Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
First impression: oh man that looks really impressive, now I kinda want it

Second impression: more than 600 bucks? welp that changed my mind rather quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It should come with a minifig of Guy de Maupassant to sit in the restaurant, because it's the only place in the room where you can't see the maudite Eiffel Tower

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

BUY THIS TRASH, YOU HELPLESSLY OBSESSED COLLECTOR!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BaconCopter posted:

this isn't a real thing you have to pay for, right? Right?????

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

this isn't a real thing you have to pay for, right? Right?????

$250 GWP or $30 separately lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hey the 100 VIP points for $30 off the Z28 Camaro isn’t a bad deal

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

When it's your first day back in office after the long COVID break and your boss is like, 'Design a product we can give away before EOD'.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

^ LOL too real.

It's the worst of the 5 builds in the $250 price threshold collector-bait Tribute to Lego House GWP that's becoming available this weekend (along with other significantly better GWPs). Americans can finally get their hands on (bastardizations) of super limited and rare sets usually only available at the Lego House in Denmark!

It's getting seemingly universal praise outside of this thread, so it's worth going for but not to build, of course. This is the only instance where I think that scalping and hoarding are justifiable. Scalp the gently caress out hyper obsessive compulsive Lego collectors. Hoard it for a couple years and sell it for ???? kinds of cash for a rare box of trash.

I'll be here really loving the hell out of my built Forest Hideout and Ray the Castaway GWPs sitting a few feet away from me. Neither should have been GWPs, they both deserve a proper release. Oh well, 2022 Lego dot tee ex tee.

For all of this weekend's deals check: https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip-weekend-deals

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

$250 GWP or $30 separately lmao

I don't think that it's actually going to be available separately. All of the GWPs have a price tag on Lego's website but they are never available to add to cart.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 15, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It looks just like the real lego house so I'm not sure what the fuss is, it's not the coolest GWP in the history of the company but they aren't shipping you a literal pile of poo poo either.

Don't spend money if you don't want it. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't really care about it personally, but I don't get the hate for that set at all either. They are neat enough little builds and it's almost 600 parts as a free GWP or $30. I do not get why people itt are so up in arms about it.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I would (or potentially will) have a significantly higher opinion of it if Lego actually allows people to buy it for $30.

Select 5x VIP points is in store only but for 100 VIP points you can get massive discounts on any of the same sets online, which should also net you this weekend's double VIP points and progress towards GWPs.

(not my pic)

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 15, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Anybody know if lego post instructions for these GWP sets? I'd like to build the mold machine.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I'm finding conflicting information.The Forest Hideout instructions are easily available on Lego's website. On the other hand when I searched for Ray the Castaway instructions the best that I could find was a youtube video from 9 days ago showing pictures of the instructions slideshow style. So you should be able to find something at some point.

Edit: Hey look it's the instructions to the Lego House architecture set https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/21037

The Lego House she tells you not to worry about.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 15, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

deoju posted:

Anybody know if lego post instructions for these GWP sets? I'd like to build the mold machine.

They did for the 60 Years of the Lego brick sets (and do in general).

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The Camaro for $140 plus tax sounds pretty tempting this weekend. Especially if I can get a whole bunch of GWP with it as well.

Any idea if I buy $250 worth of Lego, do I get all the GWP, or just the highest tier?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Orvin posted:

Any idea if I buy $250 worth of Lego, do I get all the GWP, or just the highest tier?
Everything.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Orvin posted:

The Camaro for $140 plus tax sounds pretty tempting this weekend. Especially if I can get a whole bunch of GWP with it as well.

Yeah I got the discount voucher so I can get that and probably one of the advent calendars for my kid

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Hmmm, choices. A bunch of speed champions sets to build with my kid, or the Pickup.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

BaconCopter posted:

I'll be here really loving the hell out of my built Forest Hideout and Ray the Castaway GWPs sitting a few feet away from me. Neither should have been GWPs, they both deserve a proper release. Oh well, 2022 Lego dot tee ex tee.

My box with Ray the Castaway fell into a loving black hole or something (all LEGO could tell was that they had issued a shipping number for it, and beyond that, :iiam:), so while they shipped me replacements, they apparently couldn’t replace that.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

From looking at previews videos of the Eiffel Tower, it looks less great up close. Lots of crossbars and struts only attached at one end with gaps at the other. Looks good from a distance though.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/vanillahorilla/status/1592613020764889088?s=46&t=7QNehmSXBjmqTxF0-66t5A

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
But one of those is official and the other isn’t.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
There was a playmobil set that came with a dark skinned figure with a slave collar.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/playmobil-toy-pirate-ship-slave-figurine-sparks-outrage-article-1.2390336

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hey the 100 VIP points for $30 off the Z28 Camaro isn’t a bad deal
The what now? I saw there's some in-store 5x points thing, but I assume that just means you earn 5x the points you'd normally get for buying those specific sets, right?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

The what now? I saw there's some in-store 5x points thing, but I assume that just means you earn 5x the points you'd normally get for buying those specific sets, right?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewards-center/rewards

Look in the VIP weekend discount offers. It’s 100 points for $$$ off various specific sets. I think it works out to about 20% off those sets. Someone posted a picture above of some of them. It’s not all the 5x rewards sets, but some of them.

/edit:

Atari $45 off
Hogwarts Express $100 off
Loop Coaster $80 off
Camaro $30 off
Black Panther $60 off
City Water Police $5 off
City Mars Spacecraft $5 off
The Batman Batmobile $15 off

Orvin fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 16, 2022

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Orvin posted:

Look in the VIP weekend discount offers. It’s 100 points for $$$ off various specific sets. I think it works out to about 20% off those sets. Someone posted a picture above of some of them. It’s not all the 5x rewards sets, but some of them.

/edit:

Atari $45 off
Loop Coaster $80 off
Camaro $30 off
Black Panther $60 off
City Water Police $5 off

Yeah it's either 5X points for buying those in-store this weekend, or you can spend 100 VIP points and use these coupons online/phone.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

the Hazmat Playmobile set in this thread is great though?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

But one of those is official and the other isn’t.

Yeah such a weird comparison lol. They just wanted to post is so bad they jumped the fence to make it seem relevant.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Orvin posted:

/edit:

Atari $45 off
Loop Coaster $80 off
Camaro $30 off
Black Panther $60 off
City Water Police $5 off

Which is a shame, I'd much rather have something off the Pickup Truck, but 5x points is fine as well, I guess.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

100 VIP points also gets you 20% off the Technic Ferrari Daytona. Coupled with 2x VIP-Points and three GWPs that'll be my order for the weekend.

Lego feeling a negative effect in regard to the price increase? Or maybe they'll offer better deals like this in the future to move certain stock? Either way, it's a pretty good deal imo.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah such a weird comparison lol. They just wanted to post is so bad they jumped the fence to make it seem relevant.

Wait, Something Awful has good posts???

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

Wait, Something Awful has good posts???

What are you talking about? This is on Twitter.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Third parties sell the Daytona for 310-320€, occasionally even dipping to 280€ so I think I might wait this out although the GWPs and points (3.300 ish regularly, double that once it starts I guess) make it kind of tempting. Double points should be worth pretty close to 50€ too. Hmmmmmm

90€ off the Daytona make it 360ish or something.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Which is a shame, I'd much rather have something off the Pickup Truck, but 5x points is fine as well, I guess.

There is a voucher for 20€ or so off the pickup truck on the German Lego site as well. Check your local site's VIP section, I think all geos get these vouchers.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
God help me, I noticed that lego is offering 80 bucks off the Loop for 100 vip points, plus I have enough VIP points to get another 20 off.
I liked the loop but 400 was insane. 300? Still too much, but the value!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Lego taking a page from retailers who mark up prices 20% then slap a big sticker on it saying 20% off!!! And the shoppers go wild for the "discount"

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Points? Points. Points!!!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Lego taking a page from retailers who mark up prices 20% then slap a big sticker on it saying 20% off!!! And the shoppers go wild for the "discount"

I was just hearing that the Camaro isn’t the best build, maybe not bad, but other stuff is better. I am hoping that it will look good next to the Mustang I already have. I don’t think that got hit too hard by the price increase, so getting it for the old price or even a bit cheaper and a bunch of free stuff is great in my book.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

How do people feel about the Atari 2600 at $40 off? Does it go nicely with the NES?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
is there not a 120 degree technic connector?
There's two three way connectors (at 120 angles) but no 120 to straighten it out?