Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

euphronius posted:

btw embiid does not rely on post ups

his playoff problems have been like having his face broken on purpose by a raptor

not addressing that slander, but it's mostly been the fact your backup centers have been ?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cant post this in the other thread but Statmuse chose violence

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1592002600148561921

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons could have been a hall of famer

it’s sad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

it’s sad

he still could be. hes just entering his prime now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he has too much money at this point

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

even going back to his time at lsu the whispers were 1. is he autistic and 2. does he like basketball

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

he's never been on a normal team, send him to like the Kings or somewhere where he just has to play a role and isn't surrounded by drama

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Some team with a good development program and no US media presence whatsoever (no not here)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

it’s sad

hes australian

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

point is, nba referees will not allow a team who’s best player is a post up center to win a championship

incredible. you can't own that you thought embiid was washed so now you allege a conspiracy. let's just ignore the fact that the 76ers have some of the best selling merch in the league, one of the biggest basketball markets in the league, and that embiid has always sold way more jerseys than kawhi leonard who won two titles. at least euph has his own funny way of slithering out of his bad takes but you double down in the most insane ways possible when you're wrong. maybe try harder to stick by your best player after he posts one of the best statlines in nba history

Vox Nihili posted:

This Embiid guy sounds pretty good. Maybe the Sixers should build around him.

no, blow up the whole team and have three guards+myles turner instead. dump harden contract even though the 76ers already forfeited picks to get him. turn the team into the indiana pacers+maxey because embiid underperformed for the first 3 games of the season

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ahh yes, how dare one suggest the radical notion of... referees swallowing whistles in the playoffs. An offense built around FT attempts isn't winning a title. This isn't conspiracy. Even casual NBA fans know this. And what do merch sales have to do with anything?

Since you seem to be unable to discern funtimes goof-around posts from real deal posts, I don't expect the Sixers to trade Embiid. I am perfectly content with riding his career of first and second round exits while players intentionally injure him and NBA writers shift the expectations of what an MVP is to whatever he isn't in the current year. I'll keep watching the games and hoping that they are good and fun and roll with it, because what else is there to do.

I also just want to point out that you said

Yossarian-22 posted:

maybe try harder to stick by your best player after he posts one of the best statlines in nba history

Which is total freak-brain nonsense. I'll try harder to appreciate the boxscore... very impressive numbers.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 15, 2022

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If you want to see some really impressive numbers you should watch the NYSE or maybe one of those computers that attempts to calculate the digits of pi. Those are numbers that are also deserving of your appreciation.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

SMH this is the type of poo poo you'd expect from other basketball threads on the forums.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

for the record I’m always having fun when I post about basketball but i sometimes doubt if that’s true for you Yossarian. you should follow your namesake and break from this perverse cycle of self destruction and just chill.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

but don’t get stabbed by a sex worker!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

players intentionally injure him

https://i.imgur.com/3SwsNCC.mp4

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

in the spirit of friendship I’ll admit to Yossarian that the Cavs and Nuggets are better than I gave them credit for. I don’t think Cleveland will be number 1 in the East but both should be playoff teams.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Shai is so drat good. OKC is going to be a force if they can develop and fill out a roster on his timeline.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Since you seem to be unable to discern funtimes goof-around posts from real deal posts, I don't expect the Sixers to trade Embiid

yes but i know that you want them to and i'm not going to let you and euph live down past posts if he continues playing this well. lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

anyway in the spirit of friendship also i've gotta say my nets pick for #3 has looked pretty terrible. and even though i'm losing faith in the timberwolves i don't think picking them 6th was smart of me in hindsight. i thought they were at least a solid 48-50 win team

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I think 6 feels about right for the Wolves, even still. They had a slow start last year too, with about 4he same record they have now. If they can either trade or get DLo playing well, they're gonna win a bunch of games on the back half of the season.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

also i still sort of like my mvp pick for durant because if the nets can even finish top 6 in the east with all this drama and insanity, he deserves lots of credit for it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

l love Jimmy https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1592351041504149505

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Poole looking maybe somewhat back.

Please be back.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
This is the weakest tech call I've seen in a long time. Maybe since Duncan smiling.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1592344534351872000

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
For a more whimsical play, this was a pretty funny turnover

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2022/11/14/0022200201/330/bcd16c50-dfa1-067e-ade0-6a899fe63012_1280x720.mp4

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is the weakest tech call I've seen in a long time. Maybe since Duncan smiling.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1592344534351872000

Feels like the reffing has been even shittier than usual as of late

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m feeling like my first mvp post for this year soon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I suppose being autistic is not necessarily a bar on being in the hall of fame

look at Duncan for example

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i enjoy it when the teams i like win and the teams i don’t like lose

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1592395088021585920

this guy was drafted ahead of lamelo ball. lmao

in fairness i think 2020 will end up being one of the all time weakest draft classes

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

I suppose being autistic is not necessarily a bar on being in the hall of fame

look at Duncan for example

kawhi/duncan destroyed the heat like it was their very own rubik's cube

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I forgot KL yeah

Jesus

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ATiEk-cF0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you for posting my YouTube

I though it would be gauche if I self posted it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/GlobeChadFinn/status/1592509426610888705?t=SYPym7g_3lgx7BbJyQewLg&s=19

Lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lmao holy poo poo that would be an all timer team with Shai on there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it’s cool how scal and eddie house got celtics media careers out of being hangers on that happened to be there in 2008

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

seeing as this is "something the celtics almost did" the source is absolutely Ainge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if the 76ers need a backup center maybe they can trade to get ben simmons?