Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TaurusOxford posted:

It's entirely possible they were scooping in hopes of being matched with an opponent they could curbstomp, rather than having a drawn-out duel.

I think it's exactly this. You might not get EXP for surrendering, but that doesn't mean sitting there waiting to lose is a good use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i'm only familiar with it in duel links, but there are loads of opponents who will surrender the second it looks like you're actually going to play the game. more than a couple times i have taken a look at my opponent's board, thought "well I'm not sure how I'm going to crack this but i might as well try", normal summoned a monster & my opponent immediately wets themselves & scoops

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bo1 encourages giving up too fast, especially if you're getting tilted.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What I hate is how you’re probably still going to get nothing even if you stick it out because of how piddly the points are for almost everything except winning. Aside from being just that desperate to clear out a daily mission, there’s literally no reason to not surrender and move on to the next match once it becomes clear that you’ve irrecoverably lost.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Regalingualius posted:

What I hate is how you’re probably still going to get nothing even if you stick it out because of how piddly the points are for almost everything except winning. Aside from being just that desperate to clear out a daily mission, there’s literally no reason to not surrender and move on to the next match once it becomes clear that you’ve irrecoverably lost.

It's really stupid how the points don't stack between matches. Like, thanks for the 3500 points - 500 of which are completely worthless.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You run self-burn suicide deck if you want to rush for score.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I actually caught a self-burn deck in the replays for the five gems. They managed to get themselves down to 100LP before passing, and the opponent still insisted on comboing into a 12000 attack King of Skull Servants for the kill.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

I actually caught a self-burn deck in the replays for the five gems. They managed to get themselves down to 100LP before passing, and the opponent still insisted on comboing into a 12000 attack King of Skull Servants for the kill.

Gotta complete the secret challenge of Deal over 8.000 Damage in a single Attack and the "Ultra Burst" achievement

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nyaa posted:

You run self-burn suicide deck if you want to rush for score.

I feel like if you have even a passible win rate this isnt really that effective, like even self burn takes time to lose 10 games that winning one is way easier imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skios posted:

Also yeah, of course they did, you dont play skull servants to not make the number as big as you can

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The advantage of self burn is that you set a bot to play it all day while you're away at work

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Huh, MD just punched Floo and ... I guess Speedroid. Wind Barrier Statue is going to be banned at the end of the month.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Speedroids don't run Wind Barrier Statue. That's entirely for Floo I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Good. I don't mind pure Floo, but Stun decks with access to one-sided Barrier Statues are always too much.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Konami saw Floo, and they thought Tearlament had too much competition

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oooh, they're unlimiting Magical Meltdown. Nice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hitting the 4th best deck in the meta before touching Branded Despia is very loving funny.

People see 1 floodgate and lose their goddamn minds.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Which of the loaner decks looks to be the best

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
MD banlists continue to be unhinged, lmao.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The floo endboard sucked so much, I'm glad it's dead.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hitting the 4th best deck in the meta before touching Branded Despia is very loving funny.

Hey now, they put Branded Opening at two.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I have a branded despia deck so yeah sure i will happily accept not hitting me in any way

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Which of the loaner decks looks to be the best
All three deck plays differently and equally strong this time. Supreme King does lose out a bit on not able to trigger their broken trap that requires a spell to trigger… unless pendulum effect count as spell?

It also depends on what play style you want. Dino is a control and maybe beatdown, while Amazement have more trap interactivity with its monster.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Setting a pendulum scale would count as activating a spell card, sure. And any activated effects from them would be spell effects.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Something that I don't think was shared here was that a few weeks ago, in the OCG, a deck got a 3rd place tournament finish with Mushroom Man #2. Yes, THAT Mushroom Man.

This is the decklist:

And yeah, there is a real meta reason for it, with other decks including a copy in their sideboards apparently. Stealing from reddit:

redditor posted:

Kashtira is the deck that can make good use of it, especially in the mirror match. Mushroom Man #2 has 2 effects; mandatory eff of owner taking 300 every standby phase, and paying 500 in endphase to give the card to the opponent.

Kashtira is a deck that doesn't rely on the normal summon, so they can just summon this and give it to the opponent in the endphase.

Mushroom Man #2 mainly has 2 upsides. First is that it puts a monster on opponents board which makes opponents Fenrir/Unicorn/Ogre not able to special summon themselves. Right now most Kashtira players run Donner, Dagger Fur Hire to clean their board to special summon Kashtira monsters while also popping opponents cards, but it requires 2 monsters with different types. Riseheart, the only normal summon in Kashtira, is a warrior, and somehow Mushroom Man #2 is also warrior so they cannot make Donner with this combination.

Second advantage is that the mandatory effect will trigger your Unicorn's effect of looking at opponents deck and banishing one face down. While a lot of players are prepared for a single banish with Diablosis, the second banish could break up the opponents plans.

Silent Wobby in the side deck is probably being run for the same reasons, tho the card does have some downsides compared to the Mushroom Man #2.

Since its usability is limited to the Kashtira mirror match, Mushroom Man #2 probably would not become a staple for the topping Kashtira lists to come. However, it really shows that any card can have its viability in the modern meta.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
It's a pity that it's about to become irrelevant before somebody has to come up with a counter to Mushroom Man #2. All hail Ishizu Tearlament.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I saw a great Ishizu cosplayer at PAX Australia, and I can only imagine she is exactly the one person extremely hype about Ishizu Tearlament.

That said, I do want more meta retrains of extremely 'anime' cards. C'mon, Konami, let me kick Spright's rear end with a tennis-themed deck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

All the freak ritual guys from Spell Ruler need extremely broken retrains.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

All the freak ritual guys from Spell Ruler need extremely broken retrains.
Hell, make them new Gishki support so they have an archetype to prop them up instead of being one-off legacy support that gets immediately forgotten about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Hell, make them new Gishki support so they have an archetype to prop them up instead of being one-off legacy support that gets immediately forgotten about.

Make them generic ritual support that's busted and name them all Ritual Origin. Like "Ritual Origin: Hangry Burger" lets you bin it to search any ritual monster and a ritual spell and if you use that spell this turn you can banish from the graveyard for cost. Seriously just back ritual busted again, gently caress this extra deck garbage.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I keep my rank low to play fun decks, but in the festival, everyone is going hard. I faced Swordsoul from someone is supposedly Gold 3. WTF!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Make them generic ritual support that's busted and name them all Ritual Origin. Like "Ritual Origin: Hangry Burger" lets you bin it to search any ritual monster and a ritual spell and if you use that spell this turn you can banish from the graveyard for cost. Seriously just back ritual busted again, gently caress this extra deck garbage.

This is a fun idea, so I took a crack at putting it in PSCT (and made the ritual spell, too, because why the gently caress not).

quote:

The Legendary Hangry Burger
DARK / Level 6
Warrior/Ritual/Effect
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "The Legendary" Ritual Spell Card. When this card is Ritual Summoned: Add 1 "The Legendary" card from your GY to your hand. You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; Add 1 Ritual Spell from your Deck to your hand, then you can add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck or GY to your hand whose name is mentioned on that Ritual Spell. If you activate that Spell this turn, you can banish this card from your GY as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. You can only activate each effect of "The Legendary Hangry Burger" once per turn.
ATK 2000 / DEF 1850

quote:

The Legendary Hamburger Recipe
Ritual Spell
This card can be used to Ritual Summon "The Legendary Hangry Burger", or any "The Legendary" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand and/or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If your opponent controls a monster with the same Attribute as the monster you are Ritual Summoning, you may also Tribute monsters of that Attribute from your opponent's field, and your opponent cannot activate the effects of monsters of that Attribute in response to this card's activation. During the Main Phase: (Quick Effect) You can banish this card from your GY; Until end of turn, Ritual Monsters you control are unaffected by card effects. You can only activate each effect of "The Legendary Hamburger Recipe" once per turn.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 17, 2022

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just won a match with the Dinomorphia loaner vs. an Agent of Order deck that ended with an 8-chain :allears:

I started by activating the trap to rez a couple of them… specifically, the guy that lets you send a card from deck to do 500 LP to the opponent on summon, after I’d knocked them down to 300 thanks to Stealthbergia getting to activate off of something with 3200 ATK. That then kicked off a string of negates and counter-negates (including a set Infinite Impermanence from the opponent!) that all ended with my little guy’s effect getting to go off.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Dinomorphia deck is probably the most fun deck to watch. They always fight on the edge to the very end. :zoro:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Really looking forward to Dinomorphia's actually good cards. Should be in one of the next two packs.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just got out of a match so good, I had to record it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancSdswIUUs

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Regalingualius posted:

Just got out of a match so good, I had to record it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancSdswIUUs

LMAO at having 16 life total lol. That's an actual reasonable life total for magic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Dinomorbin fact for you gamers, if you only have 1 LP, anything that costs half is free since it rounds down.

Meaning you can in fact get no cost Solemn Judgements. It's very funny.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Two related questions:

1) Is Dinomorphia an actually legitimately good deck outside of the gimmick format?

2) How long does it usually take for retired Selection Packs to become discoverable secret packs? Looks like I just missed the boat on the Invincible Raid one that had a lot of the pieces for the deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

1) There are cards that haven't been released yet that will make it a better deck, but it will never be the meta.

2) It hasn't happened yet, but there are signs that they're at least planning on adding new cards to the old packs.