Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

this scene was the highlight of DUNC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Ardennes posted:

Great more weird German shoes

Check out my new Jeezys.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Meeeeeh, people like to forget everything that happened before now.

This might or might not be "the biggest" strike on Ukraine yet, but the start of the new air campaign 2 months ago was also serious and had even more attention.

Also if they couldn't get any sort of progress in talks over the past few days or weeks, then both sides are just playing multidimensional chess here thinking that escalation will somehow manage to give them what they couldn't get before.

The first strikes (I think it was closer to a month ago) were pretty extensive but this one does seem moderately greater in its range and also it is only adding further to already destroyed infrastructure.

But other wise, yeah, both sides are trying to up one another but I don't see anything close to any sort of meeting of terms. It seems like based on the suddenness and extremity of the reaction that American terms weren't even close to what the Kremlin had expected. The Kremlin may have expected the US to be reasonable, but it isn't reasonable situation.

I could also easily see a Ukrainian/Western reaction to these strikes, maybe another drone/suicide attack. It will take some time to get another offensive together.

Admittedly, I see many more cycles of this to come. It will be enough to entertain the thread, somewhat.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Nov 15, 2022

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1592626103663079428

fsb agent brown moses reveals his true colors!!!!111!1!!!!

Akaiku
May 17, 2013
The Ghost of Stalin trying to eat all of Poland's Grain?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Danann posted:

Poster Moses Brown is saying things well out of the forums concensus...I would keep an eye on him.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol I mean that’s on the Kremlin for thinking constructing a policy that would be read as weakness would be appreciated as moderation or reasonableness. If the US has “cracked the code” of Ukraine being willing to suffer idk 7:1 casualties, and the Russians will dish out 5:1 before withdrawing, there is no reason to stop short of Crimea or 2014 borders.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This guy is claiming it's Ukrainian:

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1592629257469321216

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I mean that’s on the Kremlin for thinking constructing a policy that would be read as weakness would be appreciated as moderation or reasonableness. If the US has “cracked the code” of Ukraine being willing to suffer idk 7:1 casualties, and the Russians will dish out 5:1 before withdrawing, there is no reason to stop short of Crimea or 2014 borders.

I think there is still a serious section of both the Kremlin and the Russian public that thinks deep down that Russia and the US can be friends and come together in peace. This war is going to drag on for a very long time.

Hey maybe I will be surprised!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Releasing four articles into NATO and labeling then Article 1, 2, 3, and 5

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The range of a ground configured S-300 missile is about 120km.

As you can see, this means that the Belarusians dragged one to that little crevice in their border in order to target a tractor. Lukashenko was clearly jealous of his Polish neighbours.

That being said, this is clearly an issue between Poland and Belarus, and I will take the side of anti-imperial power Belarus, who were historically the victims of Polish oppression

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Apparently taxi service has already been restored in Kherson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbCul2k8M8&t=5s

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

crepeface posted:

lmfao, you think dugin communicates with putin via human language rather than through psychic communion through the astral plane, warded from outside observation with the most powerful runes of protection?

you imbecile

Dugin's the hero of Mastadon's Crack the Skye.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Danann posted:

lmao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The range of a ground configured S-300 missile is about 120km.

As you can see, this means that the Belarusians dragged one to that little crevice in their border in order to target a tractor. Lukashenko was clearly jealous of his Polish neighbours.

That being said, this is clearly an issue between Poland and Belarus, and I will take the side of anti-imperial power Belarus, who were historically the victims of Polish oppression

Don't get into a potato feud with Luko, I guess

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

It's possible they were firing them from far, far western Belarus, directly south over Poland? I was under the impression that Belarus was distancing themselves from the whole invasion after the attack on Kiev stalled and failed, though. If the missiles ran out of fuel or they fat fingered the latitude coordinates it might, sort of make sense. I just don't see anything worthwhile bombing within like a 20 mile radius of there

why are you twisting yourself into knots to push a narrative that you yourself admit is ludicrous?

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
What will you tell your children when they ask you why you didn’t missile strike eastern Poland?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Hadlock posted:

It's possible they were firing them from far, far western Belarus, directly south over Poland? I was under the impression that Belarus was distancing themselves from the whole invasion after the attack on Kiev stalled and failed, though. If the missiles ran out of fuel or they fat fingered the latitude coordinates it might, sort of make sense. I just don't see anything worthwhile bombing within like a 20 mile radius of there

Russia fires strategic aviation CMs from Belarus when attacking Western Ukraine due to the shorter warning period.

With the reports of two missiles could've been an intercepted Kh-555 with a surviving chunk of the S300 booster coming down nearby.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

why are you twisting yourself into knots to push a narrative that you yourself admit is ludicrous?

To illustrate how ludicrous the claim is when you spell it out

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

looks like some ukrainian S-300 operators managed to miss their own apartment buildings this time

Please don't suggest that Ukraine is engaging in false flag operations itt without proof, thanks.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Poland is clearly launching missiles at their own citizens to own the Russians

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Majorian posted:

Please don't suggest that Ukraine is engaging in false flag operations itt without proof, thanks.

The post is kinda glib but I'm pretty sure it's implying an accident tbf

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

SourKraut posted:

Poland is clearly launching missiles at their own citizens to own the Russians

Personally I think the Swedes are taking the opportunity to work out some old grudges

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

The post is kinda glib but I'm pretty sure it's implying an accident tbf

Cool, if that's what they meant, nevermind!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Majorian posted:

That post seemed to imply that it was accidental, to me. But I'm not an angry hatereader reporting everything with the worst possible interpretation I can muster up :shrug:

e: beaten

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
RuZZia absolutely fired missiles into sovereign Polish territory. Putin is a rabid dog who must be put down!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

StashAugustine posted:

Personally I think the Swedes are taking the opportunity to work out some old grudges

Actually that sounds more accurate. Revenge is a desk best served with burnt grain

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Cool, if that's what they meant, nevermind!

the apartment buildings is an obvious reference to ukrainian air defense misfiring into apartments earlier in the conflict

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

the apartment buildings is an obvious reference to ukrainian air defense misfiring into apartments earlier in the conflict

I didn't remember that, so it wasn't so obvious to me.:shrug: I believe you though.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

11% of the time, it works 100% of the time

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1592625032878256128?s=20&t=7beijljECLb4MVoSQoQ5Gw

I'm hoping it's just a car that caught fire. The video doesn't show any blast, just flames.

it’s an auto fire. frosted flake spreading disinformation as always.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

I didn't remember that, so it wasn't so obvious to me.:shrug: I believe you though.

https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1497473888724209668

probably not the best source but the first tweet i found, it was awhile back

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Danann posted:

if someone wants to do it, this is a good time to open a verified @ElliotHiggins account

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Ukrainians also apparently hit an apartment building either earlier today or yesterday.

These things happen, iirc errant US AA shells did nearly all of the damage to civilian people and property during Pearl Harbour.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

“🇵🇱🇺🇦The leader of Poland, after a conversation with Biden, is talking with Zelensky - Polish authorities”

If that’s true, seems like Ukraine did it and the US notified Poland.

lmao no way. poland just absolutely raring to go before checking their texts.

dumbest timeline.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1497473888724209668

probably not the best source but the first tweet i found, it was awhile back

Yeah, I remember now that you mention it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

BBC reporting a SAM as well

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

The Ukrainians also apparently hit an apartment building either earlier today or yesterday.

These things happen, iirc errant US AA shells did nearly all of the damage to civilian people and property during Pearl Harbour.

It rocks how every missile and bomb that goes off target must be either a deliberate attack or a false flag rather than a gently caress up

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

It rocks how every missile and bomb that goes off target must be either a deliberate attack or a false flag rather than a gently caress up

Well in comics and movies things don't happen without a specific narrative purpose, so it stands to reason that the same must apply to war in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

has anyone considered that it cant be russia because they are out of missiles?