Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wondering which First House employee was called up to write it for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Crespolini posted:

He posted his apology, where he basically admits the events. Dunno how this works exactly but I assume he'll be convicted now with whatever consequence that'll have?

it's not obvious that this is something which gets you convicted on basis of the acts described. this will have been written in consultation with a lawyer, so it probably doesn't increase the probability of conviction. it's also a good thing that he wrote it - ali has already had a Pretty Rough time in the comments sections of the land and this will hopefully help a bit with that, as well as avoiding too much of a politicisation of the issue outside of the crankier corners of society. IANAL, but from a straightforward letter of the law the statement "you are too dark-skinned to be here" seems to pretty straightforwardly satisfy the racism paragraph unless there's some kind of "just a joke bro" clause in practice - both parties seem to agree that it was a bad attempt at comedy rather than a statement of sincere belief, but i don't know whether that's at all relevant.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

- both parties seem to agree that it was a bad attempt at comedy rather than a statement of sincere belief, but i don't know whether that's at all relevant.

No, one party said that it was a bad attempt at comedy. The other party said that it was pretty much an assault.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

She said it might have been an attempt at a joke, but that it doesn't really matter what the intention was when the result is the same.

quote:

Kanskje var det en mislykket vits, kanskje var det ren rasisme, kanskje mente han det ikke, uansett er det umulig for meg som en 24 år gammel svart kvinne å vite hva en 53 år gammel hvit berømthet prøver på. Intensjonen hans spiller likevel ingen rolle, for resultatet er det samme

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crespolini posted:

She said it might have been an attempt at a joke, but that it doesn't really matter what the intention was when the result is the same.

She also said that it might have been pure racism. To try and spin that as "both parties seem to agree that it was a bad attempt at comedy rather than a statement of sincere belief" is pretty dishonest.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Government before the election:
https://twitter.com/moderaterna/status/1565659261744685056

Government after the election:
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/regeringens-nya-elstod-drojer-vagar-inte-lova-nar-det-kommer

Spoiler alert
It's never coming, because gently caress poor people.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Alhazred posted:

No, one party said that it was a bad attempt at comedy. The other party said that it was pretty much an assault.

i'm talking in the context of the criminal case here, to be clear - if one party says "it may have been X, Y or Z" and the other party says "it was X", it does not seem unreasonable to think say that the parties basically agree that it was X. i have no idea whether that makes any legal difference, though, as said.

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 16, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure there's a material difference between "it may have been X, Y or Z, I have no strong opinion" and "it may have been intended as X or Y but it was effectively and definitely Z" in that scenario.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i don't think the effect is in question at all. my only point here is that there is a claim about intention which doesn't seem to be challenged (which i call "agreement", which admittedly may have been a poor choice of word), and that i can imagine - again, i don't know if it's the case because it's not my wheelhouse - that this has some effect on the criminal case, which otherwise seems quite straightforward ("you are too dark-skinned to be here" taken straightforwardly seems to me to pretty clearly qualifiy as "å true eller forhåne noen, eller fremme hat, forfølgelse eller ringeakt overfor noen på grunn av deres (...) hudfarge eller nasjonale eller etniske opprinnelse")

it's a caveat about a statement i'm not really qualified to make, not my interpretation of the situation in question

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm talking in the context of the criminal case here, to be clear - if one party says "it may have been X, Y or Z" and the other party says "it was X", it does not seem unreasonable to think say that the parties basically agree that it was X. i have no idea whether that makes any legal difference, though, as said.
No. She has said that she can't say what his inention was and that she doesn't care. Antonsen is the one who's trying to spin this as a bad joke.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's been a real "the worst person you know made a great point" couple of days.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Lol, Swedish parliament just made it super illegal to be a whistleblower if it is related to Swedish relations to other countries. So shining a light on obvious corrupt international bullshit will get you jail time.

Why can't we have nice things?

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/riksdagen-beslutar-om-grundlagsandring-spionerilagen-blir-tryckfrihetsbrott

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Alhazred posted:

It's been a real "the worst person you know made a great point" couple of days.

Well then hold on to your butt because I'm about to explain to you why Atle Antonsen is completely innocent:

lmao no that motherfucker is guilty as gently caress are you kidding me. Yeah he has to go the route of trying to convince the court is was an attempt at a joke but even that is gonna be a stretch; you're actually not allowed to publicly mock someone's skin color even if you yourself find that amusing.

The perception of the victim is paramount, her friend is not gonna loving go for the joke angle either, and the victim herself can't really believe it was a joke that hard either because she went and filed a police report. You don't do that for bad jokes.

She felt genuinely threatened or attacked and anyone, ANYONE in their right mind would realize that. So even if he didn't intentionally do a racism, he did by gross negligence, and that's all you need. Drunkenness is irrelevant. That said the outcome of the criminal case is not certain and he very likely won't do actual time unless he has some priors I don't know about. He should do time though, it'd be an excellent example.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Potrzebie posted:

Lol, Swedish parliament just made it super illegal to be a whistleblower if it is related to Swedish relations to other countries. So shining a light on obvious corrupt international bullshit will get you jail time.

Why can't we have nice things?

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/riksdagen-beslutar-om-grundlagsandring-spionerilagen-blir-tryckfrihetsbrott
Also seems to cover international organizations ("mellanfolklig organisation") so potentially NGOs(?).

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
God I am getting tired of all these fish farming companies making hugely disproportionate moves and blaming it on them maybe needing to pay more taxes at some point in the future. A tax that hasn't even had a proper inquiry yet. Sure, pause investment, that makes sense. But announcing imminent layoffs and blaming them all on an unimplemented tax is absurd. That those same companies get butthurt at the mere suggestion something else might be behind the decisions and how those conversations are being framed in the media makes me want to throw up.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Cynic Jester posted:

God I am getting tired of all these fish farming companies making hugely disproportionate moves and blaming it on them maybe needing to pay more taxes at some point in the future. A tax that hasn't even had a proper inquiry yet. Sure, pause investment, that makes sense. But announcing imminent layoffs and blaming them all on an unimplemented tax is absurd. That those same companies get butthurt at the mere suggestion something else might be behind the decisions and how those conversations are being framed in the media makes me want to throw up.

You're suggesting the hugely disproportional profits made off the backs of migrant workers, polluting vast stretches of UNESCO world heritage fjords to the point of sterilizing them and destroying sensitive local salmon spawning grounds should pay any kind of actual taxes? Incredibly rude. I'll have you know the salmon billionaires which are a real thing somehow being made in the last ten loving years will go starving into exile over this vile insult. Why, it's almost not even worth it to pay massive amounts of money to PR companies and lobby groups to blackmail our elected loving representatives mafia style with the economic well-being of 1/4 of local communities if they are forced to make merely obscene profits.

I swear, if I hear another one of these loving people call themselves job creators one more time.

You know what, why don't they loving move their fish farms and themselves to Switzerland too, probably get taxed a lot less. They like that right?

Yes I am angry about salmon billionaires.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hmm, e-Boks will not longer forward mail from authorities?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hmm, e-Boks will not longer forward mail from authorities?
You have to log in a second time inside of the e-Boks app with MitID specifically to receive posts from public authorities. The app also needs to be a somewhat recent version (this started around February, I think), so if you don't do automatic updates for your app, you may just not get them at all.

If you're not currently doubly logged in and your app is current, you should see a little banner at the bottom of your inbox saying to click on it to receive messages from public authorities. Your brain will automatically filter it out, thinking it's an advertisement.

Ask me how I learned this. :eng99:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cynic Jester posted:

they have defeated this once before and have not yet been properly chastised by the political authority. they're flexing now and calculating that they're stronger than an unpopular government. in a sense it's perfectly rational, but it's entirely transparent that they're just loving around to try to keep their profits as high as possible. they're being bourgeois assholes, basically

e. klassekampen today has a couple of good pieces about this whole business if you're interested

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 16, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Inferior Third Season posted:

You have to log in a second time inside of the e-Boks app with MitID specifically to receive posts from public authorities. The app also needs to be a somewhat recent version (this started around February, I think), so if you don't do automatic updates for your app, you may just not get them at all.

If you're not currently doubly logged in and your app is current, you should see a little banner at the bottom of your inbox saying to click on it to receive messages from public authorities. Your brain will automatically filter it out, thinking it's an advertisement.

Ask me how I learned this. :eng99:

Oh, I see, I see. Cheers!

P.S. How much was the road police asking, if we factor in the interest rate?

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
there’s another story out now where atle antonsen apparently called a 20 year old in a wheelchair a loving vegetable and demanded they got up and walked like a normal person, then proceeded to grab the wheelchair and run towards a flight of stairs while yelling he’d throw them down it

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think Sweden should just give into all Turkish demands and join NATO. Then once they're in they'll just say gently caress no, we changed our minds about all that.

Like what's turkey gonna do?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

His Divine Shadow posted:

I think Sweden should just give into all Turkish demands and join NATO. Then once they're in they'll just say gently caress no, we changed our minds about all that.

Probably keep a bunch of formerly free Swedish citizens in prison for forever.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

Wait until sweden gives them what they want before they sign it?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

Wait until sweden gives them what they want before they sign it? and then demand more forever.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TheRat posted:

Wait until sweden gives them what they want before they sign it?

The point is to go back on your word after they've signed.

But I forgot they wanted Sweden to hand over individuals, that's more difficult to renege on.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, un-torturing people is rather difficult.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

repealing the expansions to the security state would probably hot happen either

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Sweden is already putting the kneepads on in preparation for an extended polishing of Erdogan's knob.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Jack Trades posted:

Sweden is already putting the kneepads on in preparation for an extended polishing of Erdogan's knob.

This is a lie.

Ulf is short enough that he could slobber all over him while just standing during his visit to Turkey.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lilljonas posted:

This is a lie.
:hmmno:

quote:

Ulf is short enough that he could slobber all over him while just standing during his visit to Turkey.
:hmmyes:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the turks are not stupid about this stuff, they've chosen some specific pre-accession concessions which would be very visible and unambiguous probably precisely because they don't trust sweden and finland to actually do what they want once their direct leverage is gone - rightly, as appears, given the apparent gap between the interpretations of the countries in question as to what they signed. the direct compliance may be reduced through other means, like fighter aircraft deals or something, but imo there's going to have to be some visible concessions on the nominal issues at hand, since those have been hyped a fair bit and the AKP doesn't want to give the MHP any more reasons to be mad than they have to.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sweden can't legally hand over anyone. If they could, then the judicial system already would have handled it.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think you somewhat underestimate the degree of flexibility accorded to security services for matters of state, even if this isn't one of those rules that can be easily changed

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Feliday Melody posted:

Sweden can't legally hand over anyone. If they could, then the judicial system already would have handled it.

Even if they could, it would just go all the way to European Court of Human Rights and I don't think that Sweden will leave EU and all European agreements to join NATO.

Britain tried to send boat refugees to Rwanda, and that was shot down by the European Court. After all the Brexit huff and puff they still abide what the Euro lizard people tell them 👽

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Nenonen posted:

Even if they could, it would just go all the way to European Court of Human Rights and I don't think that Sweden will leave EU and all European agreements to join NATO.

Britain tried to send boat refugees to Rwanda, and that was shot down by the European Court. After all the Brexit huff and puff they still abide what the Euro lizard people tell them 👽

I wish the media could emphasize this. Instead of "Uh oh! Ulf is going to hand over those journalists!" They also connect this with the constitution change. Which won't even take effect for 4 years.

Even then. On a European level. Is the suggested constitution change controversial? Or is it just Sweden that was unique to begin with?

lavahatt
Nov 7, 2012

People seem to have a lot more trust than I expected that SD/M/KD will care about laws when there is a chance to do some arms sales and ethnic cleansing.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Unfortunately there's precedent for deporting innocent people to certain torture, no matter what the constitution, the EU or the UN Human Rights Commission has to say about it after the fact. All that's necessary is that the right country asks. The cabinet is perfectly capable of ignoring the constitution if they feel like it. The mechanism that's supposed to prevent this is konstitutionsutskottet, but that's just a parliamentary subcommittee so unless the misconduct is so blatant that there's a vote of no confidence against the cabinet, the worst thing that's likely to happen is a slap on the wrist.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 17, 2022

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Was about to say, it wouldn't be the first time if they black bagged some poor fuckers for Erdogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Well that's good then, no need to change any laws!