Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/wholesomememe/status/1592677580242419712?s=46&t=97UuNMGyZPWQjk5Xl4mK9w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

feedmyleg posted:

It also has a spinoff TV series Message from Space: Galactic Warriors that was edited into a sequel movie titled Sword of the Space Ark. I haven't been brave enough to venture into the show, yet.

This is a great opportunity for me to once again bring up the Neon Harbor YouTube channel which does (did, :rip:) fantastic breakdowns of old foreign ripoffs of Hollywood films. For instance, the real Italian Star Wars ripoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCvM1gu0J3c

And did you know that not only was there a Turkish Star Wars, but also a Turkish Flash Gordon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmvQPRosjus

What about a Turkish Star Trek? Where they make a movie out of 3 episodes of TOS, but also add a Turkish comedian into the mix playing himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6aEYd-U0pk

Not to mention Italian Conan the Barbarian, Turkish Straw Dogs, Korean Tron, Brazilian Planet of the Apes, Indonesian Rambo...

e: :lol: thought I was in CineD. Oh well, enjoy regardless.

All of this loving rules, and thank you for posting it in PYF and reminding me that I need to return to CineD

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I am not an anxious person at all, it's almost foreign to me although my wife is a nervous wreck half the time so we balance each other out. I never once had an anxiety dream in my entire life until I had kids and now I have dreams where one or both of them is missing or kidnapped and nobody will help me or even acknowledge me at all as I try to get help. It's the loving worst and I can't imagine these type of dreams being a regular thing for people their whole life.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Watching a tiny version of this it's like they're hooting and hollering for a nuclear bomb.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/KarnRulez/status/1592796760170434565

https://twitter.com/AlessandraVaron/status/1592688837855105024

Amoeba102 posted:

When you have school dreams, you don't immediately realise that you've already completed your tertiary degree and so school doesnt matter and just walk out?

:hfive: Hell yeah, fellow lucid dreamer.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Lobok posted:

Watching a tiny version of this it's like they're hooting and hollering for a nuclear bomb.

Lmao I had the same thought. Let's be real though, if they were still testing that poo poo, there would be spectators and tweets and tiktoks with some kid 'flossing' in front of the mushroom cloud.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!

BRB, reviewing the Taliaferro.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1593038245398343681

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I get dreams where I'm in the back seat of an Uber, but I realize no one's driving so I have to awkwardly reach around the driver's seat and try to steer the car.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

grittyreboot posted:

I get dreams where I'm in the back seat of an Uber, but I realize no one's driving so I have to awkwardly reach around the driver's seat and try to steer the car.

I have “awkward reacharound in an Uber” dreams too but they don’t involve steering the car.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mister Speaker posted:

Lmao I had the same thought. Let's be real though, if they were still testing that poo poo, there would be spectators and tweets and tiktoks with some kid 'flossing' in front of the mushroom cloud.

And amazingly it wouldn't be the dumbest most dangerous thing people do for clout.

Lobok has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Nov 17, 2022

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Mister Speaker posted:

This was a thing when tests were still happening.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

grittyreboot posted:

One of the earliest nightmares I can remember is being in the back seat of the family car and it's tearing down the main road near my apartment, no one at the wheel. I'm trying to get to the steering wheel but I was just a little kid and had no idea how to drive.

Funny how it stayed with me all these years.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Potato Salad posted:

Why would someone who wants to leave not also take a quarter of their annual pay on their way out?

If you get fired without cause, you get the severance twitter owes you plus access to unemployment which sounds like a better deal than just 3 months wages.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I have nightmares where I can't remember my high school locker combination. And it's true, I cannot currently remember my high school locker combination.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've definitely had dreams about having to drive a car, sometimes in the back seat sometimes not. Probably anxiety based on not having a license.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/belovasoup/status/1592352422093283332

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Elon Musk buys Twitter and within a matter of weeks the Twitter thread is on page 1488. makes u think.... ..

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Elon Musk buys Twitter and within a matter of weeks the Twitter thread is on page 1488. makes u think.... ..

It's on page 1984 on my settings. Make you think even more!!!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

It's on page 1984 on my settings. Make you think even more!!!

The forums should not give us the option to choose posts per page because unifying around certain page numbers is a time honored tradition.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I feel pretty ok about my job but if I was offered 3 months pay to quit I'd be out of there so fast I'd throw up in the parking lot.

https://twitter.com/DnDeej/status/1592877600330092546?t=x_7GUAgKyTYjL31fdSzCeA&s=19

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Posting on the Elon page

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

I've heard people argue recently we should restart limited above ground testing and encourage this because the younger generations have no real understanding of just how destructive and dangerous nukes are and that needs to be reinstilled viscerally.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

D-Pad posted:

I've heard people argue recently we should restart limited above ground testing and encourage this because the younger generations have no real understanding of just how destructive and dangerous nukes are and that needs to be reinstilled viscerally.

nuclear weapons: victims of their own success

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

If you get fired without cause, you get the severance twitter owes you plus access to unemployment which sounds like a better deal than just 3 months wages.
The question is if twitter will be broke enough that they have no money to pay owed wages by the time they get around to firing you

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Mister Speaker posted:

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This was a thing when tests were still happening.

Yup, you'd think it's just something from Fallout, but nah.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/atomic-tourism-nevada/
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-08-08/atomic-tests-were-a-tourist-draw-in-1950s-las-vegas

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

D-Pad posted:

what are the younger generations supposed to do with that information besides live in fear of something they have absolutely no control over

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

repiv posted:

what are the younger generations supposed to do with that information besides live in fear of something they have absolutely no control over

:ssh: it's a tortured justification for a nationalistic/patriotic flavoured kink, not a good faith argument

The people who say it have a very amateurish understanding of nuclear politics or how deterrance work

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Foxfire_ posted:

The question is if twitter will be broke enough that they have no money to pay owed wages by the time they get around to firing you

all you gotta do is shittalk elam on twitter or slack and youre good, baby

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Stealth Tiger posted:

I have nightmares where I can't remember my high school locker combination. And it's true, I cannot currently remember my high school locker combination.

Holy poo poo, this post just made me remember my highschool locker combination. It was 24-32-26. In 1997.
Weird.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

:ssh: it's a tortured justification for a nationalistic/patriotic flavoured kink, not a good faith argument

The people who say it have a very amateurish understanding of nuclear politics or how deterrance work

I mean, those ye olde young people in Read After Burning's post certainly don't seem to give a poo poo

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/everytract/status/1593035255652306945?s=21&t=e4EWg_k_3XAGs19GcEiRUA
Some good replies in the thread.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My Spirit Otter posted:

I'm pretty sure "agree to an unspecified demand for indefinite unpaid overtime by a manic idiot CEO or face to severance" does not count as cause, particularly if you have a couple thousand people who simultaneously paid the same clause and therefore can afford a competent class action suit of lawyers who'd love to stick it to Elon Musk.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Silly Newbie posted:

Holy poo poo, this post just made me remember my highschool locker combination. It was 24-32-26. In 1997.
Weird.

loving terrible opsec. Shameful.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Silly Newbie posted:

Weird.

Were you 5'3" at the time?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Were you 5'3" at the time?

lmao

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

repiv posted:

Stop supporting Ukraine? It really smacks of Russian bots trying to boost Putin's threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Nazi page? I do "not" want to "zi" this page any more!!!