Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

29. Hotel Transylvania 3DS - 3/5 Family Stories Completed, the Target in Pickneyville, IL lost power and the kiosk stopped functioning before I could unlock the True Final Boss.

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Homeless guy who walks into daycares and beats the games the kids get bored of playing on the 3 gen old consoles.

In Training posted:

29. Hotel Transylvania 3DS - 3/5 Family Stories Completed, the Target in Pickneyville, IL lost power and the kiosk stopped functioning before I could unlock the True Final Boss.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Homeless guy who walks into daycares and beats the games the kids get bored of playing on the 3 gen old consoles.

In Training posted:

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

In Training posted:

lmao

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

haha wow, how long did that take you? :D All in one go I assume?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Anyway

95) Wario Land 4 (Hard Mode + All CDs)

Was a time back in Sept I didn't think I could get the 100 clears before the year ended, I think I'm in the clear at this point. #100GamesInAYear

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 17, 2022

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

haha wow, how long did that take you? :D All in one go I assume?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WTF. This game is Lego GTA. It looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMpE6-e1cbE&t=540s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

laugh crying when the Lego guy mows down a pedestrian

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lwtf lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i skipped to a random part & this game has actual bullet time slo-mo during physical fights

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought y’all would have learned not to question Mamkute by now…

----------------

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I'm not playing any of the Lego games until they make everything out of Legos

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

All the Lego games are cool as hell. Lego The Hobbit ftmfw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Lego LOTR is cool because the hub is a scaled down open world Middle-Earth

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

13. Psychonauts 2
14. Odallus: The Dark Call
15. Gargoyle's Quest
16. Soma

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

48) Dragon Warrior I (GBC)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lego LOTR is cool because the hub is a scaled down open world Middle-Earth

Oh that's cool. I haven't played a lego game since the first Indiana Jones one, but maybe I should check out the hobbit/LOTR ones at some point

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

96) Vampire Survivors (all achievs)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

dragon quest 1 (snes port; english translation w/bugfixes)

really gorgeous looking and sounding port of dq1. this will probably be my preferred way to replay this game going forward. this is the only dq game i've beaten so i'm looking forward to playing the dq2 SNES port next.

as for the game itself...it's dragon quest, of course it's good, it pretty much defined the JRPG as a genre. i love this game and if you don't you're probably a dick.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

39. Dragon Quest (Switch)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Metal Gear Rising: so good, hits the perfect tone, made me lol several times and also fist pump after bosses. I need to play DQ1 but I've got bayonetta installed to play soon cause this got me hyped

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Dragon Quest 1 (GBC): I played this all night and a good chunk of the morning, great old jrpg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS: save file says 100% but i didnt do a single time attack, mirror mode, and im missing some puzzle pieces.

after finishing rayman 3i wanted to play rayman origins but realized i never actually bought it so i decided to try another 2d platformer revival. its kind of shocking how much rayman origins cribs from this.
most of it was good but a bit bland, at least it varied up the gimmicks of each stage often and nothing really outstayed its welcome, other than maybe the rocket barrel stages.

what is really really hosed though is that the games beautiful animation sometimes gets in the way of poo poo, like for example if dk is in his turning around animation you cant roll, so if you land on a crumbling platform, try to reposition yourself, then rolljump away, you will not roll at all and do a very pathetic jump that will mostly mean you fall into a bottomless pit, or correctly second guess yourself and try to adjust only for the platform to crumble under you, killing you, or you second guess yourself but actually you turned around in time so dk *does* roll but you dont expect that and roll straight into a pit. I have lost so many lives to this horseshit and i can only imagine how miserable it must have been to play on wii where rolling is tied to waggle, and i thank god that i can just bind waggle to a button on dolphin. and man do the waggle gimmicks suck dick. nothing quite like having your quick pace interrupted by being forced to stand still and do a slow animation where you slam the ground or blow on some loving dandellions or whatever. absolutely abysmal.
outside of those major complaints, theres some autoscrollers that are annoying to repeat, theres a bit too many rocket barrel stages, and it sometimes puts KONG letters in barrel paths you cant backtrack to if you missed em. Also it reuses bonus areas constantly which is loving lame.

other than that, it was a fun short platformer, and it had the best version of the dk swing without the weird solemn interlude that splits the track in half.
7 golden bananas out of 10

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dragon quest

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

97) Dragon Quest

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest here too. Delightful game, when I first picked it up two years ago I wasn't sure how well it would have aged but it did more than just age well, its age is actually a big part of its charm--being the original video game RPG (or at least the one that put the genre on the map) it's just the core essentials of what makes an RPG great, it makes it very simple but in a fun, satisfying way. Kind of has me wanting to replay 2 even though I've still got 7, 8, 9, and 11 that I haven't beaten yet lol.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Oh that's cool. I haven't played a lego game since the first Indiana Jones one, but maybe I should check out the hobbit/LOTR ones at some point

Oh good god, I finally had the "wait, I already own that?!" moment with Steam. I was looking on the Steam store and found that I somehow already own Lego The Hobbit, as well as the complete Star Wars saga. No idea how - no record of them in my purchase history, so I guess it came from a bundle. Either way, drat - I guess I'm gonna be playing that soon! :D

Also, nice job Plebian Parasite - nearly got yourself a century! I hope you can clean up another three games by the end of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS: save file says 100% but i didnt do a single time attack, mirror mode, and im missing some puzzle pieces.

after finishing rayman 3i wanted to play rayman origins but realized i never actually bought it so i decided to try another 2d platformer revival. its kind of shocking how much rayman origins cribs from this.
most of it was good but a bit bland, at least it varied up the gimmicks of each stage often and nothing really outstayed its welcome, other than maybe the rocket barrel stages.

what is really really hosed though is that the games beautiful animation sometimes gets in the way of poo poo, like for example if dk is in his turning around animation you cant roll, so if you land on a crumbling platform, try to reposition yourself, then rolljump away, you will not roll at all and do a very pathetic jump that will mostly mean you fall into a bottomless pit, or correctly second guess yourself and try to adjust only for the platform to crumble under you, killing you, or you second guess yourself but actually you turned around in time so dk *does* roll but you dont expect that and roll straight into a pit. I have lost so many lives to this horseshit and i can only imagine how miserable it must have been to play on wii where rolling is tied to waggle, and i thank god that i can just bind waggle to a button on dolphin. and man do the waggle gimmicks suck dick. nothing quite like having your quick pace interrupted by being forced to stand still and do a slow animation where you slam the ground or blow on some loving dandellions or whatever. absolutely abysmal.
outside of those major complaints, theres some autoscrollers that are annoying to repeat, theres a bit too many rocket barrel stages, and it sometimes puts KONG letters in barrel paths you cant backtrack to if you missed em. Also it reuses bonus areas constantly which is loving lame.

other than that, it was a fun short platformer, and it had the best version of the dk swing without the weird solemn interlude that splits the track in half.
7 golden bananas out of 10

i've heard the sequel is better but i haven't played either of them