Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Josh Allen talking to a football like Private Pyle talks to his gun in Full Metal Jacket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ehud posted:

I think unconscious biases exist. I don’t think this:

We will never forget the overturned Austin Sefarian-Jenkins catch

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Why did you make me think of this again

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1593239370915405833
Sauce Gardner - #2
DJ Reed - #17

Jonathan Jones - #8
Jack Jones - #16

Kader Kohou - #23

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No Jets fan will ever remember beating the Patriots because of this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/gif-the-jets-beat-the-patriots-thanks-to-a-bizarre-penalty-in-overtime-2013-10

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

lmao that rules

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

They deserved it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Isn't that the game where Bill won the OT coin toss and deferred?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

Isn't that the game where Bill won the OT coin toss and deferred?

No that was in 2015 (the Jets' last win against the Pats lmao) but that ruled too

I was at that game

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just poppin' in to say I love this thread (and TUA)

Nov 6, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

No that was in 2015 (the Jets' last win against the Pats lmao) but that ruled too

I was at that game

That was the last time the Jets beat the Patriots.

ESPN has a good article up today about that game:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35039473/there-was-no-blunder-oral-history-wild-ot-coin-toss-last-jets-beat-patriots

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I was at that game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That was the last time the Jets beat the Patriots.

ESPN has a good article up today about that game:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35039473/there-was-no-blunder-oral-history-wild-ot-coin-toss-last-jets-beat-patriots

I heard it was the Jets' last win against the Patriots. Is that true?

Nov 6, 2002

well poo poo

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Seriously though that coin flip decision was mystifying. It was a wild swing of emotions at the game, everyone was dejected when the Pats won the toss but then everyone realizing all at once that Bill elected to kick was amazing.

Nov 6, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Seriously though that coin flip decision was mystifying. It was a wild swing of emotions at the game, everyone was dejected when the Pats won the toss but then everyone realizing all at once that Bill elected to kick was amazing.

He was for sure a little too high on his own supply. Way too cute by far.

Poor Marshall, I forgot that he never played in a single playoff game.

quote:

Marshall: I was like, 'This is going to be my first time in the playoffs; now we just have to go beat Buffalo.' Screw Rex Ryan. He should have let us have that one.

Nov 6, 2002

:what:

https://twitter.com/PhilAPerry/status/1593001886218883073

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1593005822430232578

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I can’t help but feel sorry for a team having their Alabama QB’s potential being wasted because of a Bill Belichick ballwasher

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

That poo poo is going to pass in front of my eyes before I die

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This is legitimately insane.

https://twitter.com/szantz/status/1593282604572327938?s=46&t=Vk7ziLlFsXGPJoaXM4-2nQ

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking about what it'll take for each AFC East team to make the playoffs:

Dolphins: Nasty road schedule, @49ers, @Chargers, @Bills over a 3 week span. Have the Jets, Packers and Texans at home, and a @Pats for good measure. Need to win their two easier home games any any win or two on the road and they're golden.

Bills: have the entire division at home, along with the Browns, Difficult road game with the Bengals, as well as road games against the Pats, Bears and a short week to the Lions. Pretty much an easy road to destiny here. Win your home games, beat weaker competition at home, should have the easiest road to the playoffs.

Jets: Mean road schedule. @Pats, @Vikings, @Bills, @Seahawks, @Dolphins in their final 8. Home games are way easier, with Bears, Lions, Jaguars, though that last one is on a short week. Absolutely need to sweep those home games then come out with at least 1 road win.

Patriots: Ugly schedule. Easiest remaining games are both road, in @Cardinals and @Raiders. Have all 3 divisional games and the Bengals at home to go as well as a Trip to Buffalo and a short week thursday game against the Vikings.
Absolutely have to win those two easier road games, take two home games from the division and find a 5th win from @Vikings, @Bills, Bengals and the 3rd home divisional game.

Nov 6, 2002

There is NO chance, and I mean zero, that New England is in the playoffs.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFZbV9kPi4

it’s Dorsey

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There is NO chance, and I mean zero, that New England is in the playoffs.

Nah, there absolutely is. Beat the Jets at home, the Raiders and Cardinals, none of which would be surprising, then they just need to catch two other teams of the remaining 5. Prime time Kirk, an up and down Bengals squad, the Fins or Bills at home, certainly doable if they used the bye week to unfuck the offense at all.

Odds are hovering at about a 40% chance for 'em on FO and 34% chance per the NFL, which sounds about right, mostly because....

The other AFC WC contenders are a Bengals team with a similarly hard road to 10 wins (Chiefs, Bills, Ravens and Rapist Browns at home, Titans, Buccaneers, Steelers and Patriots on the road).

and a Chargers team with an easier road, but absolutely comical injuries: Chiefs, Dolphins, Titans, Rams at home, @Cardinals, @Raiders, @Colts, @Broncos on the road. They need to clean up on the road because they're in a lot of trouble at home.

The only other team in the AFC above 3 wins is the Colts, and they're hosed. Browns have the only maybe kinda shot to go 6-2 there, but they don't have a tiebreaker with the Pats, and have @Bills and Buccaneers before rapist comes back then two tough divisional games afterwards.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

certainly doable if they used the bye week to unfuck the offense at all

Your entire idea rests on this extremely unlikely premise. The Patriots offense is so remedial it will take an entire offseason and new coaches to fix.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh goodie
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1593305698968178688

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Is the plan here to just outright toss a landmine under what's left of the bandwagon? What sick bastard put Patriots-Raiders on Sunday Night?

Nov 6, 2002

That game made plenty of sense before the season started. The rest are dumb selections for prime time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Were there really people who thought the Raiders were going to be anything but poo poo this year

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ah yeah, the team that hasn't drafted a good player in over a decade, being coached by a proven failure, that's a winning combination, they'll be a good team to watch in December.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amusingly, the raiders are playing better on paper then they were last year.

They're scoring more ppg and giving up less, they're just comically terrible in 1 score games after cleaning up last year.

Nov 6, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

Ah yeah, the team that hasn't drafted a good player in over a decade, being coached by a proven failure, that's a winning combination, they'll be a good team to watch in December.

You are memory-holing all the AFCW offseason hype. They were literally dark horse candidates for a Super Bowl run.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

On paper the Raiders made some huge additions to a team that was already in the playoffs last year

McDaniels, yea, but there's been some very high profile coaches that flamed out in their first stints but did great in the 2nd

Add in the "McDaniels-Patriots reunion" and I can certainly see the thought process

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

You are memory-holing all the AFCW offseason hype. They were literally dark horse candidates for a Super Bowl run.

I recall all of that talk coming around the time they signed Davante Adams, which was valid, and then vanishing into thin air when they picked McDaniels for HC. I may be getting the time frame mixed up.

Regardless, however, as soon as McDaniels was picked as HC that hype should have been instantly retracted.

Nosre posted:

McDaniels, yea, but there's been some very high profile coaches that flamed out in their first stints but did great in the 2nd

That's fair, but my other question would be, do those include any of the Bill Belichick coaching tree hires?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I remember perfectly well the AFC West hype... for every other team in that division. For the Raiders it was just wishful thinking that signing Davante Adams would suddenly turn them into an all star team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2022 Raiders: 22.6ppg for, 25.1ppg allowed, 0-6 in 1 score games
2021 Raiders: 22.0ppg for, 25.8ppg allowed, 7-2 in 1 score games

It's very funny.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes. It's still legitimately insane that Revis lost the 2009 DPOY to a different CB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OK. Depth is good.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1593318192016932865

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes. It's still legitimately insane that Revis lost the 2009 DPOY to a different CB.

This triggers me to this day

Cool re: LDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sirtommygunn posted:

Were there really people who thought the Raiders were going to be anything but poo poo this year

I mean they were 10-7 and acquired a pretty great WR so thinking they would be mid tier wouldn’t be insane