Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"I don't need no anesthetic! Did Lincoln need girly-gas when they blow'd his dang head off!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The ending where Dale just lets out everything to the capella group and collapses at the end is chefs kiss

You're the feces produced when shame eats too much stupidity!!!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hihohe posted:

I am now a Blaze Foley Fan,

thank you Mike Judge.

I thank John Prine for making me a Blaze Foley fan. "If I Could Only Fly" makes me tear up every time

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PinheadSlim posted:

"I don't need no anesthetic! Did Lincoln need girly-gas when they blow'd his dang head off!?"

Probably just boofed laudanum.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Morning Hank! Scrambled. Black. Sports section. You've got five minutes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I don't know how anyone think that Dale knows.

The whole gag with him is that he's acts like some super clever spy type who can see through every conspiracy.

In the stolen mower episode where the gang fucks with with him even Nancy tells them it's not hard to fool him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know how anyone think that Dale knows.

The whole gag with him is that he's acts like some super clever spy type who can see through every conspiracy.

In the stolen mower episode where the gang fucks with with him even Nancy tells them it's not hard to fool him.

Exactly. Him knowing undercuts this entire gag, which is pretty simple (but still great).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Charlie Brown can kick the football anytime he wants to he just lets Lucy clown him every time to let her think she has the upper hand.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think part of what makes him an interesting character is that we can't know for sure what he knows, only speculate, and that makes him more real to us. We all get to decide for ourselves, and that decision colors the narrative.

This concludes my Ted talk.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No, as I said his whole thing is telling everyone exactly what he thinks he knows.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dale is also really trusting of the closest people in his life. Which basically is his family and Hank.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Let's say Dale knows let's humor this, in this case he's into it, he wouldn't be giving Redcorn poo poo in private. Dale is just brain damaged from never using a mask while killing bugs and almost killing himself.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pixaal posted:

Let's say Dale knows let's humor this, in this case he's into it, he wouldn't be giving Redcorn poo poo in private. Dale is just brain damaged from never using a mask while killing bugs and almost killing himself.

.... and tingling, hmm burning, itching, itching, burning... and blindness. Intense burning... Hank, get your hose. NOW !!!! HANK!!!

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I've taken it to be that Dale doesn't know, as the gag is that Dale is a conspiracy nut who doesn't see the forest for the trees.

But he's written in such a way that if it was ever revealed in an episode to him without any ambiguity he would just casually say something like "well yeah, I thought everyone knew that"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Dale thinks John red corn is gay yall

His gay dar is very bad

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I think dale and Octavio are my favorite team up

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I wish I had friend named Octavio for hijinks and shenanigans

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
octavio! release the chicken

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

A MIRACLE posted:

I think dale and Octavio are my favorite team up

"Octavio must be gotten rid of!" Dale gets a pen and paper out of his glovebox, "Dear Octavio, this is the hardest letter I've ever had to write..."

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

A MIRACLE posted:

Dale thinks John red corn is gay yall

His gay dar is very bad

Yeah but whats a little continuity error amongst writers?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PinheadSlim posted:

"Octavio must be gotten rid of!" Dale gets a pen and paper out of his glovebox, "Dear Octavio, this is the hardest letter I've ever had to write..."

And I’m pretty sure his hand reaches over a gun in there to get the pen and paper too to make the gag even funnier.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the sweepstakes was a lie, Walter

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The episode where Enrique has marital issues and becomes all attached to the Hill family does a great job of capturing a very specific type of guy.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Mexicans don't talk about their feelings? That's great! So, uh, why'd you give that up?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

They put sal-mon the fish tacos Hank!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Christmas with the Niefcos

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but not going in for regular checkups is bananas.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

all pipes are straight

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just realized propane and prop comedy both begin with "prop". Bobby wanted to be a prop comic but he actually had the most success as a prop' comic.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Just realized propane and prop comedy both begin with "prop". Bobby wanted to be a prop comic but he actually had the most success as a prop' comic.

That's just sad.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

King of the Hill

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I sell prop comedy and prop comedy accessories... commonly known as props.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Inspector, fine this redneck for reckless redneckitude.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

white trash minh is pretty hot

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I agree

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

white trash minh is pretty hot

She rock your world

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can he take a 2x4 to the heeeeaaaad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006