Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that dbz video is loving fantastic

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Xaris posted:

I think TMK did the same. but yeah its also kinda quaint how dated even just a week is.

i'll be honest though, i'm thoroughly sick and tired of hearing about elon musk everywhere from pods to news to forums just non-stop. he has main character syndrome worse than even the most negative-attention seeking goon and even more hosed up than kyanka.

have you considered calling him "Lemon"? or "Leon"? just a little thing i'm seeing around the forums, kinda funny.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a.p. dent posted:

have you considered calling him "Lemon"? or "Leon"? just a little thing i'm seeing around the forums, kinda funny.

that’s low. I’d rather D&D be modded by Elon and he post here than our current situation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A Thirty Years War miniseries sounds neat, they should get Patrick Wyman on for an episode. He wrote a book about that time period last year and is vaguely leftist.

lol, I got a letter in high school for Band and already had a letterman jacket for running Cross Country and Track. I should have said gently caress it and gotten Band stitched on there too but I lacked the confidence at the time. Oh well.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i was captain of the ACADEC team. no fuckin' way i was gonna get a jacket for that poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Who has the most passionate fan base?

WM: Felix and Matt are the stars of the show.

CW: Matt has people who follow his blogs and stuff like that. Felix has the people who try to riff with him in [Twitter] replies and end up becoming reactionaries a year later....

MC: So many supervillains have been created in Felix's replies, where people have just languished without a pity fave and then became reactionaries.

CW: Felix's un-faved replies are like the vat of acid that the Joker gets dropped into.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
For new page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeH4JgZd_A

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Holy moly

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I continue to be rewarded for being a Ptak fan

He's annoying but in a way that is just fine with me apparently

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Fission posted:

I continue to be rewarded for being a Ptak fan

He's annoying but in a way that is just fine with me apparently

yeah lol, he's like a theater kid younger brother

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

C-Euro posted:

A Thirty Years War miniseries sounds neat, they should get Patrick Wyman on for an episode. He wrote a book about that time period last year and is vaguely leftist.

lol, I got a letter in high school for Band and already had a letterman jacket for running Cross Country and Track. I should have said gently caress it and gotten Band stitched on there too but I lacked the confidence at the time. Oh well.

I lettered for Quiz Team

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shipon posted:

i agree with Felix on a recent ep where he said one good thing about the internet now was youtube, for all the talk about how the youtube algorithm is, there's a lot of really good interesting videos being made on super niche things. thanks youtube

Sure those videos exist, but so do the "hey guys I'm gonna give this Walmart greeter $10,000 in cash and record them groveling at my feet in thanks, like and subscribe!" videos

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shipon posted:

i agree with Felix on a recent ep where he said one good thing about the internet now was youtube, for all the talk about how the youtube algorithm is, there's a lot of really good interesting videos being made on super niche things. thanks youtube

the old Argentinian man who would compulsively upload videos of himself smoking different types of pipes had his account deleted many times by youtube. now he is dead and there is no monument or record of this man.

I was wrong. One of his accounts active yet.

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SMOKERSOFCIGARSPIPES
I think this is him, side lol at argentinian man being named "Adolfo"

bedpan has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Nov 18, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

bedpan posted:

the old Argentinian man who would compulsively upload videos of himself smoking different types of pipes had his account deleted many times by youtube. now he is dead and there is no monument or record of this man.
oh man, i remember that. that guy ruled. sad that he's dead now :smith:

gently caress google

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

discovered an indian man who does daily horoscopes and also reads off random press releases for Indian pop culture and for some reason American Jeopardy

that man will know the light of the gods whereas "people" YouTube actually seek to reward like the paul brothers will forever walk this earth as hollow men

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Too long no laughs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

I think TMK did the same. but yeah its also kinda quaint how dated even just a week is.

i'll be honest though, i'm thoroughly sick and tired of hearing about elon musk everywhere from pods to news to forums just non-stop. he has main character syndrome worse than even the most negative-attention seeking goon and even more hosed up than kyanka.

hearing rumors that elon musk has become lowtax

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Was looking up bootleg Gundam reviews on YouTube and the guy spent half the video talking about how he was able to build he kits in a Philippine prison as a perk of being the cell blocks "mayor"

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

bedpan posted:

Genuinely saddened to know this :(

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Important lore from the recent E1; Felix really likes David Sedaris.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Gripweed posted:

Important lore from the recent E1; Felix really likes David Sedaris.

And Branson hates humorists like Fran Lebowitz

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hey, Ghost Stories For The End of the World fella, i haven't said lately how great your show is. it's great, i well-remember the first holiday season where you unsettled me fully with the tale of the brabant killings, and i never fully recovered. also your feed's all hosed.

e: looks like it's podbean in general, oh well

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Nov 18, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Doc Hawkins posted:

hey, Ghost Stories For The End of the World fella, i haven't said lately how great your show is. it's great, i well-remember the first holiday season where you unsettled me fully with the tale of the brabant killings, and i never fully recovered. also your feed's all hosed.

like maxnmoana/night vale, felix, donoteat, gh0stpinstaballa has abandoned us as soon as he got famous :smith:

you're better off pointing it out in his discord https://discord.gg/PGbUYgxp

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
tis the sad story of somethingawful that as soon as a goon gains even a gram of success, they abandon their roots. the only people left are unsuccessful geriatric degenerates

shameful really

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
THE TIME OF RSS FEEDS HAVE RETURNED

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways he seems to be aware that podbean is hosed up. patreon still works fine.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if i ever have a successful podcast i will continue to post on the forums

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

bedpan posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

That's the man!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
finally

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1593510943874371584?s=20&t=k90OMCd2WmYqsj_Z2rFC2w

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Inb4 Betty Belden

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Always knew he was a poster

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gayse belden

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

slave to my cravings posted:

I think Virgil going Hollywood was the whole problem

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tomorrows the big day. Ill be able to tell who all of you are.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao is that an Almost Famous reference

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lmao is that an Almost Famous reference

there is the TrueAnon show tomorrow in Seattle. i think it might be a bit weird to be around people you might have known online for years, possibly better than your real friends in some ways. I’m looking forward to massively amplified surround vocal fry though.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1593726431896502274?s=20&t=z2PQbiU6k9r8Gj84tNbX8g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shut the gently caress up alice

virgil would never eat that