Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lobster shirt posted:

to me, i think its bad when people are severely injured

you're right they should have died, for the crime of driving car :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

lobster shirt posted:

They were doing 60 in a 35 zone while not wearing their seat belts. You're right that it's bad that they're severely injured, because the only way the driver is going to lose their license for as long as they should (forever) would have been to be killed.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

lobster shirt posted:

Yes it would be good if idiots were not allowed to drive cars, I agree.

Actually it would just be better if no cars.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What's this from? This guy had a bit part on avenue 5 and did annoying geek pretty well

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The HBO series Silicon Valley.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

he was also the bad guy in the feminism Ghostbusters movie

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the actor's name is Neil Casey, he's pretty funny

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
5 severely injured. An Suv drove through a bunch of Law Enforcement Recruits when they were out running

https://abc7.com/whittier-los-angeles-county-sheriffs-department-accident-recruits/12458907/

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

5 severely injured. An Suv drove through a bunch of Law Enforcement Recruits when they were out running

https://abc7.com/whittier-los-angeles-county-sheriffs-department-accident-recruits/12458907/

Huh, turns out not all cars are bad.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:owned:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ham Equity posted:

Huh, turns out not all cars are bad.

NACAB

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

wonder if the driver will get a $200 fine and be free to go like every other time a driver tries to kill a pedestrian. Should help answer whether cars or cops are the more important thing in America.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Scooters are neat and all but man they just get left loving everywhere like trash.

I mean that's what happens when people don't actually own them and the cost to rent one is so tiny. also no mechanism to punish people who litter with them

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I'm glad they established he blew 0.0. (and mentioned it didn't preclude other drugs.)

Possibly one of the few pieces of good journalism our local right-wing rag did ages ago, they showed how people driving to work in the morning could still be severely inebriated after a bender the night before.

edit: lol I was looking for a Toronto Sun article, but this works too: https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/7864889/drink-driving-morning-after-how-long-to-sober-up/

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
that's what cocaine is for

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"me mate Dangerous Dave once took twenty-two ecstacy in one night. He said he found it hard to get to sleep and the next day he was still buzzin', but everyone on the Egham to Ruislip bus said he drove it better than he ever did before."

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

ABC News sent a guy to cover that story named Will Carr

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

CongoJack posted:

wonder if the driver will get a $200 fine and be free to go like every other time a driver tries to kill a pedestrian. Should help answer whether cars or cops are the more important thing in America.

yeah i'd love to see if the first cop to talk to the driver gave him the same "aww was it an oopsie? did all those recruits come out of nowhere? were they maybe jaywalking or impeding your clearly safe driving? don't worry buddy" routine that drivers normally get

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
gently caress YOU SDOT gently caress YOU SO MUCH

https://twitter.com/seattledot/status/1592931338944118784?s=20&t=14bj0uOJWVI2_enoQOx2Tg

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I'd like to see SDOT power wash a guerilla speed bump.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1592955664011337728?s=20&t=0wCRUvVkUrOOEeRcQDO_6A

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Apr 7, 2003

Pennsylvania state law says any perpendicular curbs are crosswalks where drivers have to yield to pedestrians

also don't try to actually use them because you will be murdered and the driver will get off with zero charges.

Apr 7, 2003

Definition of a Crosswalk
• Title 75, Section 102, defines “Crosswalk” as:
(1) That part of a roadway at an intersection included within the
connections of the lateral lines of the sidewalks on opposite sides
of the highway, measured from the curbs or, in the absence of
curbs, from the edges of the traversable roadway; and in the
absence of a sidewalk on one side of the roadway, that part of the
roadway included within the extension of the lateral lines of the
existing sidewalk.
(2) Any portion of a roadway at an intersection or elsewhere
distinctly indicated for pedestrian crossing by lines or other
markings on the surface.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

didn't seattle build some giant eight lane road between downtown and the water, what am I thinking of

new thread title please

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Pennsylvania state law says any perpendicular curbs are crosswalks where drivers have to yield to pedestrians

also don't try to actually use them because you will be murdered and the driver will get off with zero charges.
That's also true in Washington state where the tweet is from iirc

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'd be surprised if even 1 in 10 drivers knows that unmarked crosswalks are a thing.

Apr 7, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'd be surprised if even 1 in 10 drivers knows that unmarked crosswalks are a thing.

I've had a driver get out of his car and try to pick a fight with me because I crossed in a marked crosswalk while he was stopped at a sign, so yeah

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'd be surprised if a single driver gives a poo poo

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah its a thing here in seattle and i've literally never had a driver honor one. I used to have to cross a 4 lane to get to my bus stop every morning and it was at a 3 way and basically just playing frogger.

There were no lit cross walks for at least a quarter mile in either direction from this bus stop. I once came a hair away from getting run over by a loving car driving in the dark and rain with no lights on at like 5am.

Apr 7, 2003

I mean, this is a marked crosswalk without a traffic light and I've had a guy drive around me into opposing traffic so he didn't have to stop.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The other day a bus driver got pissy with me for using one and starting turning while I was still in his path. He'd slowed to a stop before turning, so I wasn't even being "aggressive" about it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I mean, this is a marked crosswalk without a traffic light and I've had a guy drive around me into opposing traffic so he didn't have to stop.
Should have gone to a car themed cafe instead

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mystes posted:

gently caress a sonic

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

gently caress a sonic
Please, this isn't DeviantArt

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mystes posted:

Please, this isn't DeviantArt

no, not that sonic, the one with the terrible commercials of people talking in cars

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ignoring an unmarked crosswalk is legal, after all it's not marked! However if you use paint to mark an unmarked crosswalk that is extremely illegal. If you do this you may fool people into believing it's safe to cross at this legally recognized crosswalk. Furthermore we're all very upset that you think we don't give a single poo poo about pedestrians.

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yesterday i almost got into a wreck because some idiot rear end in a top hat in the left lane decided to suddenly make a right turn into a fast food parking lot, directly into the path of my car. thankfully i was not going very fast and nobody was behind me, so i slammed on my brakes and avoided a crash. otherwise i would have tboned the gently caress outta this guy, which would have been bad. anyway people should not be allowed to drive, we arent good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lube up my steakhole