Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Withnail posted:

With so many disgruntled developers leaving or getting fired, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of software time bomb. If people still do that sort of thing

don't tease me like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Please stop farting into the Huffenmaster 9000.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think it's an extension of the just world fallacy, where they just can't wrap their heads around the idea that one of the world's richest people might actually be incredibly incompetent. Because if that were true, why is he that wealthy?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Bad thing related to SpaceX:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/nov/17/spacex-employees-file-unfair-labor-practice-charges-elon-musk

Hope to god someone steps in to keep him from dragging that company down with him

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prettz posted:

It was actually an indictment of SA, not really about me, but I'm bad with words. It's easy as gently caress to learn about this stuff, but some people just aren't able to

Lol

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Withnail posted:

With so many disgruntled developers leaving or getting fired, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of software time bomb. If people still do that sort of thing

Why bother when Elon himself is the biggest hardware time bomb ever installed in a major tech company’s offices

Like, he fired everyone who could keep the site up. At this point I’m deeply impressed the site still loads and functions as well as it does, at normal scale.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Why bother when Elon himself is the biggest hardware time bomb ever installed in a major tech company’s offices

Like, he fired everyone who could keep the site up. At this point I’m deeply impressed the site still loads and functions as well as it does, at normal scale.

It might just be me but I find that twitter is loading a fair amount slower than usual.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I just want a dev to wipe the elon account and the word elon from every trace of twitter and make it so backups cant fix it. delete all of his followers too.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

leak all his dms first plz

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I'm willing to stay on at Twitter but I demand $400 a day for lunch a free cybertruck and Elon has to plug my scammy crypto project.

These terms are non negotiable.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Twitter having a massive seizure could be real close.

World cup starts Sunday.

Which, from all previous world cups since twitter became a thing, apparently leads to huge surges in traffic which have badly stretched their ability to handle before.

What's going to happen this time.......

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Trillhouse posted:

leak all his dms first plz

god could you imagine the absolutely pathetic sniveling from everyone in his DMs? ugh

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Seriously there is no galaxy brain behind firing a bunch of people and then threatening to fire the remaining employees if they don't plead fealty to Lord Musk. It's plainly stupid and can only make things worse. If you think you fired the bad ones now you should focus on retaining the good ones instead of pissing them off. Firing half your employees and threatening to fire the remaining half is something only an incompetent moron with no management experience would do. Elon Musk is dumber than he should be allowed to be.

The fact Elon has any money at all is an indictment of capitalism as a supposed form of meritocracy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sittin here lmao about Elon's fake rear end econ degree

Lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
yeah I can't see why anyone would bother doing anything that might be legally actionable to sabotage twitter when they could just let it collapse on its own within weeks

I do hope some hero is brave enough to unearth Elon's DMs and hopefully even whatever private information he's attempted to access.

like there's definitely stories of elon doing things like trying to access Grimes' private messages and the one sad part of twitter's death throes is that all the idiot poo poo he's done behind the scenes may be lost to us

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Elon Musk: More divorces than genghis khan

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

The MasterbatedOne thing has still been my biggest lol from this.

Like I'd had an idea of these billionaire types operating out of some Westworld-style office full of austere cutting-edge shitposting technology. But no, he's doing it all from a lovely cell phone stained with dried spit and cum.

If I had even a fraction of his wealth I'd have a huge country estate full of every rescue animal I could find and hire people to love and care for them. I'd occasionally pop back there during my trips to the most amazing locations on Earth, doing the best drugs, meeting the most interesting people, and handing out wads of cash to any charity that caught my interest.

If I had 0.01% of his wealth it would be enough to live the absolute best life I could imagine and I would never have to log on again.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
A question that every twitter employee needs to find an answer to soon: Coring hard or hardly coring?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

If you have time to lean, you have time to clean....out your desk you're fired

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm not coding hard I'm just coding wrong.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wanting to populate the world with your offspring like Genghis Khan is a good example of why being a billionaire turns you into a monster

Like a normal person probably doesn't think such things in earnest

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Prettz is like that dude that Kramered into the Ukraine war thread claiming to be an ammunition expert and he had a convention tag for proof.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1593368576777396226

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I'm suddenly reminded of the guy who got low-key famous on Fark years ago for claiming to be in the "Marine Core" and his proof was a pic of himself that turned out to be from the wikipedia page for Danish special forces.

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Makes sense. Take the money and run. No use dealing with what ever new idea pops into his dad.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
knowing a lot about SpaceX is much like knowing a lot about other things, in that nobody cares

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You could try reading something sometime? I'm the SpaceX eXpert

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

javi posted:

Makes sense. Take the money and run. No use dealing with what ever new idea pops into his dad.

Is that his dad-uncle, or cousin-sister?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Elon: Are you hardcore enough for this job?? You can either swear by the samurai code of hardcoreness and earn a career of total misery, or you can have a 3 month vacation paid for by me. Choose!

Every dev: I choose the vacation.

Elon:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Karate Bastard posted:

Please stop farting into the Huffenmaster 9000.

That is unless you adding some flavor juice to that vape.

Huffing some Strawberry Daiquiri and Copium Fartz

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Prettz posted:

Bad thing related to SpaceX:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/nov/17/spacex-employees-file-unfair-labor-practice-charges-elon-musk

Hope to god someone steps in to keep him from dragging that company down with him

I also read this last month.
https://www.semafor.com/article/10/18/2022/space-x-technician-accident
pretty messed up imo

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Elon: Are you hardcore enough for this job?? You can either swear by the samurai code of hardcoreness and earn a career of total misery, or you can have a 3 month vacation paid for by me. Choose!

Every dev: I choose the vacation.

Elon:

Elon: I’m going to openly make the worst loving job you can imagine and fill my offices with insufferable pricks. I’ll change corporate strategy on a whim and belittle experts. I’ll fire anyone who disagrees with me. I’ll never communicate clearly and mostly provide the worst news of your career. I’ll actively make decisions that are demonstrably stupid like turning off all the microservices and babbling about RPC. I expect you to work 80+ hours a week and that’s the deal, either talk it or walk

Everyone: *walks*

Elon: ok you can have remote work but I’ll fire you and your boss

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 17, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

javi posted:

Right now Twitter is blaring warning klaxons that the company is going down hard even if you were willing to tolerate the sudden switch in management styles from Silicon Valley chill to nightmare authoritarian run by Caligula. If you don't have to stay at Twitter, you should be leaving Twitter. And every person on earth is screaming at you "What are you doing? Get out!" like you're part of a couple who wandered off to have sex in the house where eight teens were chopped up twenty years ago that very night. When you've been given that kind of ultimatum, it's a no brainer.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Withnail posted:

The disgruntled developers want to get future jobs, and being the kind of person who leaves a timebomb is bad for future employment chances ("ok, but what if so-and-so gets similarly disgruntled here"), and probably bad for your bank account when you get sued.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I think it's an extension of the just world fallacy, where they just can't wrap their heads around the idea that one of the world's richest people might actually be incredibly incompetent. Because if that were true, why is he that wealthy?

its way more comforting to believe we're ruled by supervillains than dumbasses; like, lex luthor being in charge isn't something that's ideal but you could imagine him stopping an asteroid at least

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Also with so many people leaving, is a Timebomb even necessary?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I guess technically Elon could just not fire the people who replied no, right? It would make him look even more stupid and weak than before, but still.

Or is this at a point where it could be construed that them saying yes was effectively them accepting an offer made and he's now obligated to fire them and give severance?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

I guess technically Elon could just not fire the people who replied no, right? It would make him look even more stupid and weak than before, but still.

That's the best play, but what in the past few weeks makes you think he won't double down.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
You don't need to program in a timebomb. A timebomb bought your company and is constantly announcing that he's closer and closer to detonating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"You aren't fired, it was just a joke 🤣🤣🤣"