Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SubNat posted:

Oh yeah absolutely, I feel Atreus is really one of the primary things dragging the game down, just as in the first one.

But also, one big thing I dislike is when the game has fiddly puzzle solutions that rely on a bit of physics and a bit of game logic combining to be an annoying mess.
The bouncy axe things aren't much of an issue, because other than positioning they lock the axe into a 'perfect' bounce when you're close enough. (Though I have encountered axe targets despawning before you hit them, but that's a bug.)

However, the purple stuff is pretty annoying. So many things that use it let you place things freely in the scene, which of course pairs well with them having limited range and they expire after a while (or if you miss.).
The purple stuff would have been far better if it recognized what you were trying to do, and artificially extended it's range a tiny bit to cheat in a 'perfect' solution, like with the axe.
Any larger puzzle using it will generally demand a couple retries because you accidentally placed them just sliiiightly too far way from eachother, so that they don't chain properly.

In general, game puzzles can be tedious enough without them failing because you're half of a squirrels asscheek too far too the left when you trigger it.

the runic arrow puzzles became way more bearable when i realized that you can a) place up to three runic arrow seals, and b) extend the range of each seal by shooting it up to three times. so with nine arrows, you can create three XXL seals guaranteed to easily solve the puzzle if you're halfway smart about it

the in-game tip about point B was not well-explained and never showed up after its intro. sure doesn't stop the game from reminding me i have XP points to spend every ten minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oxxidation posted:

the in-game tip about point B was not well-explained and never showed up after its intro. sure doesn't stop the game from reminding me i have XP points to spend every ten minutes!

That's kinda funny, XP is the one thing the game hasn't yelled at me about after walking me through the initial skill purchase. I played a few hours yesterday before remembering I hadn't bought any in a while, then had enough to buy almost everything that was currently unlocked.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yeah, I've been doing that, but the 2 issues that crop up when expanding them is that the first one can eventually time out if you're placing a lot of charges.
Also even then it can be hard to make them chain consistently.

Depending on the geometry of the puzzle it can be kinda hard to evaluate placement, especially since they're often a bit fussy about chaining, and you basically have to reset everything to move them around.

Main path ones are very easy, but some of the ones to light up torches and etc can be very fussy in a way that's just annoying.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU, BROTHER
LOOK OUT, BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
LOOK OUT
BEHIND YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

YOU'RE ON FIRE, KRATOS

IT WILL PASS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Byzantine posted:

BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU, BROTHER
LOOK OUT, BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
BEHIND YOU
LOOK OUT
BEHIND YOU

Atreus yelling gets old, but I can't fault Mimir for helping out. Dude has nothing to do all day but look behind me, and the camera definitely isn't helping there.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

What if we pulled the camera out far enough that you could see the enemies without having to have a big glowing arrow on screen and two assholes constantly yelling? Oh sorry, that would interfere with balrog jamming his head all the way up his arty rear end.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If the game puts a flashing warning indicator you're about to be attacked from behind, it's a little redundant to have your buddies also call it out but for flavor I can't blame em for doing it. Just, y'know... a little less often? Maybe only do it when I'm on low health!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mimir is passive aggressively getting revenge for having to smell Kratos's mead farts all day.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm only just getting around to playing the 2018 God of War, but yeah I can certainly echo some of those complaints. It's kind of odd how it takes the proven convention of "attacks go into the direction you're inputting with the stick" and just... kinda ignores it? It works when enemies are in front of you, but for enemies behind you it seems to expect you to first turn the camera all the way around before you can actually target them. At least it does offer a quick-turn option, but really why even put that limitation in there in the first place?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am fine and have been dealing with everything listed here for Ragnarok so far. Even the axe throwing stuff is easy, if the line is purple it’s not hitting anything if it’s blue you’re good, what’s so hard about that?

Anyway when the gently caress are games going to stop giving you solutions to puzzles before you’ve had time to figure it out.

I’m in this room and it’s got those water trough things. “Hey Kratos remember these things from earlier? Redirecting the water will probably get us through that gat

Thanks fucko you’re taking whatever little fun the puzzles had out of them. Fucks sake at least give me a minute or two to figure it out. Or hell, an option to turn suggestions off completely

e: this is also not a new complaint, Horizon was terrible about this too

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Nov 14, 2022

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I KNOW THEY'RE loving BEHIND ME WE'RE IN A 6X6 ROOM WITH 15 FUCKERS GODDAMN IT

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The new mechanics added by CIV VI's DLC and updates suck and just make the game more frustrating to actually play. Since I haven't played it since launch I turned them all on and I regret this immensely. Global warming? Literally on turn two, before any civilization has even discovered the wheel, I start getting messages about the ice caps melting and how if I don't do something the world is hosed. Zombies, for some reason? They're super strong barbarians that get stronger the longer they're around and only seem to annoy me and not the AI because the AI doesn't have them constantly just spawn next to their trade routes to kill their traders within a few turns of setting up a route. Secret societies and poo poo? The game doesn't warn you well enough you can only pick one since your only options are to get dumped in the giant long winded in-game wiki or nothing from your advisor NPC. So I guess I'm stuck with the first one I found and thought was cool. Dark and golden ages just seems real bad too since players who are struggling are going to get kicked while they're down, but players who are doing well get added bonuses to help them keep grinding their heels in on the less successful players. Plus the new natural disasters stuff is hosed, I'm trying to get my cities running on basic grounds while events keep popping up being like "Wow, make as many of this elite unit to sacrifice other units and get points so we can give you more free poo poo for winning this contest" and of course I can't, I can barely produce basic poo poo but somehow an AI I've never met wins first place and is probably going to win the game before turn 50 or some poo poo with their snowballing advantages now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Usually going from a later game to a series to an earlier one is a weird janky step down, but going form Xenoblade 2 to 1 actually mostly manages; a lot of the changes were instead a bunch of weird creative lateral moves, so nothing's ever really comparable enough for you to miss anything, which is great.

Except for the fact that HOLY poo poo is its sidequest approach terrible. XC1 went MMO-style 'kill ten rats for minimal reason' for a bunch of them, but also has a few random quests that are ACTUAL stories. There is no way to tell them apart until you pick them up. Coming from Xenoblade 2, which cut out the busywork quests and only had sidequests that actually had reasons to exist, it'ss really annoying and disappointing. 'Oh, are these exclamation marks on my map actually worth checkingg out, or is it going to be waste of my time?'

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nuebot posted:

The new mechanics added by CIV VI's DLC and updates suck and just make the game more frustrating to actually play. Since I haven't played it since launch I turned them all on and I regret this immensely. Global warming? Literally on turn two, before any civilization has even discovered the wheel, I start getting messages about the ice caps melting and how if I don't do something the world is hosed. Zombies, for some reason? They're super strong barbarians that get stronger the longer they're around and only seem to annoy me and not the AI because the AI doesn't have them constantly just spawn next to their trade routes to kill their traders within a few turns of setting up a route. Secret societies and poo poo? The game doesn't warn you well enough you can only pick one since your only options are to get dumped in the giant long winded in-game wiki or nothing from your advisor NPC. So I guess I'm stuck with the first one I found and thought was cool. Dark and golden ages just seems real bad too since players who are struggling are going to get kicked while they're down, but players who are doing well get added bonuses to help them keep grinding their heels in on the less successful players. Plus the new natural disasters stuff is hosed, I'm trying to get my cities running on basic grounds while events keep popping up being like "Wow, make as many of this elite unit to sacrifice other units and get points so we can give you more free poo poo for winning this contest" and of course I can't, I can barely produce basic poo poo but somehow an AI I've never met wins first place and is probably going to win the game before turn 50 or some poo poo with their snowballing advantages now.

You can blame the people who bitched to Firaxis about the game being too predictable and wanting a more 'interactive' world.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cleretic posted:

Usually going from a later game to a series to an earlier one is a weird janky step down, but going form Xenoblade 2 to 1 actually mostly manages; a lot of the changes were instead a bunch of weird creative lateral moves, so nothing's ever really comparable enough for you to miss anything, which is great.

Except for the fact that HOLY poo poo is its sidequest approach terrible. XC1 went MMO-style 'kill ten rats for minimal reason' for a bunch of them, but also has a few random quests that are ACTUAL stories. There is no way to tell them apart until you pick them up. Coming from Xenoblade 2, which cut out the busywork quests and only had sidequests that actually had reasons to exist, it'ss really annoying and disappointing. 'Oh, are these exclamation marks on my map actually worth checkingg out, or is it going to be waste of my time?'

Xenoblade X had the worst overall story, but had brilliant sidequests that told amazing stories of varying alien species being united by one thing - an affinity for Humans and a hatred for the Prone and Ganglion bullying everyone in the universe. There were a lot of fun aspects of how they interacted and butted heads with each other AND humanity and how they figured out how to coexist. Like the Ma-Non developing an affinity for human cuisine and fashion with the main conflicts there being that the Ma Non were so persnickety and technically minded that they drove the pizzeria's owner's wife into a mental breakdown due to constant bugbears about things like cheese consistency and pepperoni distribution, and their complete failure to understand that one of the main fashion people had a simple lizard-phobia (which was of course a HER problem, but one that they needed to understand existed until she could get over herself due to them being tiny lizard-people)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Cleretic posted:

Buddy, you should've seen it on the Wii. You know how the quests to collect 10 posies or whatever have markers on the map telling you where to find them? So it's a little tedious, sometimes for the rare stuff like maybe a couple will spawn in the whole map each time?

The original version didn't have markers telling you where to pick up stuff. You were told "hey pick up 10 pink rocks in the Bionis Hamstring" or whatever and you'd rock up to the gardens and just have to scour the entire map to find those goddamn rocks.

Same with enemies, some of which would only spawn at certain times or in certain weather

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nthing the “everybody talks too much” complaint for Ragnarök.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had the problem on the opposite end today, when I got stuck on a puzzle for ten minutes or so and Atreus defaulted to yelling "Hey....look over there!" at me every thirty seconds. Like, you've gotta understand your old dumb dad needs more help than that, buddy

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cythereal posted:

You can blame the people who bitched to Firaxis about the game being too predictable and wanting a more 'interactive' world.

It feels way too random now, and not like in the sense of AI doing whatever the gently caress it wants, but more in the sense of the game map specifically dicking the player over as much as it can. What's that, the fifth flood of this age just happens to be the one river any of my cities are on? Cool. Nice to spawn next to barbarians with boats on a continent that's mostly coast while an entire army of barbarians marches towards me from another camp by turn two.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
you absolutely should not play Civ 6 with all the optional game modes on at once if you haven't played with any of them before.

I would advise turning off at least apocalypse mode, Dramatic Ages, and zombies. And if it's your first time trying them, you should probably introduce one or two at a time.

Apocalypse mode is weird. There's a bunch of changes: disaster intensity is set to 4 (if it wasn't already; default is 2). You can spend faith on dudes who make disasters, but only in your land and they don't give fertility like natural ones, except forest fires for some reason. It is, however, broken with the Great Bath. There's also a competition to throw units in volcanos (don't bother). And eventually meteors start falling, which can randomly obliterate cities (no defense against this). I mostly don't play this mode because if there are too many forest fires on the map, it crashes to desktop.

Dramatic Ages solves a problem with the regular, non-dramatic-ages game: in regular games, there is no reason to care about getting dark ages. Dark ages are strictly better than normal ages. Dramatic ages simply removes normal ages entirely, and introduces a penalty for dark ages: a city automatically rebels. And golden age benefits take up policy slots. The main reason I don't play this mode is because there is a game-ruining bug that happens with one of the golden age policy cards, that can happen to both human and computer players, that locks you out of building districts ever again.

Zombies adds extra barbarian units that pop up wherever units die, a couple turns later. I think they also pop up at random. They act the turn they pop up, so they absolutely will plunder your trade routes before you can do ANYTHING. Computer players for some reason either have no trouble with them at all or they get completely bodied and never recover. The same may happen to you. There are also "zombie defenses" you can build but they suck rear end.

It's a AAA game, which means that none of these bugs, exploits, etc. will ever get fixed, unless there is another paid update (there's rumors of this but idk).

Secret societies, heroes, and corporations mode are not balanced. IMO they add fun to to the game but YMMV. Probably add these one at a time, to get used to their mechanics and see if you like them.

Barbarian Clans mode makes dealing with early barbarians easier, because as long as you can see their camp, you can bribe them to not attack you or buy discounted units to fight back against them. Be warned that it will generate city-states over the course of the game, so you should turn the city-states slider way down (I usually do about half as many as the default).

Tech and civic shuffle is mandatory IMO. Just for a little variety in the research paths.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think I'm just going to uninstall this game because it sucks now, I don't know how the gently caress they managed to make it worse than launch but this game feels more like a party game designed to be played exclusively in multiplayer than an actual strategy game at this point. I love picking the biggest map and starting on a tiny continent with almost all of the AI players so close that I can't make a single second city or it rebels so fast I can't even get a governor in there, all while barbarians spawn within two tiles of my capital every like five turns to make sure I can't direct my focus anywhere else without spreading my meager resources stupidly thin!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lumbering around the world with tunnel vision in a permanent state of confusion, wishing it could be as simple as the old days again, while your child appears to have both full situational awareness and no concept of how to meaningfully communicate it to you, seems like it completely nails the dad experience.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

god of war: infinite jest

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
The last God of War was really solid and the beginning of Ragnarok was cool. Now I'm like ten hours in and there could be really cool stuff in the side quests, but jesus loving christ I'm absolutely done with these repetitive puzzles. All these side areas (and some main ones) feel like complete filler.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Pingiivi posted:

The last God of War was really solid and the beginning of Ragnarok was cool. Now I'm like ten hours in and there could be really cool stuff in the side quests, but jesus loving christ I'm absolutely done with these repetitive puzzles. All these side areas (and some main ones) feel like complete filler.

I am enjoying the game quite a bit ultimately but yeah there is a fair amount of "did this need to be in here?" sections especially in the middle third.

There's one side area in one of the realms that I got to just from one side quest, when I started exploring it I figured it'd be a small area but it opened up into a huge area with about 10 or so sidequests just contained within it and none of them have any big insights into the characters or the world or whatever. I basically spent most of a session just doing stuff there and at the end of it wasn't sure why I'd done that.

In the 2018 one you usually got an item reward of some kind and some narrative reward like Mimir telling you a story about what a piece of poo poo Thor or Odin was in some way relating to the area the sidequest had taken place in and I actually enjoyed the subsequent storytimes you got with Atreus and Kratos asking him stuff while traversing the world. In this one, cause they spent the last game building that stuff up, it feels like they didn't feel the need for that in Ragnarok so a lot of the side quests feel a lot less impactful, to me at least. You just get a piece of armour that probably won't be better than what you have or if it is, that isn't entirely clear and swapping it out and upgrading it and all that poo poo is just gonna be a hassle.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Fire Emblem: Three Hopes again. I don't know who this belligerent rear end in a top hat calling himself Claude is, but he ain't the Claude I remember from the previous game.

Three Hopes in general gives me an unsettling feeling of being based more on the memes about characters from the previous game, rather than what characters were actually like. Which means that two of the three story routes feel like certified villain routes to me, and the route that felt comfortable to be as a good guy route was distinctly underbaked and poorly paced.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It bugs me that in Marvel Snap the locations are listed as left to right when in reality they're treated more like top to bottom - that is, your "left" and your opponent's "left" is to the same direction. "Up" and "down" would remove any possible ambiguity or confusion.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cythereal posted:

...Really, Fire Emblem: Three Hopes? You're going to zoom the camera in on Shamir's cleavage when she's trying to politely explain that a noble hired a mercenary company to kidnap her into sexual slavery? And round it off with a joke of Leonie not understanding Shamir's implication and Shez telling Leonie that she'll understand when she's older?

loving hell.

Cythereal posted:

Fire Emblem: Three Hopes again. I don't know who this belligerent rear end in a top hat calling himself Claude is, but he ain't the Claude I remember from the previous game.

Three Hopes in general gives me an unsettling feeling of being based more on the memes about characters from the previous game, rather than what characters were actually like. Which means that two of the three story routes feel like certified villain routes to me, and the route that felt comfortable to be as a good guy route was distinctly underbaked and poorly paced.

Sounds like like Three Nopes to me

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Dishonored DLC 2: What a disappointment. It lacks any real charm and the map design is markedly worse compared to the first DLC. The final mission in particular is amazingly limp with some solid art design and a huge map...with some of the most basic, easily avoidable enemy patterns in the entire game...give or take a few questionable teleporting witches. And sure, I used the "enemies can't detect you when you're not moving" charm that completely defangs the difficulty anyway, but it wouldn't have mattered much because the map is so open and your objectives so simplistic that you can just ignore 95% of the enemies regardless. It's also weird how much Stuff there is to find, because it's the final mission of the game. There's no reason to worry about money (except for one tedious achievement) and if you still need runes and bonecharms...I mean, I feel like it would take more effort to get them all at which point you wouldn't need them anymore. (For a non-lethal run there was literally nothing else relevant to spend runes on left before I even started the mission.) Even Delilah herself takes two seconds to deal with if you know what you're doing.

The other two missions are also a mess, with one being a semi-rehash of the base game's tutorial map that includes a godawful interface for opening prison cell doors that leads to entirely too much loving around for such a small map and the other is an entirely too long pseudo-linear slog with lots of backtracking and some dumb gotchas. For as much I complained that the first DLC's stealth could be bullshit at times, it was still clearly crafted by more deft hands with the levels having more of that tight Thief-esque puzzle box feel to them. These felt a lot more sloppy and amateurish.

The bend towards linear/plot-focused missions also means two of the three lack any kind of ironic non-lethal elimination. Delilah's is pretty good, but the lack was felt nonetheless. (Plus, the whole thing where in Dishonored 2 she just bullshits her way out of her fate anyway...)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

YAKUZA 4 Remastered - The Saito Fights. gently caress.THAT.poo poo! I loving hate this guy. Fighting him as Saejima was absolute dogshit because you barely have any powers and making the mistake of fighting him without googling what powers I need to level up first lead to a fight that resulted in the first time I've rage-quit a game in forever. Then retried with the recommended skills and at a lower difficulty, and it still was a bitch.

Now I'm fighting him as Kiryu, and oh joy, Kiryu has a lot of his powers. But alas, Saito just spams his guard-breaking baton attack, and every time you get behind him, surprise, he has already turned around and is spamming his attack again. And because you're in a narrow hallway, you lose a lot of the flexibility that Kiryu's attacks. And of course, if you think you've defeated him, nah, he returns and you have to fight him AGAIN.

Out of all the 5 Yakuza games I've played so far, he is easily the worst-balanced opponent in all the games. Yes, there were other, more tedious fights before, but they were mostly the Big Bads of the games, the final guys you had to defeat after managing to level up. And most of those guys are usually the leaders of a loving clan, so they had a reason to be OP. Why the gently caress does a lovely prison guard have better skills and health levels than any of the yakuza bosses in the game? Fuuuuuuck.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

saito is a lovely man and everyone hates him

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Been going through games in my Steam backlog that I never got around to playing and just started Rogue Legacy. The meta progression seems insanely incremental and slow. You get runes that give you extra movements and each piece of armor has one rune slot. Each piece of armor gets the same runes, so you end up with tons of duplicates. I now have about 4 dash runes and 4 double jump runes. Nothing wants me to search for unlocks less than getting the exact same unlock every single time. Hopefully the sequel is better

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Germansimp posted:

YAKUZA 4 Remastered - The Saito Fights. gently caress.THAT.poo poo! I loving hate this guy. Fighting him as Saejima was absolute dogshit because you barely have any powers and making the mistake of fighting him without googling what powers I need to level up first lead to a fight that resulted in the first time I've rage-quit a game in forever. Then retried with the recommended skills and at a lower difficulty, and it still was a bitch.

Now I'm fighting him as Kiryu, and oh joy, Kiryu has a lot of his powers. But alas, Saito just spams his guard-breaking baton attack, and every time you get behind him, surprise, he has already turned around and is spamming his attack again. And because you're in a narrow hallway, you lose a lot of the flexibility that Kiryu's attacks. And of course, if you think you've defeated him, nah, he returns and you have to fight him AGAIN.

Out of all the 5 Yakuza games I've played so far, he is easily the worst-balanced opponent in all the games. Yes, there were other, more tedious fights before, but they were mostly the Big Bads of the games, the final guys you had to defeat after managing to level up. And most of those guys are usually the leaders of a loving clan, so they had a reason to be OP. Why the gently caress does a lovely prison guard have better skills and health levels than any of the yakuza bosses in the game? Fuuuuuuck.

Saito on a fresh Legend save (as in not NG+) almost stopped me dead in my tracks for finishing the series that way. If you thought he was bullshit on a normal playthrough, imagine doing it with no checkpoints or continues, only save points. And he’s a lot stronger! :shepicide:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Been going through games in my Steam backlog that I never got around to playing and just started Rogue Legacy. The meta progression seems insanely incremental and slow. You get runes that give you extra movements and each piece of armor has one rune slot. Each piece of armor gets the same runes, so you end up with tons of duplicates. I now have about 4 dash runes and 4 double jump runes. Nothing wants me to search for unlocks less than getting the exact same unlock every single time. Hopefully the sequel is better

Are you talking 1 or 2? Because 2 is way better for that in my experience

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

I will defend Yakuza 4 as one of my favorites, but Saito is just bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saito's absolutely busted in MUGEN

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Rogue Legacy, First of his name is pretty grindy but I don't mind because the soundtrack is a banger.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I checked out They Are Billions and have some gripes with it as well.

I'm only 3 missions into the story mode but it seems very easy for the game to spiral out of control. If even a single zombie gets near your tents without you noticing (which is very easy to have happen) they'll infect it and cause more zombies to pop out - right next to your other tents since of course you're going to clump them together you need to be space efficient.

The missions also seem pretty dang long taking upwards to 30 - 45 since I'm still learning and not taking any chances. I don't think there's a way to save the game and continue playing, you don't get any save states so if you gently caress up on minute 45 tough luck start all over again.

The game also tracks how many times you've failed a level, and once you finally do complete it, it docks your meta-progression points based on how many times you've failed. (I'm pretty sure the score translates to your upgrade points, I may be wrong on this one)

It's still fun, but its nowhere near the more chill zombie horde destroyer game I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgjRcYGkY8

e: the bit about "games that practically play themselves" makes me think: what if that's what people are getting used to watching streams all the time, so when they occasionally play a game for themselves, they can't stand if things don't smoothly move along for one second?

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Nov 17, 2022