Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
The Eviscerator in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq9mu4jUCkw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

beware of yon barrel

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think this is somehow the first 40k FPS with usable chain weapons, because I believe neither Space Hulk or Necromunda: Hired Gun featured them

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
New Nvidia drivers out, Darktide mentioned as a game. Some people during the beta test claimed they got better performance when they rolled back their drivers, so I guess keep that in mind if it's a problem.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tagichatn posted:

Check your local time with this handy infographic

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Me at 7pm CET:-

https://youtu.be/a1Gd4Rkf-jU

https://youtu.be/ZVA69Tu331M

https://youtu.be/pgnkpBLuiQk

https://youtu.be/-nIJdHn1FFE

https://youtu.be/EqQuihD0hoI

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Flavahbeast posted:

they're hoping nothing will be wiped but they reserve the right to wipe if something goes wrong

so during the beta if something corrupts character data or everyones stats glitch to 9999 they're not going to painstakingly go through the database and correct it, they'll just wipe

Yeah, they are only going to wipe if there's a showstopping bug. Stat glitches, equipment dupes, poo poo like that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

uncalled for! posted:

it looks like you're arguing that regular rejects couldn't kill a space marine when you say they'd immediately die

I'm looking forward to repeatedly manhandling space marines with well-placed overhead strikes. bashing their silly armor to bits with a trench shovel. shooting a red barrel to turn a patrol of plague marines into a big ol mess

I'm not sure why you couldn't spot the obviously joke response, did you think I was beginning a series of arguments? The joke was just a throwaway comment about how fast marines of any stripe could kill a bunch of regular people. Hell, check out the Astartes video on youtube for a good example. But it's 40k, marines of all types are simultaneously the doom of all planets and capable of being easily chumped depending on the piece of fiction they're appearing in and whether or not the main characters happen to be lugging around a special weapon, or get lucky, or a million other contrivances that pop up in the fiction. FatShark was the one who said that marines wouldn't be in the game, I don't particularly care, but apparently they felt it wasn't appropriate for whatever story they want the rejects to be a part of - at least so far.

e: and if I were in their shoes I would probably agree if for no other reason than it meant I would have to avoid a bunch of nerds insisting on being able to use space marine equipment for their characters even more than they already will be

ee: IMO if chaos marines were gonna show up in a fatshark game I'd prefer it was in DarkTide 2: Deathwatch :v:

S.J. fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 17, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Seems like they changed the final tier of skills so that they do like 3 things at once, really changing how you play the class and use your ability, interesting.

before:

after:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

goddamn they really should have hired alex jones as a voice actor

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

nice nice

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
New Gforce drivers have dropped for Darktide!

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

Probably not gonna be a download until it goes live in ~15.5 hours

ahh, I'm really looking forward to downloading the game at 10am PST quickly and without any issues. are there any technical reasons why they wouldn't go for a preload?

S.J. posted:

I'm not sure why you couldn't spot the obviously joke response, did you think I was beginning a series of arguments? The joke was just a throwaway comment about how fast marines of any stripe could kill a bunch of regular people. Hell, check out the Astartes video on youtube for a good example. But it's 40k, marines of all types are simultaneously the doom of all planets and capable of being easily chumped depending on the piece of fiction they're appearing in and whether or not the main characters happen to be lugging around a special weapon, or get lucky, or a million other contrivances that pop up in the fiction. FatShark was the one who said that marines wouldn't be in the game, I don't particularly care, but apparently they felt it wasn't appropriate for whatever story they want the rejects to be a part of - at least so far.

e: and if I were in their shoes I would probably agree if for no other reason than it meant I would have to avoid a bunch of nerds insisting on being able to use space marine equipment for their characters even more than they already will be

ee: IMO if chaos marines were gonna show up in a fatshark game I'd prefer it was in DarkTide 2: Deathwatch :v:

wanting cool guns in a video game: nerd
posting about how the special space equipment is only for special boys: not a nerd, don't even particularly care

if you want a picture of darktide, picture the space marine end boss getting stunlocked by 4 guardsmen into a pile of goop, forever

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Me and the boys waiting on the beta preload

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ChickenHeart posted:

Me and the boys waiting on the beta preload

Why wud u doxx me like dis

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I look forward to starting the download in 4 hours and not having it finish until late this evening.

Orv
May 4, 2011

uncalled for! posted:

ahh, I'm really looking forward to downloading the game at 10am PST quickly and without any issues. are there any technical reasons why they wouldn't go for a preload?

I wonder if you still have to go through Valve to do pre-loads at all? Either way, rough.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

uncalled for! posted:

wanting cool guns in a video game: nerd
posting about how the special space equipment is only for special boys: not a nerd, don't even particularly care

if you want a picture of darktide, picture the space marine end boss getting stunlocked by 4 guardsmen into a pile of goop, forever

What are you even talking about lmao just keeping making up stuff I guess. Sorry the devs said marines won't be in the game

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Yeah, Fatshark has explicitly said no marines, chaos or otherwise and I believe them.

Besides, thats the obvious escalation point for Darktide 2. I bet they save it for the next game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Someone needs to rip the music from this game asap now that the beta is back because

:piss:GOT drat THIS SOUNDTRACK IS FIRE:piss:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Eldar would be a cool enemy to fight.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Who is Sienna? Zealot, right? I want to be whoever she is. I know it's not official but I'm certain they got everyone back and I refuse to doubt it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

Who is Sienna? Zealot, right? I want to be whoever she is. I know it's not official but I'm certain they got everyone back and I refuse to doubt it.

Psyker. Zealot is melee focused.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

think he meant voice actress

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

big cummers ONLY posted:

None of the vt2 VAs are in according to what other goons said. They have people doing impersonations though. The Sienna facsimile is either female psyker 2 or 3.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

think he meant voice actress

Ah, gotcha.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

DeathSandwich posted:

None of the vt2 VAs are in according to what other goons said. They have people doing impersonations though. The Sienna facsimile is either female psyker 2 or 3.

Source? They are uncredited but when it was brought up on reddit, a community manager said that the entire voice cast has not been announced. I think they are being cheeky.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Source? They are uncredited but when it was brought up on reddit, a community manager said that the entire voice cast has not been announced. I think they are being cheeky.

I think it was brought up in the old thread. Someone had a list of the VAs from Fatshark.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I'm gonna interpret that as shenanigans and say they are the same VAs. People love them and hiring new people to impersonate them would be such an insane "gently caress you" from a professional standpoint that I don't think they'd do it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They put out a big article with the voice actors for all the classes a while back, I don't think any of the Vermintide 2 actors are on it from my very cursory glance but I very well could be wrong. https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-voices-of-the-41st-millennium

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
One of the ogryn voices is Bardin to a T. If they went out of their way to replace the popular voice actors with people just doing impersonations I would think they would get a ton of backlash. People go crazy for voice actors they love.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i liked Vermintide somewhat but the aesthetic was a whiff for me. Darktide looks much more my kinda jam though

I didn't play in the playtest but I heard it was really buggy even by FatShark standards?

(edit) oh forgot the most important question: are da boyz present in any form or do i have to weep at the distinct lack of WAAAGH

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 17, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

i liked Vermintide somewhat but the aesthetic was a whiff for me. Darktide looks much more my kinda jam though

I didn't play in the playtest but I heard it was really buggy even by FatShark standards?

Performance was pretty bad for a lot of people including myself but I didn't really experience any bugs. I didn't play much more than half a dozen rounds or so though because I had gotten what I wanted out of that beta.

They did say that performance should be improved across the board now compared to what we saw in the beta so fingers crossed it'll be better. Check back with us in a couple hours :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

(edit) oh forgot the most important question: are da boyz present in any form or do i have to weep at the distinct lack of WAAAGH

Sadly there is no Waaaagh! :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

S.J. posted:

Sadly there is no Waaaagh! :(
:smith:

explosivo posted:

They did say that performance should be improved across the board now compared to what we saw in the beta so fingers crossed it'll be better. Check back with us in a couple hours :v:
is there another beta or something today? neat. i'll do just that then

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Today starts the early release / pre-release beta if you preordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

moosecow333 posted:

One of the ogryn voices is Bardin to a T. If they went out of their way to replace the popular voice actors with people just doing impersonations I would think they would get a ton of backlash. People go crazy for voice actors they love.

This is my thought as well. Plus the post from the community manager on Reddit saying "stay tuned, we haven't revealed EVERYONE teehee".

It would be a lovely thing to snub the U5 VAs especially when they are hugely beloved by the community.. Double lovely to then cast new people to do impersonations of those VAs, but as different characters. That'd be very aggro for no reason