Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

my dad posted:

i hate prison architect, utterly vile game

Yeah it's pretty hosed up, never thought about it before but you're right. It's weird emulating one of Americas greatest failures (but enough about arma operation arrowhead).

e; a shameful snipe, to match a shameful artifact

at least i got a legendary stonecrafter out of it lol

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

PinheadSlim posted:

Think they were selling that at the local health food store.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

As you can see... unexpectedly, they are lion-rodents. I like the detail of the gross yellow beaver teeth

I’ll give you $15 in bitcoin for the rights to use this NFT.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

PinheadSlim posted:

Yeah it's pretty hosed up, never thought about it before but you're right. It's weird emulating one of Americas greatest failures (but enough about arma operation arrowhead).

That artifact's name is what really makes it a masterpiece

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

I’ll give you $15 in bitcoin for the rights to use this NFT.

Deal. My investment is paying off dividends already!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PinheadSlim posted:

I think when introversion had it it at least seemed like it was suggesting that rehabilitation and treating people properly was the best way to improve their life outcome but not necessarily the best way to make obscene amounts of money off them.

No idea what happened to it since paradox took over but the DLC titles do not seem encouraging.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I think when introversion had it it at least seemed like it was suggesting that rehabilitation and treating people properly was the best way to improve their life outcome but not necessarily the best way to make obscene amounts of money off them.

No idea what happened to it since paradox took over but the DLC titles do not seem encouraging.

Yeah, it's a game I put a fair amount of time into early on while having increasingly conflicted feelings about it, but watching the introversion dev logs did make me think that they actually put some amount of thought into portraying it, and in my experience I had the easiest time giving them all the best food and education and time to rest. Then at some point after I stopped playing it Paradox bought it and apparently broke some things mechanically and then released an incredibly tasteless psych ward dlc sooooooo there's that. I sometimes miss the old version but there's more good management games out there than there were.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

introversion had introspection, Paradox went straight to their default position of "KILL ALL THE SPARE HEIRS BEFORE THEY GET HUNGRY"

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So what's the deal with invaders to a dwarf fortress...disappearing? In my first fort on a particular site, I was invaded by a couple necromancers and a bevy of intelligent undead. This was because I purposely built a fort near a Necromancer's Tower. Needless to say, the invasion ended in the slaughter of all my dwarves.

I reclaimed the site and built on the ruins. I've been invaded twice now but all the invaders have disappeared after I resumed the pause that announced the invaders in the first place. Anyone know what's going on?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Sometimes invasions get stuck on the map edge. They get bored and leave i think.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Surely we're going to have a new thread for the occasion?

EDIT: Although preferably one that remembers highlights from years past, such as "A Wizard's Guide to Self-control", "We Se Bee" & "A gang of bandits ambushed me just to pet my dog"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Also "Start Your Day With Rage"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also "Start Your Day With Rage"

My biography was never meant to be published.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:iit:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Don't forget "Puke Ever Onward".

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why make a new thread? Scamtank still posts here so it’s not like the OP has abandoned it, the new thread would be invisible to people browsing by bookmark, and 600+ pages of dwarfposting would slide into archives for no reason

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

For that new thread smell.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

615 pages isn’t even that large by Games thread standards.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hell the Rimworld thread is 1200 pages long.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The argument for a new megathread would be updating all the links and tutorials and so forth for the new version.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The argument for a new megathread would be updating all the links and tutorials and so forth for the new version.
Isn't that only an argument if Scamtank wasn't around?
I can ask them if they intend on updating the OP on a Discord we share, if you want.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I guess it'd feel logical to me in part because the hypothetical influx of people new to the game wouldn't have 600+ pages of discussion not exactly relevant for them. But in truth I feel it'd mostly just be Aesthetically Pleasing, really

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's not like the last post can't contain a link to the new one, so it's not really that big of a deal either.

I'm good either way.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

I genuinely would love to see what the Adamses depiction of the draltha looks like.

I want to see the Steam depiction of Hidden Fun Stuff, personally.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Keep the thread and just update the op, even include a link right at the top that brings you to the first post of page 6## on whatever day the new version comes out and the posting becomes relevant. Nobody in their right mind opens an 8 year old thread and expects posts on the first page to be relevant.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

M_Gargantua posted:

Keep the thread and just update the op, even include a link right at the top that brings you to the first post of page 6## on whatever day the new version comes out and the posting becomes relevant. Nobody in their right mind opens an 8 year old thread and expects posts on the first page to be relevant.

However, nobody in their right mind plays Dwarf Fortress either.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

madmatt112 posted:

However, nobody in their right mind plays Dwarf Fortress either.

One of us, one of us.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Where are people getting the 30$ price figure from?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Neat.

https://twitter.com/noclipvideo/status/1597314486007779328

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Where are people getting the 30$ price figure from?

It was in the blog post they put up on Steam (and I assume elsewhere) the day of the release date announcement.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
GOOD

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's 8 days away! How weird.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

On that note...

https://twitter.com/Fangamer/status/1597349397850750976

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Just came here to post this, I'm buying it all...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh and from the most recent update.

quote:

We are happy to announce that indeed Steam Workshop will be available at launch. This means that you'll be able to find and install Dwarf Fortress mods with ease.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

The glass and the shirt are whatever imo, just some neat art I guess with Dwarf Fortress on it, but that pin is iconic.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A DF T-shirt done in the style of metal band merch is loving perfection.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pom posted:

A DF T-shirt done in the style of metal band merch is loving perfection.

Could have done the full title "Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
When did the first Minecraft merch happen? I played MC when it was first just a browser based dealio and for a bit after it became a standalone client, like when lighting a tree on fire meant the whole world might burn forever and not sure how much of the current basics of today's version were in yet. Then was busy with school and poo poo for years, didn't mess with it or hear much, and suddenly little kids have minecraft toys and stuff, noticed they had legos and all this other stuff, full blown publicly known normal franchise now.

Alcohol-dependent deep dwarf fantasy world simulation may not have the mass universal appeal that "playing with blocks" has but I look forward to seeing Dwarf Fortress in the wild in the coming years.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna replace my entire wardrobe with 20 copies of that shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I need a Fangamer Dwarf Fortress guide

I need it injected into my veins