOPo

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fentry posted:

I come into this thread and get violent reminders of my parlay being ruined by Tito loving Ortiz. It was a three event 12 fight parlay I went 11-12 on that would have netted me thousands

I just miss that era because it made it way easier to remember who was who. "Oh yeah, he's the guy who doesn't know what a jab is, as distinct from the guy who does, but would take twenty minutes and a diagram to explain what a kick is"

Now it's like "Well, he's got a solid power jab as long as he's established a dominant lead foot, but only against orthodox fighters with an active lead hand."

reeg posted:

I got into MMA in the mid 2000's because it was funny. It was the only sport where most people seemed pretty bad at it. Every fighter was like Eli Manning, capable of something incredible or something extremely stupid at any given moment. My fandom stuck as the fighters got better, but if I was a teenager in 2022 I'm not so sure I would fall in love with the sport the same way

It's more like a single, actual sport, rather than one where the best soccer players, rugby players, nfl players and people who do curling are all playing each other's sports simultaneously and being terrible at at least three of them. I remember Paulo Thiago desperately trying to box with Martin Kampmann very fondly.

CommonShore posted:

doesn't matter still interesting. I haven't seen him ref. He has done some acting too - has his SAG card!

He's been killed by John Wick, Joaquin Phoenix, Steve Austin and the Punisher