Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bleck posted:

What, we're just not gonna talk about that kid wearing a Daft Punk helmet?

Ugh now show me the Scarlet one :nallears:

Cubone style or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I haven't looked at most of the new Pokémon designs yet.

Could someone give me a non-spoilery cryptic description of the pseudo this gen?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Could someone give me a non-spoilery cryptic description of the pseudo this gen?

cold kaiju who likes to go upside down

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

the elemental opposite of charizard: chillizard

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

That one scene from an old kaiju film where godzilla makes himself flying tackle a monster by using his breath as a thruster.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh, I gotta ask my fashion ball question, can you get Beast Balls again this gen?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's a dragon that colds.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

oh, I gotta ask my fashion ball question, can you get Beast Balls again this gen?

Yes but poke balls from legends have been nerfed into the green Home style ball. At least for now anyway.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Flopsy posted:

Yes but poke balls from legends have been nerfed into the green Home style ball. At least for now anyway.
well that's fine, I only like beast balls because I'm absolutely brokebrained

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

remember when they changed the park ball to the sport ball and then changed it to not have an S on it. franchise unsalvageable at that point

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can get one through Dex progress. That's it as far as we know.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Eiba posted:

There are so few version exclusives that you should 100% be choosing your version by which color pants you can deal with.

Version locking clothes is a terrible idea but at least it makes choosing a version easy considering orange pinstripe pants are literally the worst clothing imaginable.

Also which lizard you ride on. That's another important concern. Exclusives are just post game fluff this time around, besides the fire knight guys.

Sun and Moon version locked clothes too. Sun got warm colours and Moon got cool colours.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

remember when they changed the park ball to the sport ball and then changed it to not have an S on it. franchise unsalvageable at that point

I'll be honest, I do not

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sounds like you never had a scizor in a red ball with an S on it........... a perfect match ...............

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Good old moon ball shiny Umbreon. Nothing will ever change you :smuggo:

Please don't let them change it all back to the boring standard balls in a sudden lapse of sanity patch. :ohdear:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
lmao ball stickers

e: anything but Luxury ball once you can obtain them is intentional cruelty

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Lux Animus posted:

lmao ball stickers

RIP Frustration :negative:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Nessa posted:

Sun and Moon version locked clothes too. Sun got warm colours and Moon got cool colours.
i don't know what was worse, that, or the way you obtained the alternate version's colors

all of the festival plaza/join avenue/etc ideas were interesting in theory but in practice they made it a massive pain in the rear end for everyone who doesnt live in an extremely high density Japanese city

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Balache404 posted:

You can get one through Dex progress. That's it as far as we know.
the worst of all possible worlds, I see :shepicide:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the worst of all possible worlds, I see :shepicide:

They might be released as raid prizes down the road. Honestly who knows.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Lux Animus posted:

lmao ball stickers

Premier ball is better. :colbert:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Blaziken386 posted:

i don't know what was worse, that, or the way you obtained the alternate version's colors

all of the festival plaza/join avenue/etc ideas were interesting in theory but in practice they made it a massive pain in the rear end for everyone who doesnt live in an extremely high density Japanese city

Festival Plaza was loving awful. HOWEVER, I would love to see that type-effectiveness quiz come back as a way to group multiplayer. When you hit y-comm, you answer one question, and you get raid-grouped with others who also got it right/wrong.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Anyone know an estimate on how long it takes to get one of the fossill pokemon? theyve been my faves since way back and sword shield was really cool letting me have almost a whole team of them, ive got a friend playing the opposite version so im just wondering if its a "you get one based on your version" or if you get more fossils that you rez through whatever way? any info is appreciated, random online searches arent giving me any solid info. thanks!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hibbloes posted:

Anyone know an estimate on how long it takes to get one of the fossill pokemon? theyve been my faves since way back and sword shield was really cool letting me have almost a whole team of them, ive got a friend playing the opposite version so im just wondering if its a "you get one based on your version" or if you get more fossils that you rez through whatever way? any info is appreciated, random online searches arent giving me any solid info. thanks!

No fossils at all in Scarlet or Violet.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Zore posted:

No fossils at all in Scarlet or Violet.

well thats depressing, but thanks for the heads up. weird considering the past/future angle they got going on.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hibbloes posted:

well thats depressing, but thanks for the heads up. weird considering the past/future angle they got going on.

Fossil pokemon are widely available in SW/SH so if you can stomach those games you'll be pretty flush with em'.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I wonder how they're going to handle the Galar fossils in a future game. The circumstances on how you get them seems very specific, and I doubt there will be other people who would emulate Cara Liss's methods.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Cara Liss shows up in every new region with the Galar fossils available personally, always on the run from the law for her crimes against Pokemon and Arceus.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hibbloes posted:

i assume part of it is to head off people going 'why aren't all the fossil pokemon just walking around everywhere available to catch in an area, gamefreak is so lazy'

especially since they're kinda, like, doing their own thing on that angle with this gen as it is

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Stab posted:

Premier ball is better. :colbert:

the 'Endless white room' pokeball is serviceable for legendaries, fine, whatever

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Larryb posted:

I mean, we’ve basically had that since Gen 1

True, but it was a lot easier to ignore when you're looking at a pixelated sprite and not watching a seemingly rotoscoped ballerina do a twirl as it prances onto the battlefield. Very much one of those is what it is things, and what it is (to me) is weird.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Might be a dumb question but if I stroll in to a 24 hour Walmart on Friday morning, like 6 am, will I be able to buy the game?

Or will there possibly be some dumb BS about the game still being in the stockroom and I’ll walk out empty handed?

I’d have to pick it up super early to be able to get to work on time. Otherwise I’m stuck waiting for Amazon that might not drop it off until like 8 pm.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting hosed up over craft brews with my best cat pal, Purrminator the Incineroar, and you're saying that's weird.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I wanna see the Galar fossils properly put together. Just make those into new Pokémon. Another paleontologist came to fix Cara Liss’s work.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why ruin perfection?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nanigans posted:

Might be a dumb question but if I stroll in to a 24 hour Walmart on Friday morning, like 6 am, will I be able to buy the game?

Or will there possibly be some dumb BS about the game still being in the stockroom and I’ll walk out empty handed?

I’d have to pick it up super early to be able to get to work on time. Otherwise I’m stuck waiting for Amazon that might not drop it off until like 8 pm.
It might depend on the individual store and person you ask but my last personal experience with a simple attempt to see if I could buy something on the shelf at Walmart early (like, the night before the official release), the system beeped the clerk that the game wasn't able to be sold yet and that was that. WAS back in 2008, so things could be different.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Nessa posted:

I wanna see the Galar fossils properly put together. Just make those into new Pokémon. Another paleontologist came to fix Cara Liss’s work.

We'd have to have the missing pieces from each of the four fossils to do that.

Which could be a neat concept for another generation, but I doubt we'll ever get to see it. I think it'll be an "original kyurem" situation, left to the imagination

There's neat fan art out there though

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Nessa posted:

I want to see this, but instead of the actual fossils, give the other halves in each game. Give me a tiny little pair of raptor legs windmilling off of a big ol hunk of stegosaurus.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Nanigans posted:

If you're near a gamestop (and still awake) you can get it at 11 pm tomorrow. That's what I'm doing. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

They really should redo the fossil mixmatching but include (half of) one of the classic fossils this time too