Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I redid my Guardian and tried my best to not follow my usual fashion habits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Whoa where did you get those shoulders

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

Whoa where did you get those shoulders

Flashpoint Memory reward
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Houndskin_Mantle_Box

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Yeah those own and I kind of want to do something with one of my Norn characters now. Thanks for sharing!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Not paying attention I just lost 8g in listing fees on the trading post. Welp!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Not paying attention I just lost 8g in listing fees on the trading post. Welp!

I listed a mini for 115g this week and I'm having serious sellers remorse at the moment. I feel like I should have kept it and tracked the price a little before listing it.
What did you lose you 8g in?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

bengy81 posted:

I listed a mini for 115g this week and I'm having serious sellers remorse at the moment. I feel like I should have kept it and tracked the price a little before listing it.
What did you lose you 8g in?

Oh I had like 5 of some dumb core or something that I typed in something like 33g each instead of 33s

bengy81
May 8, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Oh I had like 5 of some dumb core or something that I typed in something like 33g each instead of 33s

Oof, that's painful...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So did Silent Storm and Spirit Watch just get completely removed from the game as PvP maps? I figured they'd bring them back some day after tweaks but I guess not lol? Such a shame, the PvP in this game would honestly be good if they hadn't had that embarrassing e-sports failure and then pretended like it never existed again. By far the best PvP of any MMO, which is an incredibly low bar but still.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So did Silent Storm and Spirit Watch just get completely removed from the game as PvP maps? I figured they'd bring them back some day after tweaks but I guess not lol? Such a shame, the PvP in this game would honestly be good if they hadn't had that embarrassing e-sports failure and then pretended like it never existed again. By far the best PvP of any MMO, which is an incredibly low bar but still.

Unranked only as they have always been.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Unranked only as they have always been.

Is there a difference between rated and ranked? I see achievements for playing rated games on those maps but I thought the entire point of unranked was that you didn't have player ratings.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a difference between rated and ranked? I see achievements for playing rated games on those maps but I thought the entire point of unranked was that you didn't have player ratings.

Larger map pool with stronghold as well and you can have party sizes larger than 2. That's really the only difference.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Finally playing through PoF story recently and yesterday the story swung in the direction of Kralkatorrik and his presence in the Crystal Desert again. I only remember him and his influence from the environmental storytelling Ithe Ascalon (?) zones. I know I am missing chunks of the story not having played LWS1 and 2 yet. Does either of those have episodes that focus on Kralk a bit more, because right now his motivations and mode of operation are unclear to me.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No, but the living world season following Path of Fire (season 4) is largely about him.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Luggage posted:

Finally playing through PoF story recently and yesterday the story swung in the direction of Kralkatorrik and his presence in the Crystal Desert again. I only remember him and his influence from the environmental storytelling Ithe Ascalon (?) zones. I know I am missing chunks of the story not having played LWS1 and 2 yet. Does either of those have episodes that focus on Kralk a bit more, because right now his motivations and mode of operation are unclear to me.
You're not missing anything. One of the "between GW1 and 2" books was about him and how Destiny's Edge tried to kill him, and you got parts of those events explained in the charr zones. He was just a background character through LS1/2/HoT while he was sitting in the Crystal Desert. Only in PoF do you finally meet him and explicitly learn more about what happened before, then in LS4 he's the primary antagonist.

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 15, 2022

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

orcane posted:

You're not missing anything. One of the "between GW1 and 2" books was about him and how Destiny's Edge tried to kill him, and you got parts of those events explained in the charr zones. He was just a background character through LS1/2/HoT while he was sitting in the Crystal Desert. Only in PoF do you finally meet him and explicitly learn more about what happened before, then in LS4 he's the primary antagonist.

It's been probably 7 years since I've done any story mode dungeons but iirc all the Destiny's Edge stuff was hashed out in those, and since dungeons are dead and story mode dungeons are deader there's slim chance a newer player will know anything about Kralk before S4 at all.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes WvW is good.

Get a treb blueprint. It’s fundamentally worthless, so on a lark I throw it down next to the NW camp in desert BL and shell fire keep for a bit. Eventually a half dozen Sea of Sorrows players come and run me over, then I proceed to get abusive tells directed at me for a bit calling me Mag Noob and to go back to EBG, plus when the gank squad caught up to me a few minutes later they threw a bunch of treb build sites on my corpse.

Way more entertainment value than you could get for 4c anywhere else in game. I love being on Maguuma.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

The treasure trail is killing me

Tortolia posted:

Sometimes WvW is good.

Get a treb blueprint. It’s fundamentally worthless, so on a lark I throw it down next to the NW camp in desert BL and shell fire keep for a bit. Eventually a half dozen Sea of Sorrows players come and run me over, then I proceed to get abusive tells directed at me for a bit calling me Mag Noob and to go back to EBG, plus when the gank squad caught up to me a few minutes later they threw a bunch of treb build sites on my corpse.

Way more entertainment value than you could get for 4c anywhere else in game. I love being on Maguuma.

It's great how simply playing on Mag will just break the opposing player's brains sometimes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Could not slam-buy this fast enough

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My favourite mag story is during the 1st? wvw change thingy i was on the desert map and there was a boon ball that was green, that was up against a boon ball that was red, and then there were at most 4 mag nobodys floating around doing the cloud thing.

When we were helping the green boon ball was winning. Pulling someone out of the ball, it was fun.

So the commander of our green ball tells us (maguuma) to go away, we ruin pvp...

so the 4 of us sat on the sidelines and watched as our green ball got steamrolled 4 times before porting away.

Then we fought with the other ball for like half an hour as it would kill 1 of us, chase the others, we'd get a res, and it too ported away..

and where you buying this must have piece of clothing >< i dont see it in the gem shop

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I have not had a single memorable mag WvW experience since Xushin left us. Bring back the king

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
So what are typical builds for the Mag cloud style of play? High self sufficiency and sustain is what I remember reading. But which would that be?

Looking for a second char to play as roamer or annoying c*nt whenever it's not raid night and I am sick of my boon brand.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

I generally start with roamer builds from guildjen/vallun or metabattle and then tweak for my preferences after trying them for a bit. For guardian I’ve been recently messing with power willbender, but dragon hunter is also good for clouding and harassing zergs with longbow and traps.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I also like longbow soulbeast. Excellent range, does a lot of things pretty well and you can adapt it through utility and pet choices

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I just use the same open world PvE power mechanist build I use to flip camps. Engie rifle and mortar kit are great for cleaving through enemy zergs. I swap over to the alac traits on the mech to help speed up catapults when doing siege.

I could probably swap in some more defense instead of being essentially a full glass cannon, but honestly just using dodges and having good positioning keeps me alive most of the time.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just use my general PvE open world Celestial Harbinger with a few adjustments to utilities to reflect the roaming/solo nature of how I WvW and flip camps and such. The biggest change is instead of being heavy elixirs, I roll with spectral grasp and plaguelands, since I can LoS/pull NPCs into them for quick kills (even on tier t2-3 camps) and for extra break bar damage on champs. Maybe not ideal for pvp but more than once I’ve had someone try to gank me and not notice or get stuck in the plaguelands circle and just melt.

Plus if folks aren’t around it’s good enough to solo champs for dailies or whatever.

If you have a build you’re comfy with running solo then you can probably cloud with it, though Celestial builds make wvw players very salty and that can be an added bonus if your class can make use of it.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Cele Harb in particular makes players lose their minds. It’s a super strong and durable roamer.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Thank you for the replies. I'll take a closer look at Ranger, Thief and Harb builds and and gameplay videos.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't play much roaming but from what I have seen, celestial harbinger really is disgustingly strong.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I don't play much roaming but from what I have seen, celestial harbinger really is disgustingly strong.

It's also disgusting, particularly funny when you wander up to rez someone as a walking cloud of disease.
"Maybe don't breathe this in, hon, just hold your breath a few secs."

It should at least poison them a second or two. For laughs. Or is the disease counted as your own pet? I don't really get it tbh, but I have whatever trait it is that gives you barrier for stacks of it so I'm in nasty green cartoon stink cloud mode as much as possible.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
is there any reason whatsoever to hold on to these luck boosting things or can I consume them as I get them? I gather the buff is permanent?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

fast cars loose anus posted:

is there any reason whatsoever to hold on to these luck boosting things or can I consume them as I get them? I gather the buff is permanent?

The only reason not to use them, that I've been able to determine, is that they're a crafting component for some super duper expensive, endgame stuff

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they're also currency for some pretty fun stuff during the Lunar New Year, I personally save my exotic luck for that and eat everything else

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
The lower quality ones can also be combined with Artificing skill level 1 I to higher quality ones.

Luggage fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 19, 2022

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Early magic find bonuses are fairly cheap as far as luck goes. I’d just eat the 10/50/100s to get that trending up. You can either eat the exotic 200s too, save those for lunar new year (tbh I’m not sure what they exchange for then), or for tier 3 legendary weapons way down the road which require a stack of 250 exotic luck each.

And yes, luck/magic find is a permanent account bonus, you can see it on the main achievement window.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

The exotic ones are used for a ton of weapon skins and the weekly exchange during Lunar New Year. The legendary ones are mostly for crafting legendary weapons, but there are also a couple of new year skins you can buy with them, like the firework pauldrons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i have 2 stacks of exotic lucks on my bank in case i ever need them for crafting stuff and eat the rest
i've never seen the legendary one i think lmao

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Truga posted:

i have 2 stacks of exotic lucks on my bank in case i ever need them for crafting stuff and eat the rest
i've never seen the legendary one i think lmao

I've gotten maybe 5 total. I eat them all like a greedy little baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm sitting on a few legendary luck because who knows what I might want them for and magic find isn't that great outside of a couple events.