Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
What the gently caress :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol that's pretty clever, I thought those reflect spells had been nerfed but maybe one of them was just bugged.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
They might as well leave that in, it's not even a very strong gimmick.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Neat lil pro-tip:
The Omen Shackles can not only dispel illusory walls in a wide area, but they can trigger those stone imp pillars that shoot flame, too!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Neat lil pro-tip:
The Omen Shackles can not only dispel illusory walls in a wide area, but they can trigger those stone imp pillars that shoot flame, too!

Oh poo poo, that’s pretty good.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
They also destroy those summoning pots in the chariot catacombs. The shackles are fantastic.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

DoubleNegative posted:

They also destroy those summoning pots in the chariot catacombs. The shackles are fantastic.

Specifically Margit's, it has a much larger range than Mogh's.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are summoning pots...?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
IDK what they are either, but so far I skipped 2/3 of the hero graves because I heard they are bad and not worth doing

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I have never legitimately finished that one where you need to make the chariots smash into each other, I always use the shackle.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I dunno if they're summoning pots but there's pots in the starting area grave you can detach at a certain strategic moment that are a real pain to get the timing right with a bow. Good tip if it it's those.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

feelix posted:

IDK what they are either, but so far I skipped 2/3 of the hero graves because I heard they are bad and not worth doing

They're good

I think a patch made it so you don't die in one hit from the big robochariots anymore

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

They're good

I think a patch made it so you don't die in one hit from the big robochariots anymore

You didn't before if your vigor was high enough, possibly some defense stat as well, so they just lowered that level. They're a lot more annoying than scary now once you're used to them but will still terrify and maul anybody who first encounters them so a good balance. I do like that at least half the graves have intentional or unintentional ways to cheese them if you're just clever or observant enough.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Lol that's pretty clever, I thought those reflect spells had been nerfed but maybe one of them was just bugged.

yeah, the bug was never that "you can reflect your own spells", it was just that carian retaliation did a million bajillion times more damage than it was supposed to

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm shocked that chariots instakilling you was apparently not intended behaviour. It's one of those situations I guess where the developer's reputation precedes them so when I encountered instakill chariots I didn't think "this doesn't seem right" I thought "From, you old dogs"

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Everyone I spoke with about the graves always told me "destroy the pot and the chariots despawn." So I just assumed that's what was creating them. I guess it does make less sense that the shackle doesn't destroy any other random clutter objects. Though now I'm curious if the shackle is affecting the chariots themselves or if it's something spawning them that the area of effect hits.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DoubleNegative posted:

Everyone I spoke with about the graves always told me "destroy the pot and the chariots despawn." So I just assumed that's what was creating them. I guess it does make less sense that the shackle doesn't destroy any other random clutter objects. Though now I'm curious if the shackle is affecting the chariots themselves or if it's something spawning them that the area of effect hits.

In Fringlefolk the pots are just big pots, if you time it right it falls on the chariot and blows it up. So yeah it does sort of despawn it, just how you despawn a lot of mobs in this game and not a direct thing.

In...Azuria? I think? The shackle goes through the geometry to activate a pillar upwards, that shines a light that destroys the chariots. You're meant to platform down to the area and do it manually otherwise

The shackles just seem to do a huge AOE that does 0 damage which is what triggers the relevant bosses to be shackled, but it will also interact with anything else that requires contact but not damage, stuff like illusory walls and flame pillars

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The light doesn’t destroy the chariots, it spawns them. When you move the pillar, a chariot spawns in the way of the other two.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SLOSifl posted:

The light doesn’t destroy the chariots, it spawns them. When you move the pillar, a chariot spawns in the way of the other two.

Well poo poo I wish the game would let me pry that light off the pillar and use it as a summon then

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So I am very new and don’t read the spoilers in the thread really but is a chariot also that rear end in a top hat thing in Fringefolk Hero’s Grave?

Can I get rid of that stupid fucker?

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

SLOSifl posted:

As "puzzles" the chariot hero's graves are kind of poor, there's just too much time pressure for the player to really understand what the gently caress is going on. All you can do is just run towards the closest nook and cranny and funnel yourself down perceived paths until you finally hit the boss fog.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

And you really don’t have a way to know in advance that moving that specific pillar has that effect. I mean there’s some very minor hints I guess but as you said, when are you going to have time to really look around while running for cover?

That’s why the shackle effect is great, you can camp out in one of the two little safe zones and watch them collide. I keep assuming it will get patched out. Maybe the effect is just too important to modify without making the shackles useless in their intended areas?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

So I am very new and don’t read the spoilers in the thread really but is a chariot also that rear end in a top hat thing in Fringefolk Hero’s Grave?

Can I get rid of that stupid fucker?

Yep, you can destroy it permanently, I dunno if you want the method too?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good stuff in destroying them too such as armor that looks cool and is amazing for the final boss.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Veteran Armor used to be the best armor set due to its high poise-to-weight ratio, but now Tree Sentinel and Crucible set have now taken that spot.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yes I agree, Tree Sentinel is the coolest and most fashionable armour and therefore the best. The little bonsai warrior crest aaaa :buddy:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
I finally went back and farmed a set of Nox Swordstress Armor. Feeling pretty fashionable right now in NG+ :)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Hey the big guide book thingy does exist and vol one was finally recv'd, after 20 delays. I cant figure imgur out but it's a book looking thing.

Rannis on the cover.

oh there it is

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

Hey the big guide book thingy does exist and vol one was finally recv'd, after 20 delays. I cant figure imgur out but it's a book looking thing.

Rannis on the cover.

oh there it is

This thing is hefty pretty sure it counts as a STR weapon, i'll need to look around for some smithing stones to boost it up a little

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I got mine today also. Gorgeous book, this one is mostly the guide part with maps and stuff, lots of fun NPC detail as well.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What sphincters?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jay Rust posted:

What sphincters?

IIRC, it was someone’s take on the gross severed horn growths some of the omens have

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did you mean spincters?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
huh, I assumed it was the big boils that spit rot/poison at you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well what does the guide book say

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, they're just cut-down horns. You encounter Omens in all their naturally horny glory in the Subterranean Shunning Grounds.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It was dung eater's armour specifically. Which would kind of make sense

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:3:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Rannis on the cover.

oh there it is

This is some Super Deluxe strategy guide thing yeah? Looks neat, where'd you get it at? And has the info inside become horribly outdated yet due to patches/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Any lore of interest?