Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah stuttering like that is like my limit. I could maybe tolerate if it was just pop-in but fast. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Audio stutter is just the worst for me.

I did something I never do and I looked at a video and Sifu looks like it runs really well on Switch so I'll be getting that as my 2nd or 3rd game to purchase. I really hate how many games there are to play and how many I've yet to finish. It's awful.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Hopefully they don't butcher the inevitable Black/White remakes in a few years. Gen 5 was the best gen.

I want them called Pitch Black and Bright White Heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've downloaded Pokemon Violet four times and every time it refuses to open because the data is corrupted.

what do

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What is the possibility that these horrendous clips and screens are from people emulating the game without current patches and poo poo

Like I’m thinking maybe don’t poo poo yourself until you’re playing the game on hardware with current patches. I’m sure it won’t be running awesomely but hopefully it’s not as bad as that stuff

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It comes out properly at midnight EST, in ten hours or so.

I want to try it, but I'm buying it from a place with a no-questions-asked return policy.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Chamale posted:

It comes out properly at midnight EST, in ten hours or so.

I want to try it, but I'm buying it from a place with a no-questions-asked return policy.

Just wait one extra day to see what other people report/upload on YouTube

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

man nurse posted:

What is the possibility that these horrendous clips and screens are from people emulating the game without current patches and poo poo

Like I’m thinking maybe don’t poo poo yourself until you’re playing the game on hardware with current patches. I’m sure it won’t be running awesomely but hopefully it’s not as bad as that stuff

Its already out in some regions like Korea etc and it is just as bad, def not emulation or unpatched issues sadly.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

KingSlime posted:

Just wait one extra day to see what other people report/upload on YouTube

Yeah, I'm planning to buy a physical copy so I'll have time to see feedback from regular people first.

Turns out no stores allow you to return an opened video game these days, though. Before my Switch, the last console I had was a 360, so I'm not used to going into physical stores for games.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah plus we're far off from the days of GTA4 pirated gifs because by all accounts any emulator / pirated version typically runs better than it actually does

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't think stores have ever allowed for open game returns. Otherwise, what stops you from treating it like a rental store? I've had Walmart and Target do a few exceptions for me with a bit of groveling but generally as far back as I can recall open package media is a strict no returns policy for most major stores

I remember GameStop was the exception and they were letting you return used games for a while or something like that? Pretty cool concept honestly but It's probably only viable because they pay pennies for used games and turn around to sell them at near retail prices unless they're really old or really bad games. Plus I'm pretty sure they only gave you store credit not actual cash when you return a used game you recently bought.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Black/White remakes in a few years

oh my god I'm so old

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

Yeah plus we're far off from the days of GTA4 pirated gifs because by all accounts any emulator / pirated version typically runs better than it actually does

I was going to say, people usually emulate switch games because they want better performance lmao

There's definitely a possibility of that tweet being click bait so yeah I'd say just wait a day or so to verify. I'm willing to bet it's real though

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Black Friday Sale in Europe.

Metroid Dread is down to 40 euro. I think I may bite prematurely. I was going to drop a voucher on it (I used a voucher for Splatoon 3), but I think I'll just keep that for BotW 2. There's some other games like the recently mentioned 3 Houses, which I still would only get for 30 or less I think, my hate for Awakenings makes me incredibly cautious (terrible writing, terrible characters, terrible strategy, terrible map design, it just goes on).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

man nurse posted:

Lmao I preordered this
Get owned.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

Lmao I preordered this
Same :shepspends:

Honestly, I'm not as concerned about the performance issues as I am about how loving much there seems to be to do in this one. I watched GameSpot's video review and now I'm watching the GameXplain one. Jesus Christ, 3 different campaigns? Challenge the gym leaders in any order and difficulty doesn't scale? I am gonna be doing so much goddamn grinding in this one, huh? lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

KingSlime posted:

I was going to say, people usually emulate switch games because they want better performance lmao

There's definitely a possibility of that tweet being click bait so yeah I'd say just wait a day or so to verify. I'm willing to bet it's real though

Tweet is supposedly playing a copy bought from the JP eShop running on 1.0.1 but people lie on Twitter for clout all the time so who knows

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dont grind in a Pokemon game what're you even doing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Well I'm picking up a copy either way because a friend really really wants to play. I wasn't planning on enjoying my time or having fun at all or being "happy" while playing a new Pokemon game so for once the graphical issues don't bother me

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Three campaigns? Hell yeah. My big worry with this game was that there wouldn't be much to do with the focus on making an open world rather than putting stuff into it. The stuttering and performance is pretty indefensible, but man, I'm just really excited to play more Pokemon.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Honestly, I'm not as concerned about the performance issues as I am about how loving much there seems to be to do in this one. I watched GameSpot's video review and now I'm watching the GameXplain one. Jesus Christ, 3 different campaigns? Challenge the gym leaders in any order and difficulty doesn't scale? I am gonna be doing so much goddamn grinding in this one, huh? lol

I think exp share is on by default and it can’t be turned off so there’s no real need to grind.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

I think exp share is on by default and it can’t be turned off so there’s no real need to grind.
Phew! That's how it worked in the DP remakes, right?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I believe so yeah

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

The same Twitter user also says that the docked performance is much better, it just seems that the handheld mode is broke. Which is what I imagine most people will be wanting to play, so...

I don't care if it does myself, I haven't bought a Pokemon game in years, I'm just looking to see how this all goes down.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Which is funny because in the GameXplain review that dude says that he had less issues with the handheld mode over docked, so who knows really.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Restarted my switch and formatted my SD, the game is still corrupted every time I redownload it.

what do

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Restarted my switch and formatted my SD, the game is still corrupted every time I redownload it.

what do

Call Nintendo support maybe?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'll be playing it mostly docked, but I am going out of town next week for Thanksgiving and taking my Switch with me, so I guess I'll see how it performs in handheld then.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Are you expecting a Pokemon game to be too complicated

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
You know, the thing about Bayonetta and Pokémon performance issues is that these games are being designed for the Switch in the first place. They know what the performance target is, so if they fail to hit it, that's really on the developers.

Like, yes, a better performing Switch would be great, but that would be of most benefit to ports from other consoles where the chasm in performance is really huge. But if you keep failing to hit the performance target of your designed-for hardware, it doesn't really matter what its absolute performance is, as that's something you're just going to keep doing.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

pokemon is going to own

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Black Friday Sale in Europe.

Metroid Dread is down to 40 euro. I think I may bite prematurely. I was going to drop a voucher on it (I used a voucher for Splatoon 3), but I think I'll just keep that for BotW 2. There's some other games like the recently mentioned 3 Houses, which I still would only get for 30 or less I think, my hate for Awakenings makes me incredibly cautious (terrible writing, terrible characters, terrible strategy, terrible map design, it just goes on).

Yeah you ought to get dread. iirc you were going through the metroids in order...the iteration from Samus returns to dread is pretty cool

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I was really thinking about picking up Violet after skipping pretty much every game since Sun besides Arceus which I liked well enough. The performance is a dealbreaker

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Are you expecting a Pokemon game to be too complicated

Battle Frontier (rip)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i played through the entire game docked and while it didn't run great, I simply didn't care because the game was fun.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man nurse posted:

0%

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus, this dude is expecting a baby but he's just loving around in a cave?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

Jesus, this dude is expecting a baby but he's just loving around in a cave?

it’s a living

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

100%

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

man nurse posted:

Read this as "horrendous chirps and screams" and thought we had moved on to "Pokemon noises" discourse. :doh:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe our troops are dying and delaying Advance Wars for these frame rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

there are a few things i have extreme difficulty separating in my head - Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg is the biggie but also Everquest and Runescape