Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1592614508442578945?s=20&t=2wsFRB42QSfTc5zR7jSRTA

that’s right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ardennes posted:

Are a bunch of sentient s-300 systems posting now?

lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Russian strikes on Ukraine are still continuing too from the sound of it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1592621643754799105

yep

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm hoping it's just a car that caught fire. The video doesn't show any blast, just flames.

Russian missiles

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a9qW4Vo_460sv.mp4
nato army already assembling

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Poland must be saved

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sergei Markov posted:

We must remember that World War II began because of Poland. Because of the arrogance and self-confidence of the Polish leadership. And because of the insane Russophobia of Poland. They then disrupted the formation of the anti-Hitler coalition, because out of hatred for Russia they did not allow the Red Army troops to go through Poland to beat Hitler's Wehrmacht. The Poles, then, hoped to march with the Wehrmacht on Red Square in Moscow. Then they hoped to beat Germany. In general, the Polish leaders are madmen and warmongers. And now they can start World War III again.
(from t.me/logikamarkova/4272, via tgsa)

not sure this is correct, historically

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Making a literal adult child who never posted here until like 3 months ago the mod here was an excellent troll

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1592598053395267584?s=20&t=mw4Haz7cwfTDwuiU3F6BgQ

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

bonelessdongs posted:

Mr. Pot please send safe deposit box full of C4, my people yearn for debt relief

Elong Pot??

bonelessdongs posted:

Many people already have

I really need to spend more time looking at pictures of Pol Pot

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

We will see what the targets were.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JakubKrupa/status/1592628502108704768?s=20&t=7beijljECLb4MVoSQoQ5Gw

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

crepeface posted:

lmfao, you think dugin communicates with putin via human language rather than through psychic communion through the astral plane, warded from outside observation with the most powerful runes of protection?

you imbecile

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

There is an urgent conversation between Presidents @AndrzejDuda and @POTUS @JoeBiden.
https://twitter.com/prezydentpl/status/1592630508303052800?s=20&t=7beijljECLb4MVoSQoQ5Gw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

putin should have asked assad to switch wars with him

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
They targeted grain dryers.

Grain Dryers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on doing nothing. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little dry grain saying we did.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

destruction of the grain elevator was actually the lynchpin to Russia's strategy

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1592616310634336257

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
‘Swyjy this is the driest grain I’ve ever seen, how did you do it?’ ‘Well… trade secret’

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
accident was intentional lol

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pretend I posted that crackpot theory that was apparently taught in Ukrainian primary schools based on a forged codex that Ukrainians migrated into the steppe from Babylonia

speng31b
May 8, 2010

dieselfruit posted:

destruction of the grain elevator was actually the lynchpin to Russia's strategy

drat, whose going to probe the polish senate for bloodlust

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

wow cool graphics

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

it's kind of dumb, rockets generally make it through any defense system.

i'm no frosted flake but iirc missle-defense systems operate on "do your best, it might only shoot down 10%, we gave a lot of money to raytheon and boeing for these"

dieselfruit posted:

intentional accident

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

invoke ‘v’

v has come to

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oglethorpe posted:

i'm no frosted flake but iirc missle-defense systems operate on "do your best, it might only shoot down 10%, we gave a lot of money to raytheon and boeing for these"

intentional accident

Think you missed a 0 there friend

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

i feel like however many billions of dollars should give you the flight path of objects in the air for easy perusal

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
oh wow who could have seen that a dumb accident could further escalate an already dumbass war

good thing Nato and the US (I repeat myself) spent their time trying to solve this diplomatically instead of pushing for more escalation at the behest of the defense industry loving brilliant

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm pretty sure Vietnam began paying that debt ($145 million per Luna Oi) so they could borrow a poo poo ton more.

genericnick posted:

Steve Bannon actually had strong connections with the White House at one point though. Not sure we've seen any indication that Dugin and Putin ever talked?

Dugin is on the out currently but as recently as 2014 he was an adviser to State Duma speaker Sergei Naryshkin, a key member of the ruling United Russia party.

Seatbelts posted:

Article 5 wouldn't allow the invasion of Russia in this case cause they aren't trying to invade Poland (yet)
Its a defensive pact so it would mostly end with new air defense and FF posting from Poland for a few years.

Article V means whatever America says, see the only time it has ever been used.

speng31b posted:

nah, if it's s300 wreckage (big if) that would be from ukrainian air defense

It's been reported Russia has been using S300 missiles in their ground attack function.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It sort of seems like this is not coincidental with the first strikes that come across to me as really hammering Ukraine.

I don’t think they’ll make noise about a no fly zone but I would expect diplomatic pressure for a bombing halt and of course air defence equipment to be donated to Ukraine.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weka posted:

It's been reported Russia has been using S300 missiles in their ground attack function.

Mhm, now look at the range and then distance to the Polish border.

Then consider ground attacks against what? It hit a loving grain silo that’s not near anything.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Weka posted:

I'm pretty sure Vietnam began paying that debt ($145 million per Luna Oi) so they could borrow a poo poo ton more.

It explains Vietnam's motiviations but it doesn't change anything.

quote:

Was there strong evidence of that beyond missile fragments?

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Nov 15, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Weka posted:

Dugin is on the out currently but as recently as 2014 he was an adviser to State Duma speaker Sergei Naryshkin, a key member of the ruling United Russia party.

Not exactly the same thing as him being an éminence grise of Putin himself though.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

It sort of seems like this is not coincidental with the first strikes that come across to me as really hammering Ukraine.

I don’t think they’ll make noise about a no fly zone but I would expect diplomatic pressure for a bombing halt and of course air defence equipment to be donated to Ukraine.

Meeeeeh, people like to forget everything that happened before now.

This might or might not be "the biggest" strike on Ukraine yet, but the start of the new air campaign 2 months ago was also serious and had even more attention.

Also if they couldn't get any sort of progress in talks over the past few days or weeks, then both sides are just playing multidimensional chess here thinking that escalation will somehow manage to give them what they couldn't get before.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

nah, see FF's thing. this has always been a stretch

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“🇵🇱🇺🇦The leader of Poland, after a conversation with Biden, is talking with Zelensky - Polish authorities”

If that’s true, seems like Ukraine did it and the US notified Poland.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tristeham posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So if it was Ukraine shooting down a missile that caused shrapnel to fall into Poland does that mean Article 5 applies to non-NATO member Ukraine attacking Poland?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

“🇵🇱🇺🇦The leader of Poland, after a conversation with Biden, is talking with Zelensky - Polish authorities”

If that’s true, seems like Ukraine did it and the US notified Poland.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

speng31b posted:

seems pretty likely it's either not a missile or was intentional. just given the geography it would be an extremely weird accident, but anything is possible.

It's possible they were firing them from far, far western Belarus, directly south over Poland? I was under the impression that Belarus was distancing themselves from the whole invasion after the attack on Kiev stalled and failed, though. If the missiles ran out of fuel or they fat fingered the latitude coordinates it might, sort of make sense. I just don't see anything worthwhile bombing within like a 20 mile radius of there