Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It was slightly surreal to hear them both seriously discussing the matter and both defaulting to the “beetus” pronunciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Woolie just needs to move, so he isn't suffering from the Living In Quebec debuff anymore, it's clearly worked wonders for Pat.

But seriously, that sucks to hear, I hope that the exercise regime can beat it into remission.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's been talking for years about how he's been dieting and exercising as hard as he can to beat it. I'm surprised it got him when he's been putting in all that effort.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dabir posted:

He's been talking for years about how he's been dieting and exercising as hard as he can to beat it. I'm surprised it got him when he's been putting in all that effort.

Yeah but Covid-pandemic life really got him out of shape again iirc him alluding to

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
He also very seriously injured his back via laughing, but I am very glad he's doing his best to get better

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Stream has barely started and he's already spent ten minutes on the rewrite setup

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie is hovering over the suicide mission, wen tto pee and possibly do pushups for subs.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Suicide mission is being started

http://twitch.tv/woolieversus

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
:getin:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

god the suicide mission is so fukin rad

literally the whole game builds up to it and it completely pays off & lives up to the hype :allears:

now to see who dies :getin:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

vent choice: looks like the correct choice, first try. havent played this in 12 years but i think i still remember all the good/bad choices + the hosed up math equation that gets mordin kiiled for a lot of folks

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
i think at this point unless he messes up the biotic choice by picking miranda (which i don't think he will), he's probably getting an Everybody Lives ending

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

uh oh, removing grunt from the final holdout check could be trouble. if he takes like garrus and another big tough guy like jacob/zaeed into the final battle, he may not pass the hold the line "toughness" test and mordin may die (and he will have no idea why lol). unless the dlc chars shift this math into impossibility idr, but losing grunt is REAL BAD for mordin

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

😬

Welp, let's see how this shakes out! I cant remember how much the dlc chars add to the hold the line equation but at least, mordin and/or tali would 100% die after the final boss with his decisions here iirc if he DIDN'T have the dlc chars. This is exciting!

Vvv yeah this is absolutely the worst he could have possibly done :lol:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 17, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i really forget how the math works, but i think that's scary setup he's walking in with

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

beep by grandpa posted:

😬

Welp, let's see how this shakes out! I cant remember how much the dlc chars add to the hold the line equation but at least, mordin and/or tali would 100% die after the final boss with his decisions here iirc if he DIDN'T have the dlc chars. This is exciting!

Vvv yeah this is absolutely the worst he could have possibly done :lol:
if he loses people not because of loving up any of the choices that were explicitly presented but because he fell under a hidden numeric value he's going to be so mad lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I think that Mordin is super dead here. Tali might be, but Mordin always dies first.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love this game so much, it's genuine masterpiece, 99% of it, but this final boss reveal is so stupid lmao

luckily it feels so detached from every other storyline or thing of value in the game that who gives a gently caress

Apraxin posted:

if he loses people not because of loving up any of the choices that were explicitly presented but because he fell under a hidden numeric value he's going to be so mad lol

He did **exactly** what i was envisioning as worst case scenario lolol

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 17, 2022

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
It always made me think of that robot head boss in Contra 3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've got to take my girlfriend to work and it's snowy so i gotta warm up the car longer and stuff, i can't believe i basically gotta stop watching a minute before things can go sideways.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Make her drive there, OP. tell her you have something important to watch (Paragon truth check)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

GET READY FOR A BIG LMAO (maybe)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha 78hrs worth it for that :lol::lol::lol:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

fuckinnnnnnn rip

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anime Only guy here not up to speed on the Manga but not worried about spoilers. How'd it go for him?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arc Hammer posted:

Anime Only guy here not up to speed on the Manga but not worried about spoilers. How'd it go for him?

Sent Grunt off with the crew rescue and took Garrus and Zaeed for the final battle. Lost Mordin and Tali to Holding the Line.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arc Hammer posted:

Woolie took the three beefiest characters out of the backup fire squad and Mordin and Tali died because the defense check of the backup squad was too low.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm lmbo that he did exactly what I described in my post for word :laugh:

but in my hubris, I forgot that it made our boy Reggie upset too :negative:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Monathin posted:

Sent Grunt off with the crew rescue and took Garrus and Zaeed for the final battle. Lost Mordin and Tali to Holding the Line.

Ha!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pat and Paige sent Woolie angry messages and threats about how he has to redo that, so he is replaying it now lol. I don't blame him though. I don't want Reggie to be upset.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I think it's fair for him to run it back for Full Content in ME3, we got to see him get hit by the raw suicide mission first without any handholding.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Everyone who played ME2 raw ran it back, don't try and high ground over it, lmao. He didn't get handholded through it and that's enough.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Overlord K posted:

I think it's fair for him to run it back for Full Content in ME3, we got to see him get hit by the raw suicide mission first without any handholding.

I'm fine with that. Or just do a save state or whatever

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It really is bullshit losing what he did. One maybe, but yeah the two characters with the best arcs in ME3 should be around for a first-time playthrough, and they're the most likely to die at the end of 2.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Monathin posted:

Everyone who played ME2 raw ran it back, don't try and high ground over it, lmao. He didn't get handholded through it and that's enough.

I didn't run it back in my first run cause only Jack died in my run so I just kept it cause I didn't care for her :v:

But pretty much the whole chat unanimously wanted him to run it back and I was right there saying it too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think it's still possible to get the good ending to Tuchanka without Mordin but without both Tali and Legion someone's getting genocided at the end of Rannoch

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

I'm still of the opinion that Bioware should've saved the Suicide Mission concept for ME3. Having it end the second game just introduces too much variation for them dev-wise and for the players, it could have relied on all of your decisions over the series like who have you befriended or let down and who is even present. Could've made the ending to the series feel more impactful than RGB

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Blockhouse posted:

I think it's still possible to get the good ending to Tuchanka without Mordin but without both Tali and Legion someone's getting genocided at the end of Rannoch
he overwrote the heretics earlier today, so it's still going to end badly for someone if he doesn't save koris in 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i can't loving believe he actually Never Back Down 2: THE BACKDOWN, gonna watch the hell out of hte VOD