Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah, it's the biggest deterrent for me replaying. I'm glad I played through it once though

I immediately did a second playthrough back when I beat it, as a magic build. And I went through everything and got to the fire giant and completely stopped and never touched it again. The game should really have stopped there. Replace the lame Giant with the cool lion wrestle man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
elden ring has so much stuff in it that I feel like choosing what to do and not do is itself a pretty big task

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Macaluso posted:

I immediately did a second playthrough back when I beat it, as a magic build. And I went through everything and got to the fire giant and completely stopped and never touched it again. The game should really have stopped there. Replace the lame Giant with the cool lion wrestle man

The last quarter of the game was a slog for me but the worst part was none of it challenging aside from Malekith and the final boss

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Just got done with the second time you control Atreus and I really prefer his combat style, just feels more streamlined and intuitive.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Gort posted:

yep, on a replay you can skip a lot of Elden Ring

you can pick and choose, experiencing a curated, artisanal Elden Ring experience

in which you mostly dont play elden ring hahahahaha

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elden Beast was a bad final boss imo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is Warzone 2.0 a part of this new MW2 update? Because my file size is *only* 114GB. I figured it would be a lot bigger if it downloaded Warzone too (point o).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

Elden Beast was a bad final boss imo

Would have been great if you’d have been able to use Torrent during that second phase

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it would have been thematically appropriate too since torrent was your buddy all the way through the game but no you just have to run the entire length of the universe on foot while it shits sparklies at you at the speed of light every time it decides to wander off.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Luckily the two moments from Ragnarok I had spoiled for me just happened at the exact same time so hopefully it’s all smooth sailing from here

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Casnorf posted:

in which you mostly dont play elden ring hahahahaha

i mean if you're a crazy person who sees that as your ideal elden ring experience then sure you can skip the great main dungeons if you want, more power to you

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it would have been thematically appropriate too since torrent was your buddy all the way through the game but no you just have to run the entire length of the universe on foot while it shits sparklies at you at the speed of light every time it decides to wander off.

Imagine a souls game that does not have a consistent theming throughout.

this is honestly a pretty astute point

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Maybe there was some internal power struggle over the final boss of Sekiro but I'm glad they went with the best one instead of what Elden Ring got.

Sekiro 's final boss is the embodiment of using everything you know with no gimmicks.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 16, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Has someone modded in riding Torrent for Elden Beast yet?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I liked the Elden Beast because having a giant abstract laser dragon fight in space as the last boss means that yeah this is a King’s Field game for sure.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I finished a difficult fight in God of War 2018 but I want to wait until later to watch the cut scene.

If I hit the playstation logo in the controller and turn the TV off, will I be able to return later and continue where I left off?

I saved, but I'm worried that it will make me redo the fight if I turn the game off.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Trickortreat posted:

I finished a difficult fight in God of War 2018 but I want to wait until later to watch the cut scene.

If I hit the playstation logo in the controller and turn the TV off, will I be able to return later and continue where I left off?

I saved, but I'm worried that it will make me redo the fight if I turn the game off.

Just use rest mode my dude

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

And then there's Sushi Ghost, which will somehow pause your game indefinitely in the middle of a cutscene, so that I started it up, watched two minutes of the opening movie and decided I didn't want to play it, and then I come back a month later and it boots up into halfway through the opening movie again.

Also annoyed me a couple times when I went the wrong (right) way and triggered a cutscene, and I immediately turned off the game so I could go back and explore the other path first, and it kept loading up right into the drat cutscene again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Trickortreat posted:

You can pause cutscenes and also put it in rest mode, this is an extremely overwrought workaround.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if your tv has CEC and you have HDMI Link turned on on the PS5, and you then turn the tv off, the ps5 is going to put itself to bed anyway

this happened to me earlier this week, and i had no idea it was enabled. Kinda nice though

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
If you hit the ps logo and walk away, I'm pretty sure after 10 minutes by default it'll put itself in rest mode for you.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Amazon has PS5s for sale: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0BCNKKZ91?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=162cd99e65dc11ed9a654a71662b62f70INT

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

if you want to foolproof it you also have to turn off the feature that updates games in standby mode
i've come back to gow ragnarok being closed after suspending twice now due to updates, but it's not very likely to happen to an older game i suppose

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finally, my Future Press Elden Ring guide (vol 1) arrived! :woop:

Looks gorgeous, and dense as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

Aww yay! I am excited to get mine, it apparently ships tomorrow. A real life friend of mine helped write it https://twitter.com/xIngenue

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Fix posted:

I think I need this.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

This anecdote raises a lot of questions

I played through the game's story on PS4 Pro and then continued with the PS4 version on PS5 for trophy cleanup. :ms:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Elden Ring does a lot brilliantly but I can't say it bettered Dark Soul 1

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

WaltherFeng posted:

I've been playing Demon's Souls recently and it feels pretty much like all the high points of Elden Ring. I don't really miss the open world.

Demon's Souls is fantastic. They got so much right the first time around.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Demon's Souls is still the best. 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

Oh poo poo, incoming!!!???

I've been waiting since July :woop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Elden Ring is so much better than every other game to come out this year and probably this decade that it's sickening.

The decade is 3 years in so far, so I guess this checks out. Still a step down from Bloodborne and Sekiro. Elden Ring is such an ambitious game, but it's easier to see the cracks in the formula, the places where the devs stumbled or were crunching so hard they had to compromise.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Elden Ring does a lot brilliantly but I can't say it bettered Dark Soul 1

Don’t worry, I’ll say it for you

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I enjoyed my time with elden ring. Once I beat it I uninstalled it and will probably never play it again like I do every open world game.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

incorporeal posted:

Once I beat it I uninstalled it and will probably never play it again

the ultimate sin a game can perform

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Elden Ring is the best because I refuse to devour it. When you play it like that, spread way out over a lot of time, most of the flaws aren’t really all that apparent.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I buried the disc in the backyard also

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played 160 hours and platinumed ER, I'll probably never play it again but I feel like I got my moneys worth.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I did two playthroughs and am still Elden Ring'd out but I will never say I won't play it again. I feel like every time I go hard on a Souls game for long enough I feel like it has nothing left to offer me, and then a year or two later I get the urge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

exquisite tea posted:

Demon's Souls is still the best. 2009

My only gripe with it was how often they designed giant levels where your walking path is as wide as a toothpick and it’s dark and whoops you fell to death such fun!

Even so, I finished the DeS Remake and it’s just wonderful.