Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mendrian posted:

I'm having an issue where the game lets me click play, thinks about it for like a second, and then closes. It's not even really crashing it's just like failing to open.

Ah beta.

my dog this is the live video feed of the servers right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwJchkKS_4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This still doesn't run amazingly on high settings, even with the RT stuff off. It varies a lot depending on how many things are on screen at any given time.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

my dog this is the live video feed of the servers right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOwJchkKS_4

I'm not upset, but this isn't a server issue. The game isn't even launching.

My guess is it's EAC related.

EDIT: I figured it out. It was indeed EAC related.

For some reason the play button in steam pointed directly to the darktide exe but the game won't run unless you use the EAC shortcut (defaults to "start_protected_app" in the Darktide folder). Why my steam decided to point at an unusable EXE is anybody's guess but it works.

Double EDIT: Long live backend error!

EDIT EDIT: Don't do this actually, it doesn't work. It turns out I still had old Darktide data in my %appdata% folder that I needed to delete and it fixed the problem.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 17, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nice bit of story setup to start the game

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mendrian posted:

My guess is it's EAC related.

Yeah, kinda sounds like it. Did you play the closed beta? I remember there was an issue with not uninstalling their specific version of EAC and I wonder if it is causing you a problem. If so, try reinstalling the closed beta (it's just the EAC uninstaller, not the full game) and then uninstalling. Or maybe try a reboot if you haven't already? Sorry. :(

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jesus Christ the soundtrack is so good even in the prologue. :discourse:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, no crossplay and even no cross progression sucks pretty hard. I was thinking of refunding my steam one and getting it on Xbox so I can do PC and couch playing but apparently none of that is possible.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Perestroika posted:

Jesus Christ the soundtrack is so good even in the prologue. :discourse:

Jesper Kyd is a goddamned genius. Man's been doing absolute bangers since the Adventures of Batman & Robin game from 1995.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I know it won't make a meaningful difference in how the game plays, but I love the flavor of making a character's backstory.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Hra Mormo posted:

I don't think Marines of any variety are going to be in Darktide, because there's literally no reason they would. Just because there's imperium doesn't mean there'll be marines, especially doing the inquisition's dirty work, and just because there's chaos doesn't mean there would be spiky marines, either.
This should go in the OP too. The devs have said several times there will be no space marines at all in the game.

edit: not this quote, I mean, the point about how no, there are no marines in the game

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

ZearothK posted:

Jesper Kyd is a goddamned genius. Man's been doing absolute bangers since the Adventures of Batman & Robin game from 1995.

Always a treat to see folks who only know his works in Hitman & Vermintide get floored by how easily he can bang out superb electronic tracks.

I swear the mission boss theme is a spiritual remake of a Batman & Robin piece

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is performance kind of crappy for anyone else?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fadam posted:

I just did the prologue stuff playing with everything on high, DLSS balanced, no RT. 3440x1440. Seemed pretty good to me with 90+ fps and occasional dips below that. RT was a no-go at those settings with fps frequently under 60.

I haven't played a match yet though.

Edit - 3070 gpu, 5800x3d cpu

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fadam posted:

Yeah it feels about on par with the beta for me, maybe better but I haven't messed around with the settings much. I think with some dialing in it'll be fine but it feels.. stuttery?

3080ti, 5800X3D

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Are there still crashes/disconnects anyone is having or observing others having? I had a great time in the last beta, but my friends were crashing a lot and I don't want to preorder if that's still a problem.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just a reminder to update your NVIDIA drivers if you haven't in the past 24 hours.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Are there still crashes/disconnects anyone is having or observing others having? I had a great time in the last beta, but my friends were crashing a lot and I don't want to preorder if that's still a problem.

It's only been out for ~ an hour mid-day on a thursday, I imagine it's still too early to tell. I've only gotten the tutorial out of the way myself.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I just played the opening part of the prologue and it was dope. The accolades for the soundtrack are not misplaced.

As a frame of reference for performance, I’ve got an i5 6500 and a 3060Ti. I tweaked the settings on the more CPU heavy stuff and the game still looks gorgeous and is acceptable performance wise. This may change in a 4 person match but so far so good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I get weird pop-in during pre-rendered scenes but that's it.

I was worried during the closest beta we'd just be crawling through hallways with the occassional Big Room but the first mission I tried was on the surface so that was a pleasant surprise.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Youtuber Indypride's got a spoilery-rear end video up, you might want to avoid even the title. Nurgle puppy is in the game

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Well I crash on load so I guess I better update my drivers lol.

I did manage to create my character with the name I wanted, so I'm not in a huge hurry.

Psyker Mantis is (almost) ready to kill some heretics!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

sure okay posted:

Well I crash on load so I guess I better update my drivers lol.

I did manage to create my character with the name I wanted, so I'm not in a huge hurry.

Psyker Mantis is (almost) ready to kill some heretics!

I'm pretty sure the names aren't unique. I chose one of the canned random ones.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Do you just need to wait around for the shop to randomly have the load out weapons you want or do you unlock the others by leveling up?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

Do you just need to wait around for the shop to randomly have the load out weapons you want or do you unlock the others by leveling up?

Both, sort of. Crafting will presumably allow you to directly get ones you want later on but doesn't seem like it's currently enabled. Leveling up makes better stuff, both in power level and weapon type, appear in the store.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It seems I'm unable to actually join a mission currently.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaddish posted:

It seems I'm unable to actually join a mission currently.

Yeah the servers lasted about thirty minutes and then exploded.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How long until I get new clothes, this jumper is not doing it for me

Also, backend error 😥

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

NeurosisHead posted:

Also, backend error 😥

Starts with a new chest look at level 5, then pants at 10, so on from there, at least in the closed beta.

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

NeurosisHead posted:

Also, backend error 😥

before i got the backend error I unlocked some new pants mid mission, idk if it's related to a challenge or random or what

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

NeurosisHead posted:

Also, backend error 😥

Probably very soon, like level 3 or something.

Edit - What the person above me said.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

Also, backend error 😥

In the previous beta, you started to unlock new clothes starting trust level 5. Also from the looks of it you can unlock additional outfits through penances, though at least those for the psyker seem very tricky, such as kill a miniboss all on your own only damaging it with mindburst.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am in the game!!

Hell yes!

I wonder if the imperial edition costumes unlocks now or on release

WOOOW the game starts off with a bang, very different from what the beta!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Perestroika posted:

In the previous beta, you started to unlock new clothes starting trust level 5. Also from the looks of it you can unlock additional outfits through penances, though at least those for the psyker seem very tricky, such as kill a miniboss all on your own only damaging it with mindburst.

That seems like something that would be close to impossible without asking your team no? The only instance I can think of where that would work sort of naturally is if everyone else is down.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm, Geforce Now version is working, earlier than they said it would, got through the tutorial but can't get into an actual mission which is an issue on their end obviously. However the thing used to work perfectly for me for other games but with this there's a fair bit of input lag, makes it quite unpleasant to actually play, hopefully just my internet acting up or something in combination with issues they might be having.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Updated drivers, tried every video setting, turned off VPN, still crash on any level load.

Hmmmmmm

Edit: Was able to play fine in the beta. Literally never crashed. Wonder what changed

sure okay fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 17, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Orv posted:

Yeah the servers lasted about thirty minutes and then exploded.

Probably one reason for no preload. :-D

Game seems to be running a bit better for me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So far the games running great! No crashes, reasonable frame rate, graphics slightly more polished from the beta, super awesome!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I wonder if we'll end up with any zero g or vacuum areas later

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I was able to get in and play through the prologue. I actually did the prologue twice because I had to stop partway lol.

Performance seemed ok for me although I didn't have any problems during the earlier beta either. I'm using second most recent Nvidia drivers, I probably won't update until there's a clear reason to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

OGS-Remix posted:

I was able to get in and play through the prologue. I actually did the prologue twice because I had to stop partway lol.

Performance seemed ok for me although I didn't have any problems during the earlier beta either. I'm using second most recent Nvidia drivers, I probably won't update until there's a clear reason to.

Well the most recent driver update specifically supports DLSS 3 for Darktide so if you're card supports that may be worth it.