Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Trump iss making his announcement a 9PM EST. I expect Twitter to meltdown at 9:43 (I tacked on an extra 20 minutes for Trump to actually appear, and another 20 to get to the loving point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

It's dumber that: Nice-AI and Satan-AI are the same loving AI!

1) Because AI will follow EA principles, inflicting suffering in the present is acceptable if it produces greater good in the future. Or even inflicting suffering in the past! How does a future AI impact the past? Well...

2) Post-Singualrity AIs will be able to create perfect simulations of the universe, with individual personalities for everyone. In fact, LessWrong contends that it'll be so perfect that you can't say with certainty that you aren't in a simulation now! Therefore, because we can logically inferring what the Future AI desires to achieve the singularity sooner, we flip causality. Bing, bong, so simple!

idgi why would an AI give a poo poo about punishing anyone and if it really was that misanthropic then why would it give a pass to some Silicon Valley dipshit just because they donated to the right project instead of targeting them on purpose

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tiny Timbs posted:

idgi why would an AI give a poo poo about punishing anyone and if it really was that misanthropic then why would it give a pass to some Silicon Valley dipshit just because they donated to the right project instead of targeting them on purpose

It's because these are written by people who don't understand motivation

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tiny Timbs posted:

the ai won't punish you it will punish a simulation of you
this is scary because uhhh what if you were the simulation all along?! the real you already made the decision in the past and you're just a reflection trapped in a computer? the ai might make a million simulations all at once that means there is only a 1 in a million chance that you're the real you and not a simulation

also it will only punish the simulation if you are a dork who reads eliezer yudkowsky's blog and actually believes enough of the dumb crap he writes to be afraid of the dumb simulated-punishment scenario, since otherwise it's a waste of time

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

My Chevy Colorado took a firmware update while parked at Target and left me immobile for 30 minutes lol

Guess I will be repairing my 2011 Outback until internal combustion engines are banned.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the ai won't punish you it will punish a simulation of you
this is scary because uhhh what if you were the simulation all along?! the real you already made the decision in the past and you're just a reflection trapped in a computer? the ai might make a million simulations all at once that means there is only a 1 in a million chance that you're the real you and not a simulation

also it will only punish the simulation if you are a dork who reads eliezer yudkowsky's blog and actually believes enough of the dumb crap he writes to be afraid of the dumb simulated-punishment scenario

maybe it’s his kink

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I had never heard of catturd before this thread, is he pretty just a prolific conservative shithead

e: *pretty much just

Revins fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 16, 2022

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Revins posted:

conservative shithead

this is redundant

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Guze posted:

this is redundant

:hmmyes:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

He's too much of a piss bitch to take one of his rockets on a suborbital hop, there's no way that shithead is going to Mars

That's why I'm saying the world needs to mock him into it. Get lots of prominent Black celebrities in on it calling him a pissbitch coward who can't afford it to really set off his triggers. We all win either way.

But manual poo poo for cars, hell yes. Besides the standard engine computer (that cannot update itself, and whose status outputs I can read with a plug in jigger to know what's wrong instead of "TAKE ME TO THE TESLA SHOP" on a screen) My truck is basically manual everything from transmission to window rollers. And I can fill it with a bunch of poo poo, even live in it, and strap poo poo all over the outside.

And when poo poo gets hosed, everything beyond more serious engine poo poo outside my scope, I can disassemble, and repair/replace.

Granted with the Teslas it looks like you can disassemble a lot with your hands like lego, not using any tools, so point to them there.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
He’s a QAnon grifter with his own podcast.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Revins posted:

I had never heard of catturd before this thread, is he pretty just a prolific conservative shithead

He’s one of the republican meme magic idiots, yes. He was really upset when Trump invited him to some event and told everyone his real name in the process lmao

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

the catpoop guy is essentially Elons boss

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
This smoke gonna take me straight to space like I'm Elon musk

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

SirPhoebos posted:

Trump iss making his announcement a 9PM EST. I expect Twitter to meltdown at 9:43 (I tacked on an extra 20 minutes for Trump to actually appear, and another 20 to get to the loving point)

This is gonna be the thing that pushes me back into the trumplol thread, I can feel it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

lol he fired Yao Yue. she’s probably one of the ten best software developers ever. insanity.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I want to fast forward to January so I can mainline the death of Twitter all in one go

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Gaiaonline is also selling blue check and double blue checks now as a flair to put next to your username. They've had name flair for several years now so this isn't a super new feature they added, just part of something they already had, which I think makes this funnier.

edit:

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 16, 2022

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Subjunctive posted:

lol he fired Yao Yue. she’s probably one of the ten best software developers ever. insanity.

Yeah but she was in the top 3 for most dinners skipped at HQ

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Happy Landfill posted:

Seriously, the more I learn about IT the more I resent my electronics doing more than it's basic function. Not everything I own needs to be a smartphone. Not everything needs to connect to the internet. It sucks

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Aren't most of his children from IVF? The man goes out of his way not to gently caress.

Rumor has it that he has them that way because you can choose the genders.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I have some smart lights that operate independently of the internet and it's pretty sweet. I guess things could turn sour if phillips decided to push an update in order to purposefully brick them, but that'd be kinda weird.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Obsidianheart posted:

Rumor has it that he has them that way because you can choose the genders.

And he certainly has no known hangups on that topic

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Telulah Riley sounds like a real shithead. I just didn't want it to go by uncommented on vis a vis that series of text messages about buying twitter.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

The Fattest PI posted:

I have some smart lights that operate independently of the internet and it's pretty sweet. I guess things could turn sour if phillips decided to push an update in order to purposefully brick them, but that'd be kinda weird.

I've got a bunch of Z-wave/Zigbee light switches, door locks, contact sensors and blinds that make the house feel pretty futuristic and are not on the internet, so yeah, I'm fine with it. It is kind of hard to find a stupid "smart things hub" that isn't cloud-only, though there is open source and some commercial options.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

spunkshui posted:

Everyone confused why he doesn’t just gently caress supermodels

because he can't lol

i mean the dude is knocking up subordinates and knocked up and married a singing hobo. they had kids which he absolutely gave the dumbest names to that the singing hobo decided that she was done with cis men and started dating chelsea manning.

edit: said singing hobo now wants to be surgically altered to have elf ears and vampire teeth

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Sadly I find more and more are moving to Wi-Fi and using Alexa/Google Home/Apples thing. Even worse there’s plenty that try to make you use their own app.

AFAIK Musk didn’t marry Grimes. No idea why people keep talking as if he divorced her

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Doctor Butts posted:

because he can't lol

i mean the dude is knocking up subordinates and knocked up and married a singing hobo. they had kids which he absolutely gave the dumbest names to that the singing hobo decided that she was done with cis men and started dating chelsea manning.

In elong's slight defense Grimes is just as responsible for those names as well

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

ryde posted:

Sadly I find more and more are moving to Wi-Fi and using Alexa/Google Home/Apples thing. Even worse there’s plenty that try to make you use their own app.

One set of (mains powered) blinds I bought were using this platform from this incredibly untrustworthy, giant Chinese company whose entire thing seems to be "turnkey firmwares for home automation" so some company wants to make blinds, goes to this company and for a cut in the profits, just gets a pre-baked firmware. Thankfully, internally it was just an ESP8266 so I was able to open the motor and just flash it with a third party firmware that just made it MQTT (they'd tried to lock out OTA flashing due to people wanting to get out of their ecosystem).

The stuff with Grimes - I've found Musk's general "personal relationships" pretty confusing. For a while he *did* seem to be doing the model-dating thing, I remember he was meant to be going out with British B-lister Talulah Riley. But then he just kind of ended up with Grimes and started having poorly named babies?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ryde posted:

AFAIK Musk didn’t marry Grimes. No idea why people keep talking as if he divorced her

his common law wife

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ryde posted:

they lived in the same home and had children together

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/UniticMedia/status/1592691470158663680

:mods:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dumbasses leaping to "ruin the careers" of blatant trolling shitposters never gets old.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

TIL I am a CEO

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they lived in the same home and had children together

that's not the definition of married though :confused:

Tunicate posted:

his common law wife

not all states do this, and if they do it's like 7+ years of living together

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Strange as it sounds, Elon reached out for me to advise him on how to handle Twitter. I said Elon, don't change a thang.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Ford posted:

I've got a bunch of Z-wave/Zigbee light switches, door locks, contact sensors and blinds that make the house feel pretty futuristic and are not on the internet, so yeah, I'm fine with it. It is kind of hard to find a stupid "smart things hub" that isn't cloud-only, though there is open source and some commercial options.

and then someone drives around with a flipper/deauthor and have fun loving with your house.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

not all states do this, and if they do it's like 7+ years of living together

depends on jurisdiction and era, but one thing's for sure: he could not possibly reach this level of Divorced without being married

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Usually common law you have to declare it anyway. If just living together for an extended period of time made you married then a whole lot of people would be accidentally married to their roommates.

Most states don't actually officially recognize common law marriage as a thing (apparently only 15 do and 5 of those only if the marriage was registered before some time before the 90s), including California IIRC where they lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bad Purchase posted:

it's the same in every way except the tax bill