Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Fantastic! I was blown away!"

- Mike Mitchell, re: breakfast at Subway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol I enjoy when they have wildly different review scores and stick with them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The sound that Mitch makes after his second Lineup is very worrisome

edit: lol there's like 17 minutes left in the episode and Mitch has said "Bye!"/tried to end it like 5 times already while his drunk buddies press on

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 13, 2022

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol I enjoy when they have wildly different review scores and stick with them.

But then Wiger doesn't say "we're ballpark buds".

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I gotta get a secret sponsorship deal with Subway to promote their lovely breakfast food, then maybe I'll be able to afford a house with stairs too

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
You know he’s fuckin’ them stairs, right?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Listening to the Sloppy Boys thing and I know it’s obvious but Mitch is a deeply unhealthy man

E: also the Marc Maron prank call story is great

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 15, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The funniest and most believable part of the story was that after apologizing and admitting that it was a dumb stunt, Mitch kept getting "But seriously, what's the deal?" phone calls.

Walked by a restaurant on my lunch break just now and was reminded of "Pho, ramen, soup: rank 'em!"

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
laughing really hard at the Snack Pack where they keep referring to this extremely nice, mild-mannered Irish caller as an "alpha"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Finally made it all the way through last week's Sloppy Boys episode. Unironically love that ~40+ minutes of the episode is directly attributable to Mitch being awestruck by Tim being a Chugger and needing to explore that further

Basically, the thing is, he used to be a bad drinker, but now he's a good drinker...and he's better at drinking

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

xbilkis posted:

Finally made it all the way through last week's Sloppy Boys episode. Unironically love that ~40+ minutes of the episode is directly attributable to Mitch being awestruck by Tim being a Chugger and needing to explore that further

Basically, the thing is, he used to be a bad drinker, but now he's a good drinker...and he's better at drinking

All while mike Hanford is aggressively blaming Dutton for the show running too long.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch treats it with the same gravitas as learning that like, someone has abandoned their previous career and devoted their life to running a food kitchen

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyGlutenFreeButterJebaited-raA9i1J_ek5j7YmT

:O

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was watching that earlier and meant to post a Mitch quote: "Do you think Birdo's hole gives pleasure?"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Guess who the lucky boy was that got to take a ride down these, yesterday.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Greetings from the Blank Check thread where the guests of this week's Doughboys are the hosts of the podcast.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Greetings from the Blank Check thread where the guests of this week's Doughboys are the hosts of the podcast.

Always love when the Blank Check boys show up on other podcasts. I should really give their pod a listen one of these days

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Binowru posted:

Always love when the Blank Check boys show up on other podcasts. I should really give their pod a listen one of these days

The Who Framed Roger Rabbit ep has the Doughboys on it and it’s pretty solid. I know Mitch comes off as totally unhinged about movies sometimes but if you get him away from Star Wars he has some pretty good insights

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Doughboys and Blank Check are probably my two favorite podcasts and I love when they're on each other's shows. David Sims has to be the straight man to three ridiculous improvers. They also all have what seems to be an active group chat because you hear them mention it on both shows.

And if you're in this thread and haven't listened to Blank Check, please do it. They have a really extensive back catalogue so it's best to just start with whatever movie or director you want to hear about.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Asking too much to hope that a coming Blank Check goes the other way, right?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

quote:

Mitch:Mandela's right up there with the Crypt Keeper for all the poo poo he pulls
Mookie: Yeah. He hosed with a lot of people by not being dead.
Mitch: The original Jackass - Nelson Mandela.
Mookie: Hi, I’m Nelson Mandela, and this is Everyone Thinks That I'm Dead.

this bit from the double made me laugh really hard and I’m still thinking about it

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Who was the woman laughing in the background of the eatily ep? The obvious answer is Emma but I didn’t think it sounded like her. Also I still have like 40 minutes to go so if it’s revealed at the end I guess I’ll find out later.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrEvyKhdxA

Video episode, look at that fancy set

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Racing Stripe posted:

Who was the woman laughing in the background of the eatily ep? The obvious answer is Emma but I didn’t think it sounded like her. Also I still have like 40 minutes to go so if it’s revealed at the end I guess I’ll find out later.

one of the Headgum producers/engineers. Carl Tart referred to her as AK47 I forget her real name

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Man, video podcasts feel so... 2013. What is this, JASH?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Mookie good.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
How will Wiger top doing shots of gravy last year?

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1594842424559403011

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

duomo posted:

How will Wiger top doing shots of gravy last year?

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1594842424559403011

https://twitter.com/gabrus/status/1588632639229267969?s=46&t=3rggH_LrjfK1k8MjLnny3g

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/1597681758262087680?cxt=HHwWgMCqlYTGjawsAAAA

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
For those that missed the Power Hour livestream: Nick drank three large Baja Blasts; he had considered doing non-alcoholic eggnog but Natalie told him outright "You aren't going to do that." Meanwhile Mitch couldn't be there in person because his mum had surgery recently. So of course he was in Quincy, calling in from the bathroom at a friend's house, during the middle of an actual party.

I mean, when he's right, he's right.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Is there alcohol in a Baja Blast?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Meanwhile Mitch couldn't be there in person because his mum had surgery recently. So of course he was in Quincy, calling in from the bathroom at a friend's house, during the middle of an actual party.

That's the most Mitch thing ever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is there alcohol in a Baja Blast?

no

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wiger accused Mitch of being a bit of a Catholic mass

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 30, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Half a year late but I'm just now listening to the spring tour episodes and having a good laugh at Mitch coping with his friends tearing down Bertucci's and pointing out that this place has declined in the 20-odd years since he ate there regularly. Gabrus and Wiger agree that this is the kind of restaurant that you'd be excited to go to as a kid, so Mitch immediately counters with "Well I think that Bertucci's is like...it's an older kid's restaurant, y'know, like, it's cool for older kids."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

85c is the largest of the Taiwanese bakery chains but something like Donutes or Pulio that haven't got off the island are much better.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Wow. This Steak 'N' Shake ep started out really funny, but then became just an interminable argument. Thanks, Susser.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmKA1BcJkg9/

Instagram is not an easy social media to share

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

JethroMcB posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmKA1BcJkg9/

Instagram is not an easy social media to share

lol that final shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I love the Steamies

e: jesus christ I hope they ban susser from the pod

Binowru fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 15, 2022