Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Painted my gluttons from the Feast of Bones box. From three years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

abravemoose posted:

Painted my gluttons from the Feast of Bones box. From three years ago?

these are great good job!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I heartily recommended OnePageRules Legions of Vinci armies for Empire proxy troops. They capture the crazy inventor aesthetic incredibly well and the pieces are a lot of fun.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

With the help of an awesome person who is super smart and handsome I Found a cow elves direchasm box for a good price! Double teamed it with gnarlwood, I’m all set for a while! Super excited!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I seem to remember rumors of a new Gloomspite Gitz book coming out at some point. Is there any information on that floating around? The "Oops all squigs" Christmas box looks fun.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If they haven't gotten a 3rd ed book yet they're going to get one at some point down the line. When that might be? Only GW knows that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Funzo posted:

I seem to remember rumors of a new Gloomspite Gitz book coming out at some point. Is there any information on that floating around? The "Oops all squigs" Christmas box looks fun.

A lot of us figured they’d get one, but it turned out to be giants. So :iiam:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

There's some rumor that a bunch of playtesters are buying and painting Gloomspite armies right now, which would indicate that it's probably not too far off. I have no clue if the source of that rumor (Honest Wargamer, iirc) is trustworthy or full of poo poo, so take that as you will. As much as I love squigs I do really hope they aren't good to the point of warping the meta - the last few books have been really impressive in terms of internal and external balance and amazingly restrained compared to 40k's creep, so I'm crossing my fingers for them to be fun and reasonably competitive without being a flavor of the month army.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

There are rumblings about how the new Ogors book is overpowered, but they usually mention gnoblars in the same sentence, so I'm not sure what to believe...

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

If gnoblars break the game I won't even by mad

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Covermeinsunshine posted:

If gnoblars break the game I won't even by mad

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, I think some dude was cleaning up with a 40-gnoblar list, which is pretty great.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Basically the trick is Gnoblars cause MWs to nearby units passively, so they make great screens for Ironblasters, which are super potent guns.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1592910798640353281

For the ones wondering about a Gloomspite Gitz book, your prayers looks to be answered this week.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Gitz are high up on a list of factions that I want for a second army so hopefully the new battletome doesn't suck.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I would love to do Gitz, I've got a couple of heroes and about 40 of those little bastards that I'm not doing anything with.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

For the ones wondering about a Gloomspite Gitz book, your prayers looks to be answered this week.

Hopefully it's the book, but more than likely, it's the Underworlds warband we already know is coming soon.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah that's definitely just the Warband, which is hopefully also cool. Gitz have some of the best models GW has ever produced and the rumors seem to indicate they're going to be very good when the book finally comes (guessing that's a few months away still since we know they're not slated for winter).

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah that's definitely just the Warband, which is hopefully also cool. Gitz have some of the best models GW has ever produced and the rumors seem to indicate they're going to be very good when the book finally comes (guessing that's a few months away still since we know they're not slated for winter).

Give me more troggs.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Gloomspite gitz are my second favourite designs after the cow elves, I love their Moon theme faces and the squig mounts look amazing.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I hadn't any idea there was a new Gitz warband on the way, is there any info what would make it different from Zarbag's Gitz/Mollog's Mob? I love Zarbag's Gitz to an unreasonable degree. Having a horrible little goblin glare at a Chaos Sorcerer so hard they died remains an Underworlds highlight for me.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

Hell yeah. I'd get an Underworlds warband too. I just got the Gnarlwood box, so more factions for that would be nice.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I just got both the gnarlwood and direchasm box, but if the announcement is for an actual moon looking gloomspite gitz war band I’ll happily bankrupt myself and get it

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

My friend roped me in and I'd like to punish him by winning. Anyone care to give me some critiques on my 1k list? Going to be primarily fighting some Fyreslayers with a Magmadroth.

- Army Faction: Soulblight Gravelords
- Army Type: Vyrkos Dynasty
- Grand Strategy: Lust for Domination
- Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Belladamma Volga (200)*
- Spells: Amaranthine Orb, Amethystine Pinions, Invigorating Aura
Radukar the Wolf (150)*
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
- Command Traits: Kin of the Wolf
- Artefacts of Power: Sangsyron
BATTLELINE
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
OTHER
Corpse Cart with Unholy Lodestone (80)
- Corpse Goad
Kosargi Nightguard (190)*
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
TOTAL POINTS: 1000/1000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

punishedkissinger fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 16, 2022

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

I just got both the gnarlwood and direchasm box, but if the announcement is for an actual moon looking gloomspite gitz war band I’ll happily bankrupt myself and get it

Gitz already had 2 warbands - one with a troll and his stalasquigs and one being normal moon clan grotz

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Three warbands.

Wolf goblins are a Gitz warband and I really want to see more of them in the next book. There’s implications that the “normal” grots are stirring in the fluff of the Lumineth book.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

punishedkissinger posted:

My friend roped me in and I'd like to punish him by winning. Anyone care to give me some critiques on my 1k list? Going to be primarily fighting some Fyreslayers with a Magmadroth.

LEADERS
Belladamma Volga (200)*
Radukar the Wolf (150)*
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
BATTLELINE
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
OTHER
- Corpse Goad
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord

Spread out your spell picks more - you can’t cast the same spell more than once per turn, so each wizard should have a different pick.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I hadn't any idea there was a new Gitz warband on the way, is there any info what would make it different from Zarbag's Gitz/Mollog's Mob? I love Zarbag's Gitz to an unreasonable degree. Having a horrible little goblin glare at a Chaos Sorcerer so hard they died remains an Underworlds highlight for me.

I don’t have any info, but they have been thematically revisiting older warbands to do a fresh and meta-current take on them (like Hrothgorn vs Blackpowder, Exiled Dead vs Sepulchral Guard, new and old Skaven, etc.). So I would guess it’ll be something like that.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Injuryprone posted:

Give me more troggs.

Yeah the Rockguts are an amazing kit, ridiculous how many unique models you can make with it. I'm not as big on the Fellwaters, but I think mostly that's because they just have a totally different aesthetic from the other Troggs. Getting a new hag or some kind of intermediate unit between the Rockguts and Dankholds would be awesome, but this warband is almost certainly goblins and the only new kits that have been teased are some kind of new spider rider from the rumor engine.

Squigs are fun too, just really dynamic sculpts and a pleasure to paint. Manglers are probably the best kit GW has ever produced, from either 40k or AoS.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Muir posted:

I don’t have any info, but they have been thematically revisiting older warbands to do a fresh and meta-current take on them (like Hrothgorn vs Blackpowder, Exiled Dead vs Sepulchral Guard, new and old Skaven, etc.). So I would guess it’ll be something like that.

Ah, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully we get another Chaos Warrior warband, I could do with another crew of murderjocks.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Ah, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully we get another Chaos Warrior warband, I could do with another crew of murderjocks.

We did just get Gorechosen of Dromm, but despite being three beefy Khorne warriors, their playstyle isn't just smash face.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, but they're Blades of Khorne, I'm talking proper Slaves to Darkness.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What’s wrong with Khagra’s Ravagers? Their sculpts are great.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Nothing really, but I already have them.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Nothing really, but I already have them.

Don't miss their errata that makes them more playable. They moved from inspiring on 3 desecrations to just 2.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

LEADERS
Belladamma Volga (200)*
Radukar the Wolf (150)*
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
BATTLELINE
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
OTHER
- Corpse Goad
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord

Fyreslayers are a tough nut to crack at 1000 points, that magmadroth is gonna do a lot of heavy lifting while his footsloggers sit around not dying. I play slayers and if I was playing soulblight my number 1 pick would be a battlesmith with a nulsidian icon- huge 4+ spell ignore bubble coupled with a 4+ rally command. If your opponent is bringing beserkers they're scooting around with a 4+ ward on top of all that. You're best bet in these smaller games is using board control and making GBS threads him up with zombies while you rack up points early game- other than the magmadroth or a runsmiter deepstrike, fyreslayers are slow as poo poo.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Fyreslayers are a tough nut to crack at 1000 points, that magmadroth is gonna do a lot of heavy lifting while his footsloggers sit around not dying. I play slayers and if I was playing soulblight my number 1 pick would be a battlesmith with a nulsidian icon- huge 4+ spell ignore bubble coupled with a 4+ rally command. If your opponent is bringing beserkers they're scooting around with a 4+ ward on top of all that. You're best bet in these smaller games is using board control and making GBS threads him up with zombies while you rack up points early game- other than the magmadroth or a runsmiter deepstrike, fyreslayers are slow as poo poo.

that's exactly his pick for battlesmith. I'm hoping to get cheeky with Belladonna and some summoned wolves and snipe the fucker though. I think my zombies should be able to do some pretty solid damage to whoever they are mudpitting too.

thank you for the tips!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

LEADERS
Belladamma Volga (200)*
Radukar the Wolf (150)*
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
BATTLELINE
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
Deadwalker Zombies (120)
OTHER
- Corpse Goad
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord

Trip report:

My opponent's Magmadroth got baited by a unit of zombies on turn one. He destroyed all 20 of them, but I got in a counter-charge with my Kosargi and all of my vamps. Only need the Kosargi to kill it. With buffs from Radukar and the Vampire Lord they ended up with four attacks each and it was trivial. the rest of the match was just mopping up.

Next up will be a 1500pt match. Looks like he will be bringing Gotrek. Any thoughts on taking him down? Did a little math and he should be able to deal like 30dmg a turn on average. Very scary.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Play keep away. Gotrek is very slow and cannot be teleported by any means - if he gets stuck in a bad position early, he can’t do much to cross the board,

E: and you can arrange this by proper graveyard placement to bring in your zombies from bad angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

just to be clear, you are suggesting I pull Gotrek to one side with a unit of zombies?

this is what i plan to bring

- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
LEADERS
Belladamma Volga (200)*
Vampire Lord (140)*
- General
- Spells: Amethystine Pinions, Invigorating Aura, Soulpike