Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

Oh that would be funny if so because I just do it instinctually every time I revive someone now.

i could be wrong, i did a cursory goog to try and find out and couldn't turn up anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just had an infinite load after a mission and had to alt f4. Also had this happen in closed beta.

-looks like servers may be hosed again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wish for the Psyker "The Savant" personality didn't have to compete with "The Loner", the crazy german accent is too good to pass up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

If anyone has more tips like this... help. I don't need it to look good but my framerate is straight chunky. Not gonna be able to afford pc upgrades for like... years.

check this out -
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3467237196841631255

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Not seeing too many Ogryn in my games. Kind of surprising, to be honest.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Internet Explorer posted:

Not seeing too many Ogryn in my games. Kind of surprising, to be honest.

I'm not sure what people are taking, I'd be interested to hear what the most popular are. I'm planning on starting off as a Veteran because the idea of an Imperial Guardsman FPS has been my dream since Fire Warrior but if that's utterly saturated I might have to go Ogryn.

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Ciaphas posted:

i won't lie, i didn't see the Feats menu and forgot about the damage passive :eng99:

yeah some of the feats do cool stuff with the head pop like making you apply an aoe dot when you head pop an elite and also there's a bunch which make it easier to do more like i think there's one that makes it so the higher your peril the less you gain from it so you can do like way more! also I haven't seen a staff for my psyker yet either, I think i'm level 7 rn but I've only seen force swords in the shop so far and also I don't know if there's only one type of force sword? In the psyker trailer it looked like there was a two handed version

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Gotta admit I was sweating bullets for a bit when they released the official system requirements, but it's running better than the closed beta (60-100 fps on 2560x1440 with a Radeon 5700XT) as long as I turn the lighting setting down to low.

First mission I had 3 psykers on my team which instantly went southward the moment I (as a Zealot) got caught in a trapper net, I don't think that team composition is a good idea :v:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not sure what people are taking, I'd be interested to hear what the most popular are. I'm planning on starting off as a Veteran because the idea of an Imperial Guardsman FPS has been my dream since Fire Warrior but if that's utterly saturated I might have to go Ogryn.

I’ve played maybe 6-7 games now and Veteran definitely seems the most prominent. Then the psycher seems maybe least used with the other two at a tie for second? Purely anecdotal of course

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ooof i cant tell if its just me but im getting crashes and disconnects (internal error) where it just kicks me to character select

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

a lot of my groups have had veterans, but only a few of them ever used their special to go after elites and snipers. if you regularly press F you'll be one of the best

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Tried to run 1 game before work, horrible pubs but we nearly got the end of the level when all of the sudden the mission was aborted?? Does that mean the host crashed?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

They released the previous beta's stats in an infographic a week or so ago. Veteran was the most popular class.

And the ogryn's melee weapon got the most kills, despite that.

Lassitude fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 18, 2022

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

the mouse cursor stays on screen while i play so i'll not do any kind of accuarate fire

emperor guide my hand

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

big cummers ONLY posted:

If anyone has more tips like this... help. I don't need it to look good but my framerate is straight chunky. Not gonna be able to afford pc upgrades for like... years.

Without knowing what your system is like I'm gonna assume you're being cpu bottlenecked
Start by deleting appdata\roaming\fatshark\darktide ; in case any weird beta settings are carrying over.Remember to disable ray tracing and set worker threads in the launcher before first launch as well.

Turning down the CPU heavy settings mentioned in the performance guide, and setting worker threads to 4 on my 4-core i7700k + 3070 either did the trick or they optimized beta because it runs "ok" now on mixed medium/high (gpu-only settings). Big hordes will still drop framerate but its not near as chunky as it was in beta for me. Did about a dozen missions now with only one CTD but my buddy is getting crashes pretty often.

Also Ogryn seems to be by far the least popular choice rn, everybody wants to roleplay a krieg guardsman or space wizard

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Martout posted:

I have to go to bed but I don't want tooooo :(

5 missions completed, 1 failed, still no staff for my psyker but I am absolutely thoroughly enjoying myself! I might even "have a sore throat and a light fever" tomorrow and my students can do revision questions without me babysitting them...

performance mostly fine but even with a 3080 and a new-ish ryzen I had to turn some of the fancier stuff down, turning off lens flare on all lights made a pretty big cpu difference (just like the blog post said) and I can't say it made much difference visually

Can you link that blog post if it has other performance tips?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Good Citizen posted:

I’ve played maybe 6-7 games now and Veteran definitely seems the most prominent. Then the psycher seems maybe least used with the other two at a tie for second? Purely anecdotal of course

whereas i haven't seen one ogryn in a half-dozen :v:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I had yet another system reboot mid-mission.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

TescoBag posted:

Can you link that blog post if it has other performance tips?

this is the performance blog

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3467237196841631255

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thanks for the link and tips, I've got the framerate up to "technically playable" which is good enough for me.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Gotta go with an Ogryn, it's too tempting to be the spiting image of thr UFC's Latifi

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's an Ogryn face model that looks just like AEW's Cezar Bononi

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
After launching the game from a reboot it immediately rebooted my system. Might shelve this for a few days.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
No crashes, got to complete 2 missions so far, not that fatsharky at all? Perhaps I'm jinxing myself? Who knows!
So far so good!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is there any way to see what weapon types you have accessible to buy anywhere or what level you need to get them? Not liking the auto pistol I have but not sure if I want to buy a probably crap auto gun or las pistol either really.

Orv
May 4, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Is there any way to see what weapon types you have accessible to buy anywhere or what level you need to get them? Not liking the auto pistol I have but not sure if I want to buy a probably crap auto gun or las pistol either really.

Las pistols are shockingly good.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Good Citizen posted:

The first game I played this morning was me as an Ogryn and 3 Veterans. They basically just followed around the giant stack of meat and were slinging rounds around me. It was fun.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Orv posted:

Las pistols are shockingly good.

Surprise of the day for me too. Inaccurate but lots of ammo and hits like a truck for such a tiny pistol. Quick to whip out and reload too

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Al-Saqr posted:

Hooolyyyyy poo poo this game has a really great world building and introductory sequence that hypes you the gently caress up lol

Funny to keep hearing this when VT2's intro was such a buggy, warm fart on release day.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pennsylvanian posted:

Funny to keep hearing this when VT2's intro was such a buggy, warm fart on release day.

They made a really nice intro area we’ll probably never see anything of again! Granted it’s mostly just the industrial tileset arranged as a ship but it’s got some good views.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Apparently they hit the Psyker really hard with the nerf bat, like to an absolutely brutal extent

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently they hit the Psyker really hard with the nerf bat, like to an absolutely brutal extent

I mean, based on the beta, that's no bad thing. One can always over-nerf, but open beta psyker was quickly being figured out as absurdly broken - and not in a particularly interesting way.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zealot is apparently very bugged where the ult restores only half toughness and the damage stacks based on missing hp are much less than they should.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Tagichatn posted:

Zealot is apparently very bugged where the ult restores only half toughness and the damage stacks based on missing hp are much less than they should.

Might be an intentional nerf. The level 5 talent that restored 7.5% toughness per second when in melee is explicitly down to 5.0% now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so how do the difficulties work, is 3 meant to be the medium difficulty? 'cuz hot drat has 2 kicked my rear end so far

(e) also when do I get one of theeeeese

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 18, 2022

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Difficulties get way, way easier as you amass player and gear level. Worked that way in the open beta, worked that way in Vermintinde 2, wouldn't sweat having difficulty starting out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i forgot about the weapon specials 'til just now. force sword fucks

really digging this so far :)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I could already spot a couple things in the tutorial that were already incorrect and outdated due to balance changes, expect a lot of that.

Looking at what they changed on Psyker on the last beta vs the current beta it feels like they got the Sienna treatment immediately instead of being able to feel pretty strong before the next patch.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 18, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love how the maps feel scaled perfectly to me as Ogryn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm not super clear on the psycher. His power builds until it pops heads on the primary attack, I get that. What does holding down the alternate attack do? It seems like it would cause you to skip the buildup mode of the primary but it doesn't seem to work that way.