Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I forgot Zeri existed, have not seen her once since she got olafed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
she deserved every bit of it too

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

It's so satisfying watching the live team just take a champion concept that some designer tried to get too cute with and go "Yeah, no we're going to have to redo this one boss"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

whyd they call the item jaksho the protean. thats such a bad name

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is there any suggestions for buying new champions when you're starting or should you just play and learn the game

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Play the free rotation champions and buy any that you like so you can keep playing them. There's definitely some "easier to learn" champions with simple kits like Garen though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

is there any suggestions for buying new champions when you're starting or should you just play and learn the game

play characters you think are cool except zeri

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Rygar201 posted:

It's so satisfying watching the live team just take a champion concept that some designer tried to get too cute with and go "Yeah, no we're going to have to redo this one boss"

and yet, yuumi still exists

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

FizFashizzle posted:

don't buy lee sin or yasuo or yone or irelia (high skill cap)
don't buy annie or mr yi or warwick or sivir (low skill cap)
don't buy sett or braum or trynd (thirst traps)
don't buy nidalee or jayce or elise (too many buttons)
don't buy teemo or yuumi (infuriating)
don't buy evelyn or morgana or miss fortune (too slutty)
don't buy chogath or kogmaw or any of the monster champs (scary, ugly)
don't buy ezreal or viego or ahri (fuckin weebs)

basically its best to just play ashe and garen from now until the end of time.

don't buy revealing skins either or they'll distract you.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 16, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

is there a goon guild or anything

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

pog boyfriend posted:

JAKSHO THE PROTEAN gaming

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a discord which is linked in the OP

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They should make the heroes free

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

They should make the heroes free

But make runes cost money again.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

pog boyfriend posted:

Well it's a jaksho, and it's the protean, makes sense to me.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

catalyst the protector

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

pog boyfriend posted:

eh theres a lot of dumb names that we dont really think about because we abbreviate them i think. shurelya's battlesong isnt a drat song. thats a hat

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It's not the first item that we have that has a proper name but it is the first one in a while.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm assuming it's some kind of voidborn symbiote.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

its a hosed up purple rock

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I’m glad Rod Of Ages is back and look forward to everyone remembering why it was removed in the first place.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Heartsteel is a really fun mythic to play with even though I'm sad that you no longer go straight for a Bami's Cinder when tank jungling.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
First impressions of the patch from a jungle perspective:

Jungle sustain is massively reduced early game, you can no longer afford a rejuv potion to start the game and Smite and Gromp no longer heal so you can't just dip into the jungle to go from 1% to 100% early game anymore, but every camp you clear gives you a mini Gromp heal, red buff will be more important early game for keeping yourself topped off, however late game once the pet evolves it heals you with every chomp, as a ranged jungler I could just tag a camp or baron and have a health battery active during a fight or healing up between fights.

AP Itemization hasn't changed jack squat except for rod of ages returning purely for a handful of champs like Ryze, but it's too early to tell if those champs want to give up liandry's burn effect or crown's protection for it, early data says "not really"

Hecarim will remain on my ban list after I watched one go lethality/manamune and just obliterate everything he touched while invisible half the time and being extra speedy with the new jungle pet.

And finally whoever came up with the idea of jungle pets is probably getting a raise for coming up with another thing to sell skins for, expect support pets the season after this and every support main having a pet skin.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
The worst part is I'd be fully on board with support pets, having little meeps following me around as Bard already owns.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Heartsteel is a really fun mythic to play with even though I'm sad that you no longer go straight for a Bami's Cinder when tank jungling.

I think the tank mystic choice will be coming down to either Heartsteel or the Protean, depending on if the tank is focused on killing one person in particular like Shen/Garen/Urgot, or wants to kill many persons while in the middle of their entire team like Udyr/Singed/Maybe tank Mord and Warwick.

And the radiant mystic will be mostly for tank supports.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

eh theres a lot of dumb names that we dont really think about because we abbreviate them i think. shurelya's battlesong isnt a drat song. thats a hat

its called that cos of the active. i dont know what the f a protean is however

E: BUT IM A PRO TIEN IN DRAGONBALL :blastu: :blastu: :slick: :holy: :woop: :smugbird:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

foutre posted:

The worst part is I'd be fully on board with support pets, having little meeps following me around as Bard already owns.

yeah that would probably get me back into SR

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I have to say I'm suprised how well Riot follows up on reports. I've made a small dozen of reports about toxic shitheads and I've gotten feedback messages for more than half of them so far.

Also, now that season has ended, is there a point in trying to rank up?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Mikojan posted:

I have to say I'm suprised how well Riot follows up on reports. I've made a small dozen of reports about toxic shitheads and I've gotten feedback messages for more than half of them so far.

The only reason to rank up is to improve your mmr to make your placements next season higher. Or do what i did and tank your mmr

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Or do what i did and tank your mmr

On purpose?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Mikojan posted:

On purpose?

oh heavens no

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mikojan posted:

It is a small bit of joy to see the message that they got punished, even if it just means they are going to rotate through their other accounts as they enter and leave banned status.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The goon guild discord is full of cowards who will not scrim against each other and will generally ff @ 15 if the lovely standard pixel brush invade doesn’t work out.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

milkman dad posted:

The goon guild discord is full of cowards who will not scrim against each other and will generally ff @ 15 if the lovely standard pixel brush invade doesn’t work out.

Only about 50% of this is true. (You are contractually obligated to invade every match with a goon team and we haven't gotten a goon v goon game in a while)

The people FFing at 15 do so because of laning phase.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

milkman dad posted:

There there, let it all out man

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rygar201 posted:

There there, let it all out man

Truly a platinum amidst a sea of silver

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Elephunk posted:

Truly a platinum amidst a sea of silver

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
a lot of terms on this page i don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

milkman dad posted:

early ffs are great, i wish more people were open to them