Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Duncanville I never noticed anything that out of sorts but I liked the show from the get-go so I might have just omitted it. Family guy in particular has some lousy voice acting, especially mila kunis.

I feel like a lot of the good gags in Duncanville get stepped on by delivery, a la Mila Kunis. The teacher is especially flat and can't land any punchlines. Generally the performances don't have the same range or textures as those in American Dad, they're always just exclaiming everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I say "oh boy, WATER!!!" every time I drink water.

Every. Time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Milo and POTUS posted:

Family guy in particular has some lousy voice acting, especially mila kunis.

They need to either never make Meg emote again or send Mila Kunis to all-expenses-paid voice acting camp or something. She sounds good as an awkward whiny teenager, but I suspect that's because that's how Mila Kunis generally sounds.

As far as the rest of the Family Guy voice cast goes, I can't think of any other ones I have an issue with. Alex Borstein in particular is pretty decent imho, although she doesn't really get to use her range often.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The future is borax

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

I say "oh boy, WATER!!!" every time I drink water.

Every. Time.

Wah-ter? Wah. Ter? What am I doing Stan?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

People don't know what's good for them, Stan.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
So what are pecan sandies exactly

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

YeahTubaMike posted:

They need to either never make Meg emote again or send Mila Kunis to all-expenses-paid voice acting camp or something. She sounds good as an awkward whiny teenager, but I suspect that's because that's how Mila Kunis generally sounds.

As far as the rest of the Family Guy voice cast goes, I can't think of any other ones I have an issue with. Alex Borstein in particular is pretty decent imho, although she doesn't really get to use her range often.

Personally I don't blame Mila Kunis for giving flat performances as Meg these days, she's either barely even in episodes anymore or the plots they do give her are terrible, indeed I think it was like maybe season 5 at the latest that we had any Meg focused plots that weren't terrible, at this point they should just write off the character(while we're at it do the same with Chris cause they don't really use him well either anymore)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Plant MONSTER. posted:

So what are pecan sandies exactly

Shortbread with a candied pecan on top/crushed inside.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I don't blame Mila Kunis for giving flat performances as Meg these days, she's either barely even in episodes anymore or the plots they do give her are terrible, indeed I think it was like maybe season 5 at the latest that we had any Meg focused plots that weren't terrible, at this point they should just write off the character(while we're at it do the same with Chris cause they don't really use him well either anymore)

It's not as if any of the characters are any good anymore on the show. The episodes are still watchable for the most part, but the best ones are honestly the concept episodes anymore.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Family Guy has recently made some course corrections to be at least watchable now, but nothing about it is character based humor or anything all that insightful, since they've kinda destroyed all the characters and in some cases turned them into literal opposites of what they used to be (Brian).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't know I feel like if their intent with him was to skewer annoying worthless liberals they've done a bang up job. Great even. God it's a show with unlikeable characters lol. Contrast that with the smiths who I all kinda like at least

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
None of the smith family are really killjoys except for maybe stan, but that only seems to escalate his insanity

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

...you're right... we're WATER! I'm a man made out of water! I'M A WATER MAN!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Given what she used her range for on Mad TV it's probably best if she doesn't.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

She's pretty great on Mrs. Maisel. Imagine, growth in the two decades since the bad tv show!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The_Doctor posted:

Part of me wants to sit down & write a whole fully fleshed out version of Piñata Man, but :effort:

I really want to know how the hell that play would actually be though. At least Blood Crieth Unto Heaven has a discernible plot.

bull3964 posted:

It's not as if any of the characters are any good anymore on the show. The episodes are still watchable for the most part, but the best ones are honestly the concept episodes anymore.

Agreed. The high school book report one and the three directors ones are among my faves.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh god, I forgot about Tricia Takanawa too. :geno:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I just realized how many jokes/gags revolving around flowers on this show. Stan eating rose stems, Francine's rose garden, Francine seeing jonquils and tulips but no carnations, Roger's best persona etc.

Good stuff, good stuff

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gentle song, gentle song...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Please Please Jeff
Season 19, Episode 18 - November 21st, 2022
Jeff's people pleasing nature gets in the way of his relationship with Hayley; Stan wears a confusing costume to the CIA costume party.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Why are American Dad seasons numbered so weirdly? Hulu's most recent is "You Are Here" which it has in season 17. Google has "A Song of Knives and Fire" as the most recent. I had to go to the wikipedia page to figure out which episodes are actually coming out now.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Oh you poor child

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
A Menendez brothers reference in 2022 :psyduck: :corsair:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kool-Aid and... Everclear?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tuttle, put some clothes on!

I don't wanna!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Even my trigger discipline is better than Stan's. Is that because Stan is insane?

You know, to quote myself from 2021,

YeahTubaMike posted:

there is only so much Jeff stupidity I can handle, and this episode went well beyond that. If he's that stupid, it starts making Hayley seem like a pedo.

This episode gave me a whole OTHER angle from which to view Hayley's potential pedo-ness, despite the fact that I hadn't even thought about it in a while. I mean, it quashed the idea and all, but still in a way that felt kind of like "you see??? Hayley ISN'T a predator, so there!".

Also, I feel like I was more amused by Stan's costume after the episode was over, and I'm not sure why. I laughed out loud at Memphis Stormfront not interviewing the guy and Roger screaming at Jeff to drive his plane though. :haw:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Didn't Steve say he wonders if Hayley's commiting a crime being married to Jeff for that reason? I can't remember fully and I'm only on Season 5 right now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FOOT LOCKER

E X P O S E D

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey! Hayley didn't propose to Jeff! Jeff proposed to Hayley in 100 A.D. (the episode they made to celebrate 100 episodes of American Dad, but it was actually then 97th episode to air)! :argh: Boy I hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Also, speaking of continuity: Nerfer and Danuta appear to be living together, we know from a previous episode that Nerfer recently got married, clearly Nerfer and Danuta are now married. Sorry Klaus, probably time to stop making Danuta mix tapes, she doesn't have time to listen to them anyway she and her wife are too busy buying bats.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Nerfer clearly left her fiancé at the altar in a cutaway or reference that will happen in a later episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Who voice of manager? God he sounds familiar

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It was Gary Anthony Williams.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey! Hayley didn't propose to Jeff! Jeff proposed to Hayley in 100 A.D. (the episode they made to celebrate 100 episodes of American Dad, but it was actually then 97th episode to air)! :argh: Boy I hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Also, speaking of continuity: Nerfer and Danuta appear to be living together, we know from a previous episode that Nerfer recently got married, clearly Nerfer and Danuta are now married. Sorry Klaus, probably time to stop making Danuta mix tapes, she doesn't have time to listen to them anyway she and her wife are too busy buying bats.

Maybe they are into it, all the bullshit Klaus says that is unbelievable typically come true.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gonz posted:

FOOT LOCKER

E X P O S E D

That gag was amazing.

Of course Klaus would include on a mix tape for a girl he likes the Thong Song. Jesus, its been a long time since I heard that but iimmediately recognized it.

Great episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who voice of manager? God he sounds familiar

bull3964 posted:

It was Gary Anthony Williams.

I think he also played Dusty Baker on the show, inventer of the high five who drowned in a giant fish bowl of his own creation.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I think he also played Dusty Baker on the show, inventer of the high five who drowned in a giant fish bowl of his own creation.

He's been in American Dad a bunch (among other things, he's a prolific voice actor.)

- Please Please Jeff (2022) ... Restaurant Manager (voice)
- Gold Top Nuts (2022) ... Pilot (voice)
- American Dad Graffito (2022) ... SubHub Regional Manager (voice)
- Shakedown Steve (2021) ... Nitrous Mafia Leader (voice)
- Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story (2020) ... Security Guard (voice)
- The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady (2019) ... Janitor (voice)
- Flavortown (2019) ... Valet Customer (voice)
- One-Woman Swole (2019) ... (voice)
- The Never-Ending Stories (2018) ... Battle Rapper (voice)
- Shell Game (2018) ... Security Guard (voice)
- Kloger (2017) ... Prisoner (voice)
- Bazooka Steve (2017) ... Island Sheriff (voice)
- Garfield and Friends (2016)
- The Longest Distance Relationship (2014) ... (voice)
- Introducing the Naughty Stewardesses (2014) ... Mark Cuban's Assistant (voice)

He was also Stevie's dad in Malcolm in the Middle.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Monkey Klaus would make a great avatar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

limp_cheese posted:

That gag was amazing.

Of course Klaus would include on a mix tape for a girl he likes the Thong Song. Jesus, its been a long time since I heard that but iimmediately recognized it.

Great episode.

Klaus perpetually having zero game when it comes to hitting on Danuta is a running gag that I hope American Dad never gets rid of.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

FOOT LOCKER

E X P O S E D
I loved that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gonz posted:

Klaus perpetually having zero game when it comes to hitting on Danuta is a running gag that I hope American Dad never gets rid of.

Zero game? Danuta was into him! If only he didn't bring that wolf jurgen

Exactly who I was thinking of