Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

do people put some clamato juice in lagers in other places or is that just a canadian thing? i've always found it pretty gross but i guess people typically don't do it with beers that don't start gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sometimes. most of the time here you just see hispanic dudes buying a couple cheladas at the store around quittin time. theyre good imo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Truman Peyote posted:

do people put some clamato juice in lagers in other places or is that just a canadian thing? i've always found it pretty gross but i guess people typically don't do it with beers that don't start gross

yep. you can add other stuff too like a bloody mary, it's good. it's also a case where you'd put salt in a beer.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

my grandfather used to put salt in his beer

my dad did too. not always though.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

eatin' good over here. spam fried rice, korean pork belly, and an avocado

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
c student s: the research project ive been working on all semester went belly up ): the upside is that i now have the opportunity to spearhead my own project as an undergrad, which is cool

anyway, let me know if you have a burning question surrounding usable security and privacy (ideally concerning iot because grant $$$) and want an undergrad with access to too many resources to look into it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

:eyepop:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Truman Peyote posted:

its a thing in mexico too

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lord fifth posted:

c student s: the research project ive been working on all semester went belly up ): the upside is that i now have the opportunity to spearhead my own project as an undergrad, which is cool

anyway, let me know if you have a burning question surrounding usable security and privacy (ideally concerning iot because grant $$$) and want an undergrad with access to too many resources to look into it

i hate that youre getting more poo poo done than me

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

lord fifth posted:

does tim personally listen to all the siri prompts

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

hbag posted:

lol you got a job hbag, you’re the one ahead here

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

real goofus and gallant situation with you two.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Armitag3 posted:

with my dad, that i havent been to since i started classes again because doing the bare minimum at uni is loving crushing me

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

idk go pester some profs or postdocs until they let you on their projects

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

Armitag3 posted:

to be fair i have a job too. im just ashamed of it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

rotor posted:

put a lil salt on ur mangos

salt and vinegar with a green mango is good

salt on a ripe mango eh do tajin if you're going for the sweet and savory thing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

hbag posted:

hdad used to drink shot glasses of malt vinegar

:stonk:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

post hole digger posted:

duckhuntdog.gif

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

lol whenever i see this i think of jeffrey tambor saying "gallant and, uh... uh. goofuth"

too bad hes a creep

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

people put a shake of salt in draft beer. it’s supposed to cut the bitterness. idk how it’s supposed to work but that’s what i’ve always been told. :shrug:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
good morning yospos

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

lord fifth posted:

idk go pester some profs or postdocs until they let you on their projects

this is good advice. I would also recommend that if the professor is going to get fired in disgrace a few years after you graduate, you should pick somebody else

mystes
May 31, 2006

Asleep Style posted:

this is good advice. I would also recommend that if the professor is going to get fired in disgrace a few years after you graduate, you should pick somebody else
Probably good advice regardless of whether they're going to be fired in disgrace for some sort of academic malpractice or for sexual harassing students

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
that's silly, you can't fire a professor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lord fifth posted:

yeah ok about iot devices: could they freakin not?!?

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

rotor posted:

yeah ok about iot devices: could they freakin not?!?

many experts in our lab are furiously researching this and have yet to reach a conclusion

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lord fifth posted:

is my alexa my friend

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lord fifth posted:

that's silly, you can't fire a professor

sure you can just have them accidentally voice mild support for palestine

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

hbag posted:

is my alexa my friend

i think you'd be better off asking her directly!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pyV420YzfA

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

a well-wisher, inasmuch as she does not wish you any specific harm

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

carry on then posted:

assuming it was the bin their trash removal service picks up from, they probably are told that the service will only accept bagged trash in those bins so they don't want you chucking loose items in there. it's a requirement here.

that makes a lot of sense. i am happy to have me mind changed when presented with new information. thank you

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

i am happy to have me mind changed when presented with new information.

then what the gently caress are you doing on the internet

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

sure you can just have them accidentally voice mild support for palestine

lol

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
how do i get alexa to spill the beans on bezos

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

how do i get alexa to spill the beans on bezos

i think you have to show it your dick

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

KidDynamite posted:

this looks like a picture from a magazine

goddamn nice

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
cjs: I’ve been in the deployment queue since 1120am. I still have not deployed and have three people in front of me. lmao it’s js builds how is this slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

born on a buy you posted:

cjs: I’ve been in the deployment queue since 1120am. I still have not deployed and have three people in front of me.
___________/_